[Shop] Oh look it's some resturant or something.

Tempest Rime

"Here you are." Tempest showed Carnation her ID and slipped it back into her bag, a hint of a smile playing at the corner of her mouth. She wondered if she might still get carded when was the age her mother was now. "Damnit," she muttered under her breath, her train of thought had led her back to that again. She could not free herself of her sobriety fast enough.

She gave the drink list a cursory glance, and figured the special would be good enough. It wasn't like she'd even heard of most of the drinks in there anyway. She set down the menu, trying to empty her mind of thoughts while she waited for Carnation to return.

"The drink special, please," she says as soon as he gets back within earshot, before even waiting to hear if there is ice cream or not.

• 2 weeks later...

She showed him her ID, he didn't pay to much attention to it, just acknowledged that it existed. She muttered under her breath as he gave her the drink list and turned away.

He came back from the kitchen, remembering what the chef had said about ice cream. He heard her ask for the special. "Sunset surprise it is." Carnation nods, making a mental note of the drink. He'd take the request over to the bar after he'd asked what kind of Ice Cream she wanted. "The chef says you can get Chocolate or Vanilla ice cream, with or without hot fudge. Then cherries, whipped cream, or sprinkles." He pulls out a note pad, he should probably write this down, just to be sure.

"Vanilla, with no topping-wait, no. Cherries. I like cherries. Not a fan of chocolate." Tempest sighed and looked away. She kept bouncing between angry fuming and melancholy sulking. This was pathetic. Here she was being miserable, moping in a restaurant by herself.

"Could I even be more pathetic?" she blurted out unintentionally. She paused, realizing she had spoken aloud, but just saying that sounded weird. "Uh, I mean, confiding in somepony I just met about my problems. Er, you know what, nevermind. I just really need that drink."