[Dragon] Truffle

WillowWisp

[ Creature Related Character ]

Name: Truffle

Age: Teenager (I know they say Spike is a baby dragon but he seems teen like)

Species: Dragon

Eye Color: Amber-ish brown

Physique & Colors: Dark Brown body with a light brown belly as well as spines. She has creamy white flecks down her back, like sprinkles. She average though she's strong for her size. Her wings, still small only let her fly short distances. Most noticeably she usually has a small fang sticking out and her claws are sharpened to piercing points.

Residence: Canterlot

Likes: Rocks, Chocolate Gold, Interesting statues and buildings, Darker colored gems, Clay, Marble, Any really good sculpting material

Dislikes: Having to warn others NOT to try and eat her creations, Weak or cracked stone, Dull claws, Being considered girly because of her appearance, Light colored or clear gems, When her supplies are late, Overly snobbish types

Character Summary: Truffle was hatched in a cliff side cave of the mountain peaks of northern Roughrider Ridge. Her father worked as a smith, using his great fire breathing skills to expertly work metals. And in a touch place like the ridge, horse shoes and other tools always needed work or replacing. Her mother worked with metal as well, although the softer types like silver and gold. She would find it and then refine it for jewelers to use. The shipments went all over Equestria. Needless to say they assumed their daughter would take on some form of metal work as well.

However from a very early age Truffle found herself interested in rocks. Most Dragons preferred gold and gems, but she liked just normal stones. Especially once she discovered that with sharp enough claws she could chip away at them and carve them into shapes. Though her first attempts were crude, she picked up on the skill quickly and started making various small objects out of rock. It seemed she had a bit of a knack for such and her parents nurtured her skill.

Even though she could make small and even delicate things from stone, she wasn't a delicate girl in the least. Growing up where she did, she was rough and tumble, and had no trouble putting boys in their place if they made fun of her. She had no trouble giving them a slice of her sharpened claws. Needless to say she often found herself in trouble.

Her family ended up in Canterlot when she was just entering her teen years. Her father got a job smithing armor for the Equestrian guards and her mother found she could still locate plenty of metal in the small hills around the area. By then Truffle was great at making various items, and even decorating them. She had a knack for making sculptures that looked like food, and once painted and buffed, good enough to eat. She sells them for decorations at shops or to be used in display cases. Though she still loves making big sculptures as well. She'll even work with gems if asked to, carving them into shapes for jewelers to use.

Truffle loves to travel to look for new inspiration for items. Though she hasn't gone too far from home because she gets bored traveling alone.

((I used the template and a screenshot for reference and ended up drawing out my own image. It's a little rough but it's hard to work with just a laptop touchpad. lol))

1ik9s5.png

I -like- her. Kinda makes me wonder if she and Spike ever interacted while he was there. She kind of reminds me of Mudbuggy a bit as well, a not-so-refined female who likes getting her hands dirty and getting elbows-deep in her work. I think she could be a lot of fun!

Approved.

Sounds like it would be a dream come true to her to get a shipment of rocks and clay material from the Clopton Shore! Might be nice to tie that in there so we can reference far off places. Her favorite materials come from there or she makes special orders for it. :D