A griffin in school (Open to foals of all ages)

The city of Canterlot spread out beyond and behind the imposing spire of rock that the castle and old city was built into, spilling onto the lesser alps and gentler hills that made up the nmountain range behind it. It was on one of these lesser dales that Miss Teak's Academy for Gentle-ponies spread itself, the main school building a big edifice in neo-classical style with lesser buildings depending off it, such as an indoor pool and student dorms. Surrounding it was broad set of playing fields and gardens, and surrounding that was a wall.

It was not the most exclusive of educational establishments, catering to both day students from the Canterlot area and boarders from other parts of Equestria, but it considered itself a place of learning for the better class, or at least better funded of families. A number of the great and god, or at least well finanxced and well connected sent their young there to gte them out of the house and possibly even learn something.

This was a typical sunny Canterlot day, and the day students were arriving, some by private coaches or even a few flying chariots. A few pegasi headed in on their own two wings. All were wearing the burgundy blazer, white shirt/blouse and crimson cravat style tie that was the school uniform. From well above the madding herd, another figure flew, onserving the layout of the school, it's arriving pupils, and it's open areas. Making a decision, she gave a shrill shriek, and stooped on the school.

Miss Hollyrod was never surprised. Years of dealing with students and their antics had given her an level of aplomb a stone statue would be pressed to match. However, she might have privately admitted to being slightly disconcerted when a griffon dropped out of the sky and landed on the grass of the lawn just inside and to one side of the main gate. She slid her pencil into the tight bun her mane was bound into and levitated her clipboard into a custom pocket in her jacket.

"Excuse me!" she called, turning to face the ineterloper.

"Why, what have you done?" The griffon asked. It... she from the voice and eyleashes was an unusual specimen, rather than having the combination of eagle and lion features, this one looked as if it's parents had been a seagul and a Siberian tiger. The school saddlebag satchel she was carrying under one wing was rathwer lost there, as she was also almost as big as the blue unicorn who as well as being in charge of discipline, also taught science, as shown by her ruler and beaker cutie mark.

"What? No... it's what you've done!" Miss Hollyrod exclaimed. "This is private property, a school, not some landing area for tired griffons."

"Well that's alright then." The griffon smiled brightly, and with an effortles leap and beat of her wings, sailed off the grass, over the ornamental border and onto the paved road that led to the main entrance. "I'm not at all tired, and if this school is Miss Teak's Academy, then this is where I'm supposed to be. The names Clawee, and I'm starting here today."

"But your a... a..."

"Griffon." Clawee nodded, "I've been one all my life. However, legally at least I'm a pegasus and I've got the papers to prove it."

Miss Hollyrod hauled out her clipboard and started leafing through her notes. "There is a pegasus supposed to be starting here today, but the name is down as Chloe."

"That's always happening. My family had me by adoption and the paperwork got a bit confused." The griffon sighed then brightened up. "This is the first time I've gone to a proper school and I'm really looking forwards to it!"

"Well why aren't you in uniform?" The blue unicorn asked.

"Well, I was flying here, and I didn't want to get it messed up. That's why I got here early so I could go change."

Miss Hollyrod decided that she wanted to get at least something out of this meeting. "Well you shouldn't have landed on the grass. It's not for walking on."

The griffon looked abashed. "Gosh, I'm sorry, but I didn't just want to land in the middle of the pavement and scare the wits out of any-pony."

For a flesh rending predator the griffon was quite considerate. She looked so apologetic that Miss Hollyrod couldn't find the heart to give her a demerit. "Well now you know. I suggeste you get changed and go on up to the headmistress's office to get your paperwork sorted out."

"Okay!" Clawee brightened up and moved off with a jaunty stride, heading for the school entrance.

(OOC: Since no-one nay-sayed a Canterlot school based RP, here it is. I'm looking for other Canterlot fillies and foals to fill in a class. If any adult ponies need a teaching job, that's fine too.)