Dark Is The Night

Dew Drop

My first fan fic! "yay"

The dark gloomy night shrouded out but the finest pigment of the surrounding foliage. She brushed her damp sweat covered mane out of her eyes hoping that she could get a better view of it. She held her breath in sheer fright and nelt as low to the hard clay colored ground she trot upon. The shadowish figure froze as if suddenly taken by surprise. Eclipse brought her head up slightly to get a better look at the beast. It's ruffled fur glistened in the low moonlight that had shown through the thick trees, it's white bloodstained teeth glowed a menacing breath of warm anger that rushed through the beast. It sat on four legs, the hind two larger than the fore. Ecplise let out a small grasp of breath as the beast very slowly stalked away. She waited in the dark moist brush for what seemed like hours, till she felt safe enough to venture a few feet away from the safety of the bush. She thought to herself, "how could i have gotten myself into this disaster of a trip?". She knolled it over how she would survive, survive. that word struck her. Did she deserve this punishment inflicted upon her? she did not feel it so, she swore quietly to herself, "Thank Luna I have survived THIS long".

It all began that very morning. The bright sunlight glared through her triangular window. Eclipse stretched her arms to full length almost dislodging as vase near the foot of the bed. The bedroom, small as it was, was very homely and pleased Eclipse that she felt safe in it's 10 by 10 foot wide walls and 8 foot tall ceiling. She turned the rusted crank on her trusty newly oiled lamp next to her bed rest. She rubed her eyes with her newly manicured hooves. "It is such luxury!" she thought to herself, "To live like a princess in such a nice simple town. All i have to do is ask and the ponys help me in anyway they can!" she thought to herself. She smiled and arched her back to get up out of the medium sized bed. Her Wings caught on the sheets as she got up, ruffled them to warm up her wing muscles. Her neck ached a little, but she didnt mind. She gathered up her things, her horn glowed a deep purplish hue as she plopped her satchel and saddlebags onto her back. She walked up to the door, opening it with her horn glowing and set off down stairs to begin her day.

(will add more soon!)

She left her room and made her way down the spiral staircase at her left. As soon as she hit the bottom step she was startled to be greeted by the cheery white pony. The fillies name was roseta; they had met the night before when Eclipse had originally wandered into Roseta's inn. The filly offered to fix Eclipse a meal before she began her day. Eclipse thought for a second, and then noticed the seductive waft of fresh muffins attracted her attention. She agreed, but explained to the filly that she could not be late for her trip. Roseta nodded and showed Eclipse to her table. Roseta then happily trotted back to the kitchen. Eclipse sat down and thought to herself maybe this isn't a waste of time as she rubbed her chin with a hoof; I can use this time to plan out my route while I wait! Her horn pulsed purple and she quickly hovered her map out of her woolen satchel. She looked down at her map, scooted her chair closer to the table and rested her elbow down onto the table. She talked to herself in a quiet contemplative tone. 'If I head in north I'll...no wait then I could run into the area with the latest sighting'. Hmm she murmured. 'oh well I guess there isn't any easy way into the everfree forest now is there?' she chuckled to herself but was cut off by the clanging of dishes as the now stunned Roset dropped a tray of steaming muffins to the floor. Her mouth agape she asked in a stern tone 'why in equestria would you go to that hideous frightening place?!' demanded Roseta. Eclipse shook her head; none of these ponies understood her. 'I'm on a very important mission for the princess' Explained eclipse, to the surprised Roseta. 'OH' said Roseta, slightly less confused. 'Well, tell Celestia she chose the right pegicorn for this mission' stuttered Roseta, attempting to be positive about the situation. 'No no no' said Eclipse, 'Princess Luna'. Roseta was getting annoyed, she could tell, so she picked up a dew of the muffins, placed them in her bag and said her goodbyes to Roseta and was out the door.

The sun glared brightly through the small gap in the clouds, it felt refreshing to feel the suns warmth after all these cold winter days. The town was full of activity today, mares and colts all about the town getting ready fro winter-wrap-up -day two moons from today. Finally realizing how distracted she was, eclipse started on her way through town, trying desperately not to bump anypony as she her way through the market-place. She passed the mayors office, with its elegant architecture. Passing a shop with the sweet smell of newly baked sweets wafting from it's swinging welcoming doors. Eclipse tried her best to ignore the seductive smells of those treats. Her horn glowed as she lifted a muffin out of her bag and took a bite of one of her soft warm muffins she had gotten that morning. She felt much better after two more of the muffins, almost bumping into a large red colt on his way to that café. She stopped to look up and see the last of the suns rays drifting over the entire valley. She passed the last of the buildings, a library with a surprising amount of activity inside. Just as she turned her head she caught a glimpse of a multicolored Pegasus crash into the balcony of the library's second level. She stopped and began to unfurled her wings to go and see if the Pegasus was ok, but just as she was about to take off she noticed a purple unicorn on the balcony was already there to help. So Eclipse tucked her wings back and was back on her way. As she passed into one of the last of the towns many parks, she noticed a little cottage on the edge of the forest border. Small wisps of grayish smoke wafted from the dark brick chimney atop the cottage. Here seemed like a good spot to stop thought Eclipse. Eclipse walked over to the nearest park bench and lifted her packs off her back to examine the contents of her satchel. The letter she withdrew from her bag had a smooth glossy seal, already broken embroidered with the words 'Classified high priority mail'. On the top was the 'ditzy doo' stamp that was so popular with the other ponies. Eclipse had already read the letter from Luna, but she felt it disserved a second look to make absolutely sure she was going at her task the right way.