[Canterlot] Rocked and Waiting

WillowWisp

'Oh fixin' that won't take long. Just a matter of heating up a tip and stickin' the rounded piece on it,' Truffle nodded at that. 'I think we left a couple sharp cause the tag here didn't get checked off.' She held up the little order slip, 'someone just forgot to check if they were suppose to be sharp or not. So we did both since it's an easy fix. Pops'll be able to do that without interrupting the work going on too much.'

That said she waited until the bladed needing to be fixed were back in the cart, and then turned to take them to the back again. 'Help yourself to those chocolates on the counter by the way... just make sure ya only eat the ones on the top and bottom tier of the stand. Well, ya could try and eat the ones in the middle but ya won't be happy.'

It was true, the chocolates were displayed not just for guests to enjoy, but show off as well. The ones in the middle tier weren't candies at all. Instead they were some of Truffle's sculptures and they were placed that way to show how real they looked. Sure one might discover they seemed just a tad heavy for their size, but on such a small scale it wasn't that noticeable. However, biting into one would prove to be a stone rather than a chocolate.

Eventually the Dragon returned, pulling the cart with her again. 'Okay, all fixed. Careful though, the blades are still a little warm. But they're all bated and run through free now.'

[[Again, sorry for my slow reply]]

"Thank you." Escrime answered as the young dragon disappeared into the back room. Taking her advise he walked over and had a closer look at the chocolates.

He picked up one from the middle tray before grabbing a second from the top tray... he noticed the difference in weight and examined the 'chocolate' from the middle tray. Though it looked convincing it was certainly much too hard to be a confectionery.

The Dragon reaapeared with the finished blades.

"Thanks for that." Esc replied, before enquiering "Now how much was my order? Oh, and nice work on the 'chocolates' by the way."

"Heh, like those huh?"Truffle smiled proudly at the mention of the chocolates. "That's my specialty. I make sculptures of all sorts of stuff out of various types of stone. But makin' food is what I'm best at. It's funny to see somepony come in here and pick one up. Though I gotta warn them... some have actually almost bitten into one. Or at least tried."

The Dragon was proud of her work. Her parents may have been experts in metal crafts but she loved working with stones and other earthy materials. And when she got compliments she was never one to turn them down.

"Oh, your order...uh... let's see..." Truffle looked down at the order tag and ripped off the little part with the expenses on it. "There ya go. That's got the list of everything made and the cost. The total is that number there at the bottom."

Escrime couldn't help but wince when the dragon mentioned her art for real candy... he imagined it would hurt a lot and the dental bill wouldn't be nice either.

"That cannot have ended well..." Esc commented when the dragon finished talking about her 'chocolates'

He waited a moment while she found the bill. Once the dragon handed it to him Esc quickly read it... it looked in order, perhaps a little more expensive than he had expected but not too bad. He then spent a moment fumbling through his saddle-bag for the necessary gold-bits before tossing the cash the dragon's way.

"Thank you... here's my payment."

'You're tellin' me. The first time it happened was when we still lived in Roughrider Ridge. It was my flyin' instructor actually. He came by for dinner and saw those sitting on the counter. And Dragons usually have no problem eatin' rocks. But he sure wasn't expecting that to be one. Bit down real hard and let out a horrible shout... good thing I was already considered a trouble maker... didn't have a reputation to ruin.'

Truffle smirked to herself as she remembered the story. It was pretty funny when she thought about it. That teacher was too stuffy in her opinion anyway. And now it gave her a good story to tell.

'Thanks,' she took the bits and smiled. 'I hope ya like those. Pops sure is proud of everything he makes. Oh yeah, if something should happen, or they aren't doing what ya need, just bring them back and he'll see what he can do. Likes to make sure that everyone of his works is just what the customer ordered.'

[[i've been slow again... been away over Easter.]]

Esc gave a laugh on hearing the juvenile dragon's tale. It was a thoroughly entertaining story... and something told him the flying instructor had deserved it.

He listerned to the dragon's comment on her father's work, before he replied:

"I should... your father is one of the few smiths I trust to make these blades."

With some effort Esc got the bag of fencing blades out of the cart and onto his back.

"I would like to stay and talk longer" he explained to the dragon "but unfortunatly I have to get moving. Perhaps I'll catch you next time I'm here."

Escrime turned and walked out the door before heading back to his fencing school.

[[Afraid I've got to bow out of this thread now... I'm going to a conference next week, so things are kinda hectic]]

'Yeah, maybe. I tend to be around if I ain't working in the back, or deliverin' stuff,' Truffle nodded as the stallion turned to leave. 'Hope you like your swords.'

Of course now the shop was empty again, so she didn't need to stick around. But since she was waiting on her supplies she was kind of stuck. The Dragon sighed as she eventually went outside again, plopping down next to the mailbox.

'Gee, I ain't ever gonna get these rocks am I?' Truffle let out a groan as she flopped back and laid looking up at the sky. 'How am I suppose to get anythin' done with no material? Feh! This is the most boring waste of time ever!'