Thinking about starting a brony group

Starfox64x

So i'm thinking about starting a brony group (Yeah, i bet you weren't expecting THAT when you read the title) I was thinking about doing one for my general area, which consists of a large chunk of Georgia and South Carolina, but i'm not entirely sure where to start... I was thinking of doing a facebook group, but i've never made one so i'm not sure how that would work... not only that but actually advertising to get people to join would be a hassle... so i dont know... i might be able to find some brony college groups in the area and tell them to join up to that one as well...

in general i was thinking we'd have monthly meetups or something... make some friends, etc...

So yeah, tips? advice? etc?

:TSparkle: SPIKE! Get my clipboard, STAT! :TSparkle:

(sorry, channeling Twi there for a moment :blush: ) ;-)

Too bad Im not in the area, Im stuck on a rock farm in SE Missouri. ;-)

Being a furry, I've been to our version of brony groups, though I am afraid I've been out of the loop long enough not to have any Facebook experience, (In fact, I've only just recently been dragged into getting on Facebook for the first time :blush: )

You are off to a good start though, just letting Canterlot know you want a group in your area. Some groups get ambitious enough to start a small webpage or mail list, but Fb should fill the bill.

Anyway, making a post in brony groups like Canterlot, with the area mentioned in the title, should get the attention of bronies and get things rolling.

One you get enough youcan start making plans like weekend meet-ups at restauraunts that are hard to miss and who dont mind paying crouds. Places like "Cici's Pizza" and such.

I hope this helps. :D

A group for that might already exist -- you just have to find it!

I've looked around for groups in Augusta Ga and the Central Savannah River Area, and i havent found any, noticed a few college groups, but not much else...

:TSparkle: SPIKE! Get my clipboard, STAT! :TSparkle:

(sorry, channeling Twi there for a moment :blush: ) ;-)

Too bad Im not in the area, Im stuck on a rock farm in SE Missouri. ;-)

Being a furry, I've been to our version of brony groups, though I am afraid I've been out of the loop long enough not to have any Facebook experience, (In fact, I've only just recently been dragged into getting on Facebook for the first time :blush: )

You are off to a good start though, just letting Canterlot know you want a group in your area. Some groups get ambitious enough to start a small webpage or mail list, but Fb should fill the bill.

Anyway, making a post in brony groups like Canterlot, with the area mentioned in the title, should get the attention of bronies and get things rolling.

One you get enough youcan start making plans like weekend meet-ups at restauraunts that are hard to miss and who dont mind paying crouds. Places like "Cici's Pizza" and such.

I hope this helps. :D

Thanks for the support! I definitely plan to have our group meet up in different areas, hopefully ranging across the area so more people will join up rather than at once specific spot over and over that's too far for someone to travel. I dont know how to make my own web page, so i'm not even going to TRY that... Facebook is as far as i'll go i believe.

Yeah Starfox - do that - and I'll get to work up here in the Raleigh, NC area - we'll meet in the middle and unify the south in Brony-dom

well what we actually need to do is continue to organize and develope our regional identity as a group and coordinate a Brony-con down here. Atlanta would work! :D

Oh hellz yeah, bronycon in Atlanta would be AWESOME :kissy: but for now, i think i'll start setting up a group for my area and see how that works...

I'm in the northern GA area, and I haven't seen any at all. There are sites where you could post a meeting time, but maybe putting up flyers would be a better way? A lot of the public areas where I'm from let you post bulletins for free (as long as there's a board for it). Some universities may let you with permission, but some may charge you for it.