The Pony Perspective

TheColtofPersonality

Today I kick off my new series called The Pony Perspective where I talk about MLP:FiM, its fans, its characters, its episodes and my thoughts on certain things when concerning this series.

I am unsure how long I will run this or how far I will go before I get sick of it but its going to be a bi weekly series, this week will have an episode but not the next week, however on the week after I will do another one.

If I start feeling good about this i might do it weekly I am unsure.

Now this first episode is not going to be a review, but about how I became a fan of this series.

Now warning this may be a little boring but this is my first shot at this sort of thing so I am unsure if I got the right presentation.

This will not be a humor review or anything just some general observations and thoughts.

IF YOU CANT WATCH DUE TO COPYRIGHT CRAP:

I plan on setting up a blip.tv account as this is a review format video but I have not set one up yet and wont until i get requests to do so.

As of 1:06 in, I need to say this already: 1. You NEED a better mic. The clarity is very low, and often rings my speakers because of the quality of your audio. If you need a mic / headset recommendation, PM me.

Also, I can already tell you're lacking a script. Just the way you're speaking. Ya'll needs a script.

Will edit this post after I'm done watching.

As of 1:06 in, I need to say this already: 1. You NEED a better mic. The clarity is very low, and often rings my speakers because of the quality of your audio. If you need a mic / headset recommendation, PM me.

Also, I can already tell you're lacking a script. Just the way you're speaking. Ya'll needs a script.

Will edit this post after I'm done watching.

Well I am planning on a mic real soon, but I first got to up my computer a bit as rendering this puppy took a bit.

And I did have a script but I have a mind that sometimes ignores I do, sorry.

Also i have some verbal tics I cant help.

how long is the intro?!? It ending straight after NMM was.. beat would be fine.

Time comment time!

1:20, I still dont know why I should watch your... show. The exorcist thing was hilarious though.

2:40, some furs would disagree.

3:06, not to be... rude, but your voice is... kinda distracting. I find myself listing to not what you say but how you say it. Sorry.

3:22, we aren't deviants? Isn't deviant basically defined as someone who is significantly different from what is regarded as 'normal'?

3:40, well, why dont you say the lot you have to say? Don't make apologies about having a lot to say!

4:05, is this about relativism or ponies?

5:37, that sounds like an awesome website.

7:16, good, But you need to find an equivalent to "say to myself"

8:03, Who is this made for? I get the feeling it is for bronies, as you go into some detail of your initiation. If so, you dont need to say that Twi is the first pony we meet, that can be assumed knowledge.

8:32 see comments for 8:03 and 7:16

8:34, "a a-typical southern girl". soooo... she isn't a southern gall? That is what you said...

8:49, see comment for 7:16

9:07, seriously, google a-typical.

9:12, *giggle* Sorry, If you are going to say "like a lion would to a piece of meat", you need to say it expressively.

9:17, please go into why, please go into why! *crosses fingers*

9:43, Agh! 7:16!

9:49, AAAHHHH!! 7:16!!!

10:13. seven sixteen. Not quite one-oh-one yet, but getting there.

10:21. Firstly, dawww for dashie! secondly... well, i think you know my comment. This is turning into a 3:06 thing.

10:46, I thought that the pilot was okay... Good point though.

11:25 *giggle*. I thought this was cleverly done

11:54, ya, we get the idea. If you like it so much, why are you speaking so flatly...?

12:10, yeah, you can stop now. Move on.

12:14, are you going to go through every single episode?

12:20, Tell us why it is so entertaining!

13:20, liking the series more and more? that will happen...

13:58, so true. I feel some chimney think coming on.

14:37, good chimney think! I feel like you could speed your speaking up, either artificially or just speaking quicker.

14:50, chimney think! why couldnt the rest of the show be like this?

15:36, yes, yes you did

15:55, You can use Twilight or Twi instead of Twilight Sparkle. It sounds... kinda formal and gibbon the rest of your show's content it don't gel well.

16:00, Why no outro?!? your intro is heaps long...

reading back over my comments... I am sorry if I come across as a jerk. I was critical because... well, because that is what I actually thought. Towards the end you made some insightful comments, also having some wit with your structure of some of your sections. If you are able to make the whole show more like the end section (IE, not going over simple things about the characters), I will quite happily watch the show.

Have a twilight because we dont have a cupcake or muffin. :)