A "Disordered" world

Val breathed heavily as he tried to keep a clear head, wondering exactly how he was going to get through this day. To say that he was nervous was an understatment, as although he had been practicing on his speed for awhile now and was quiet confident in his abilities, he knew that thier were ponies who were faster then him. But those who burned up alll their speed in the beginning couldnt match in endurance, which Val had plenty of!! All the adventures he had gone on had defintly given him an advtange as he stared up at the banner that siad "Equestrian 500". It was a huge racing event for all pegasus, who wnated to test thier speed and agility through a rigorous course in order to see who was the best of the best!! It sounded like alotta fun, and appealed to Vals competive side so he thought "Why the Celestia not"!! After all, he did enjoy racing and it would be fun to see what he could do against others. What had him nervous however was that the wonderbolts were here as well, and were certaintly no slackers in the speed department. WHilst Val admired thier speed, he also admired thier courage. "Hmm, this should be fun" he thought smiling lightly.

Thunderflash was practically bouncing off the walls, or atleast, more-so then he usually was. He was finally going to be participating in the Equestrian 500! A few tiny squeaks of laughter escaped him as he bounced towards the front gate. The Wonderbolts were supposed to be there, and today he was going to prove to them that he had the making for a member on their team. It made him a bit nervous, but that was soon flushed out with excitement. Even if he didn't win, at least it would be fun, right? "This is it! The big one! Alright Thunder, just keep your cool. Don't go all loony on them..." he murmerd to himself. The last thing he wanted was to be seen as some nutcase.

He entered the gate, smiling widely as he walked up to a counter. After signing some waivers and getting a number, he placed said number on the side of his flank, opposite of the side his cutie mark was on. Thunder looked around, seeing a number of other ponies who had entered the race as well, along with some of the Wonderbolts! He surpressed the urge to walk up and start rambling, and instead began looking for the gate that'd take him to the starting line. After all, the race would be starting soon. "I'm totally gonna rock the competition! This is the moment I've waited my entire life for!" he said with a confident gleam in his eye.

Val breathed, and sweated as he looked around nervously at the other racers. He wondered to himself exactly thier level, and depth of skill. Spotting a familar pony, Val gasped as he suddenly felt humbled as he nodded respecfully as Rainbow Dash passed by him. She was a local legend apparently when it came to speed, and being competive. So, he really had to work hard if he was expecting to stand a chance against the great Dash!! Blushing, he backed up as he suddenly collided with another pony. "Ooh, sorry about that. I wasnt lookin where I was going" he apologized quickly as he knocked off the ponies glasses. Bending down,he picked them back up as he naded them back to the pony. "Here you go" he smiled lightly as he figured since he bumped into this pony he may as well introduce himself. "Im Valoren Seeker, or Val if you wanna shorten it".

Thunder meandered about, eager to start things. There were so many other ponies there, whether they were racers or spectators. It was so amazing, he had almost forgot how nervous he should probably be. Just as Thunder started to settle down, Rainbow Dash herself walked by. He almost squealed like a little filly at the sight of Ponyvilles fastest racer. She walked past, and he was left in a state of momentary shock. It was long enough to distract him from seeing somepony about to walk into him, and soon they both bumped into each other. It was enough to make his glasses fall from his face, to which the other pony quickly picked up for him.

"Hey, it's no problem. Thanks!" Thunder took his glasses back and replaced them on his face. "Nice to meet'cha Val. I'm Thunderflash, but friends call me Thunder! Man, isn't this exciting!? I've been waiting for so long to take place in the Equestrian 500! I'm gonna win this, and then the Wonderbolts will want me to join them! Maybe I can even get the chance to say hi to Rainbow Dash too!" Poor Thunder continued to ramble on, unable to hold his eagerness. He was just so pumped, and his normal hyperactiveness was practically multiplied!

Val smiled lightly, surprised by Thunder's hyperactive eagerness, as he chuckled "The wonderbolt huh? THey ceratinly are an impressive group. I wanted to try out for them, but i deicded against it for the same reason I decided against becoming a royal guard. As fun as it appears, Im terrible at following orders and doing what Im told. Plus, id feel caged with having to constnatly worry about responsibilites towards guarding the princess and staying in one spot for too long. That would drive me plain bonkers". Grinning, he siad "Thats why I went out of my way to become an adventurer intsead!! Its alot more fun for me since I go wherever I want, and seek out ancinent treasures and go on grand journays and the like"!!

While Val seemed to have a point that being a royal guard was a bit outside of his liking, he couldn't dream of a life without the Wonderbolts. He listened to his preference however, and could see the appeal in the life of a treasure hunter. It certainly seemed exciting enough. Still, he felt his calling was to be flying with his heroes.
"So what's a treasure hunter doing in the Equestrian 500?"
Thunder asked, curious to know why he was here.

Val chuckled as he remarked "Well, I heard that thier was a huge racing event here in Ponyville today, and I handt been in one awhile. So i figured I'd give it a shot to test out my speed; and see if i can hang with the best. Probably cant, but hey even if I dont win; Im still gonna have fun today since racing is really heart stopping!! Specialy when you kick in thier afterburners and shoot through the air like a bolt across the sky". Realizing he was sounding like an excitable colt, he chuckled "Heh heh, sorry I get kinda wound up whenever Im excited about something. I just havent raced in a good while so Im really pumped up for it".