Flour, Eggs, and a Pinch of Adventure! (EoLPinkie & ShadowStorm)

Guest EoLPinkie

Guest EoLPinkie

"Bye everypony, thanks for coming!" Pinkie Pie called from her loft above Sugarcube Corner as she hung out her window. Her guests were filing out into nighttime Ponyville below, and the room behind her was littered with the remains of cake, streamers, confetti, and all varieties of party paraphernalia.

As the last of her friends faded into the darkness, the pink earth pony pulled back inside and clicked the window shut. With a pleased smile she trotted over to her bed and lovingly nudged her pet alligator Gummy with her nose. He acknowledged the gesture with a wide, toothless yawn.

"Another successful celebration Gummy!" Pinkie said happily, bouncing onto her sheets with enthusiasm. "Everypony said I couldn't find a reason to throw a party today, but they sure didn't bet on Cheerilee being nominated teacher of the year for the fourth time in a row! Isn't that super exciting?!"

Gummy had apparently stopped listening a while ago, and was snoring loudly on a pillow. Taking that as a sign that it was late, his owner curled up under the blankets after dowsing the lights. After all, tomorrow was a brand new day full of fun!

When Pinkie woke under the warm rays of the morning sun, her bright blue eyes popped open as she squealed in excitement. She trounced out of bed and zoomed around her room, kicking up the previous night's decorations in her zeal.

"What should we party about today?! Nopony has a birthday, and I don't think anypony is nominated for anything..." She put a hoof to her lip and flopped to her haunches on the floor. "This calls for the," she glanced around furtively, making sure no one was listening before whispering, "Super Duper Secret Book of Partying."

Tiphoofing over to a picture of a party hat on a rainbow background, Pinkie almost tripped over her party cannon. She giggled before swinging the painting aside and reaching in for a large tome that nopony would ever have expected the hyperactive pink party animal to own. After pulling the cover open with her teeth, she sat in front of the text and began reading. Every once in a while she'd laugh or snicker, but it wasn't until she hit a page toward the end that her eyes went as wide as dinner plates.

"Oooooooh, the Joy Blossom!" she read in awe. "Anypony who eats this rarest of flowers is instantly filled with an intense euphoria that lasts for days. They are said to bloom whenever a pony overcomes a great trial of doubt and sadness in their presence. The last known field was spotted beyond the Badlands..."

"Huh," Pinkie finished, quirking a brow a replacing her book. "I don't know anypony that's been out that far. But if it's for the best cake ingredient I can think of, that's where I'm going!" she rallied with a confident smile. "Maybe somepony in town knows where to go!"

With a quick nuzzle to Gummy the pony bounced down the stairs and out into Ponyville, searching for anyone who could help her with her quest.