The Nerd and the Nurse [Closed]

HighRoller

Roller munched on some potato, savoring a piece of skin before swallowing the bite. "Mmm...it's quite good. Thank you for bringing me here, dear." He swished his tail back and forth happily. "I suppose you're right. I just wanted to to the gentlemanly thing," the stallion said with a charming smile. He took another bite of potato, then washed it down with some tea. "I'd be somewhat pacified if you'd let me pay for desert, though," he said, winking.

(you mean gentlecoltly thing...=D)

"Oh it is no bother really." HeartBeat said shaking her head back and forth.

"I'm just glad the food here is good, it would of been a shame to come here and then the food be bad or a waste of a wait." She sipped her lemon water again, she wanted to act as marelike as she could

The stallion sipped lightly from the tea again, using the excuse of drinking to think of something to talk about. He'd already asked her about work before they'd come...and he'd given her compliments... "Oh...I don't believe I've ever had you come to Canterlot with me to see my shop, have I?" he asked curiously. "It's not much, but I'm immensely proud of it. Maybe since you have the week off you could take two or three days to come see it?"

HeartBeat grinned at HighRoller, she knew he had a shop but never actually had seen it.

"Oh no, I guess I'll have to take my week off to go see your store and Canterlot as a whole. I've only been there once before, but that was a long time ago." She ran her hoof through her mane and then sipped her lemon water again and finished her potato. "How long do you think it will take for us to get there and find your house?" She was very curious about what kind of house in Canterlot HighRoller had and was determined to find out and perhaps offer to spruce it up a bit.

Roller put a hoof to his chin, thoughtfully chewing a bite of potato. He swallowed it and began speaking. "Well...I don't know. I usually hire someone to haul me and my things, so we could do that on the way back. It's not a particularly long journey provided we stick to the roads and the weather patrols keep them from getting muddy." He smiled happily at his new fillyfriend. "I...I'm looking forward to spending the week with you, heart."

She smiled and blushed a little at HighRoller, she always did prefer it when gentlecolts called her Heart instead of Beat. She finished her Potatoes and her Lemon Water and wiped her mouth with the napkin and took one of the small slices of cake from the plate and put it on hers and began to skilfully eat it, slowly to savor each and every bite. She was a sweets addict and if asked she could tell you every ingredient in a sweet just from one nibble of it.

"Well I see no problem in me packing a few small things for the week and then we can hire a cart in the morning, or even tonight if you wanted to get there before dawn." She said as she sipped some more lemon water that the waiter had just refilled for her and HighRoller. She thanked him and the waiter bowed out and went back to the kitchen.

Roller smiled. "We can wait 'til morning, hon. I don't see any reason we have to be there before dawn. Besides...I'd sort of like to rest my head somewhere before I start traveling again. I just got here today."

He finished his potatoes and took a slice of the cake the waiter had left for the two of them. "Mmm...this is tasty," he said after swallowing his bite. The young stallion gazed across the table at his date again. "S-so...um...have you ever had a coltfriend before me?" he asked curiously.

HeartBeat dragged HighRoller back to her apartment after they finished their food and took him into her room as per there was only one bed in her house. She then remembered she never did answer his question. "Oh, um, no I really haven't. You are in fact my first Coltfriend." She said and blushed a little as she pulled back the covers on the bed for she was tired as well. She yawned a little and then rubbed her eyes. "Today was a good day all in all, I mean I not only got to see you and have a very lovely dinner but now we get to travel with each other in the morning back to your house in Canterlot." She giggled a little as she was pretty excited to actually see Canterlot. She slid into the bed waved her hoof for HighRoller to join in.

(Since this isn't 18+ There wont be anything going on but SLEEPING....)

[Don't worry, I figured not. Wouldn't want to corrupt the minds of any young foals. xD]

Roller blushed a bit and smiled at her. "Well...you're my first fillyfriend too, so I guess we're even." He swished his tail, but froze when he realized there was only one bed. "U-um...are you sure you don't want me to sleep on the floor?" he asked, coming up to her and gently nosing her cheek. "It's no trouble, if you're not comfortable sharing a bed with me." He looked down and lightly scuffed his hoof against the floor, as was his habit when nervous.

HeartBeat giggled and shook her head no. "It is no problem at all, I don't mind sharing a bed with anypony really. So long as they don't kick in their sleep!" She patted the bed next to her inviting him to come lay with her. She then yawned and stretched a little before settling in and closing her eyes.

Roller was still rather nervous, but climbed into the bed with her anyway, and was soon fast asleep himself.

The Next Morning:

Roller moaned and opened his eyes, looking around, taking a few moments to realize where he was. He carefully climbed out of bed, his hoofs clip-clopping as they made contact with the floor, and moved quietly and groggily towards the kitchen.

HeartBeat rolled over in her bed and then got out, wide awake all of the sudden. She noticed that HighRoller wasn't in the bed and began to freak out a bit, she looked in her closet, under the bed and even between the sheets with no luck she sighed and began to pack her bags anyway. Surely he didn't just up and leave. She thought to herself as she stuffed a few handkerchiefs into her bags, as a mare never knows when she'll need an upgrade in fashion. After packing her backs she strapped them on and then walked out into the main room of her apartment to see HighRoller walking into the kitchen.

Roller sipped some hot tea, that groggy expression still on his face, and looked up to see HeartBeat emerging from the bedroom. He managed a tired smile. "Hi there, sweety..." he said quietly. "Sorry...I'm not much of a morning pony." Odd considering he'd woken up before her. "I'm already pretty much packed, as I didn't unpack much here to begin with. You look as if you're ready to go." The stallion walked toward his lady love and nuzzled her nose.

HeartBeat was breathing a bit heavily and was a bit shocked to see him still in the house. She sighed a little as he walked over and when he began to nuzzle her she couldn't help but be happy and blush at him. She nuzzled him back an bit and then went speak but couldn't think straight at first. She took a deep breath and after her exhale she began to speak, "I'm sorry, I thought you had left already. I rolled over and you were not there, my alarm didn't go off either." She was thinking frantically of how much of a dunderhead she was for thinking that he would leave without her. She tipped her head down in shame and said quietly: "I'm sorry."

Roller smiled a little wider and nipped her ear. "Hey...it's okay, honey. Don't be sorry." He stepped back and swished his tail, feeling a bit more awake. "What's there to be sorry for?" He levitated his tea cup and finished off its contents, then set it back down on the table.

HeartBeat meeped a bit as HighRoller nipped her ear. She was still blushing and looking at the ground, almost everything she said came out as mumbles but some of what she said came out audible.

"I just...you left...Canterlot..." She started to hoof at the ground a bit and then brought her eyes up to meet HighRoller's tears just sitting in them, she wasn't about to cry but she just felt so bad about thinking he would leave her that she was starting to tear up.

"We should leave soon, for your house. I mean, if we are still doing that." She said as she dropped her head back down to look at the ground some more.

Roller frowned and rubbed his nose against hers. "Hey...cheer up, sweety. It's okay." He didn't like to see his precious fillyfriend sad for any reason, least of all one related to him in some way. "Don't feel bad. It was an easy assumption to make."

The young stallion levitated a napkin from the table and began to dab at her eyes. "And yes, we're still going to Canterlot, as long as you still want to." His sweet smile returned to his face.

HeartBeat perked up, she was ready to leave the dreary and dark city behind her and go visit the expensive and vast capitol of Canterlot. Surely she would find a use for this dress she packed. She used her magic to pull out a handkerchief and tie it around her neck, it was a plaid pink one, and was one of her favorites. "Well then we'd best be going, we don't want to be late or anything like that now do we?" She spoke softly remembering that HighRoller said he wasn't a morning pony. She smiled at him and nuzzled him a bit and then trotted happily over to the door, making sure to get a drink of her prized Lemon Water before sitting down to wait for HighRoller to be ready.

Roller grabbed his saddlebags, levitating them onto his back, and rubbed the last of the sleep from his eyes, trotting out the door and giving Heart a gentle nuzzle. "Well, we don't have a date to keep, although I did tell the friend who's watching the shop for me I'd be back in Canterlot sometime this evening. He's flexible, though, and he enjoys helping me out...especially cuz I give him a little cut of whatever he sells while I'm gone," he said, a sly grin on his face.

HeartBeat nodded her head to HighRoller and then began to trot outside to call forth for them a hauler pony that would take them to Canterlot. She stood on the edge of the walkway and waved her hoof to get one of their attentions. Surely one of them trotted over to her, a very large and muscular pony who had a cart attached to his back.

"Where can I take you Miss HeartBeat?" He asked, surely she wasn't so famous that everypony in the city knew of her.

"Well, my coltfriend and I need to get to Canterlot before the afternoon. Think you can do that for us?" She asked with a wink and a large smile.

"Oh, it would be my pleasure to do this for you Miss HeartBeat! I hope you enjoy your vacation!" He said as he grabbed their things and put them into the back of the cart.

"Thank you very much kind sir!" She said and then gave him a friendly wink and nuzzle, the hauler pony then bent over and then helped HeartBeat into one of the seats on the front of the cart, she then waved her hoof for HighRoller to join her.

Roller was a little disappointed that he hadn't been able to help her into the cart like a true gentlecolt. However, he hopped into the seat beside her and nudged her cheek with his snout. He nodded respectfully to the ponies hauling the cart.

"Well, then, let's be off," he said. "To Canterlot." He swished his tail as the cart began making its way down the street. As they moved, he looked happily over at his fillyfriend, admiring her features.

"You...have pretty eyes," he said quietly.

HeartBeat fluttered her eyes a bit in shock then blushed and turned her head down.

"Oh well, I don't know about that. I mean I guess if you think they are and all that is good, but I don't like to think that I am pretty due to the fact that there are for sure some other ponies who look way better then I do." She said not sure how exactly to word her thoughts. The strong stallion who had the cart attached to him was pulling it along at a very nice and good pace.

"Oh but Miss HeartBeat you are a very gorgeous pony! Take this stallion's words to heart! No name-pun intended Miss." He said with a wink back to them and then picked up the pace to get them to Canterlot faster then before the sun-down. She knew that the work ponies loved her since she used to come by and check to make sure that they were all in good health almost every day and to cheer them up. She also donated a lot of her money to these working ponies hence why most of them knew who she was and would gladly do whatever she asked whenever she asked however she asked no questions asked. This was very comforting to know but still felt strange that a whole group of ponies almost worshiped her for her good deeds that she didn't even mind doing at all.

"Thank you very much." Was all she could muster to the stallion pulling the cart, she turned back to HighRoller and pulled his glasses off of his face and then leaned in for a gentle nuzzle. "I'm sorry that this isn't exactly how you wanted it, but these pony who do the hard work around Manehatten...I've spent a lot of time and bits to help make their lives bearable and not so miserable. They all are very nice ponies and I don't rightly know what I'd do without their services." She tried to explain to HighRoller but felt that she might only be hurting him with these words. She put his glasses back on him and tilted her head down even farther in shame.

Roller frowned and tilted her chin upwards with a hoof. "Hey...don't be so glum, hon. This has been a very pleasant ride, and your friends are my friends, too. You're worrying about problems that don't exist." The young stallion rubbed his cheek against her own.

"And he's right. You are a gorgeous mare. My gorgeous mare." He swatted her playfully with a swish of his tail and used a hoof to carefully correct the position of his glasses. "Heck, even without these specs I'd be able to tell you were lovely. Besides that you're sweet, dedicated, generous, and very humble. What more could a stallion ask for?" he asked his former silly grin having diminished into a soft, gentle smile.

HeartBeat had no idea what to say to this, she sat in the seat stunned for a bit and then blushed a bit. "I'm sorry love, I didn't mean to bring the mood down." She used a hoof to brush her mane out of her face and then used her magic to tug on her bow some to get it to sit just right atop her head. She looked at the stallion pulling the cart and he was working real hard but he kept looking back at them with a smile and sometimes a friendly wink and such to HeartBeat. She had a massive grin on her face as she leaned into HighRoller taking a deep breath and relaxing a bit into him. It was long until they were finally rolling to Canterlot, it was far more brilliant then she had ever thought and almost gasped at how lovely the city was.

"Here you are Miss HeartBeat, and HighRoller." The cart stallion walked over and helped them out of the cart and then got their bags for them he then looked HighRoller in the eyes and clamped his front hooves onto HighRoller's head. "Listen here boy, you break her heart, I break you. Got that?" He was very serious but then that all left him and he gently patted HighRoller on the head and got strapped back into the cart and then began to trot off back to Manehatten.

"I'm sorry HighRoller, I forgot to warn you that they are a very protective bunch about me." She said hanging her head again and then slowly dragging her bags over to her using her magic and then sliding into position right next to HighRoller. "So lets head to your store and see how your friend is doing!" She said with an attempted smile on her face.

Roller looked a bit like a deer in the proverbial headlights when the larger, burlier pony seized his head. "O-oh...don't worry, I won't," was all he could manage. He regained his composure and nodded as his fillyfriend spoke. "It's alright, hon," he said, nudging her cheek with his nose and retrieving his own luggage, levitating his saddlebags to a semi-comfortable position on his back.

"Yeah, let's go. Rook is patient, but that doesn't mean it's right to keep him waiting." The male trotted towards the suburb that his store was located in, looking over and smiling at HeartBeat every so often 'til they got there.

He stopped in front of a decent-sized storefront, swishing his tail. There were clear glass doors, and a sign with a large silver horseshoe, with "Silverhoof Games" printed underneath. "Here it is. My pride and joy," he said, beaming at the white mare.

Inside the glass doors, there was a young stallion with black hair and white highlights sitting behind the counter, reading a book. He was pure white, with a big splash of black on his flank, and his cutie mark was a white castle chess piece. A small bell rang when Roller pushed open the doors, and the pony looked up.

"Oh! Hey, there, Roller." He trotted up and gave HeartBeat a smile. "Who's this? Is she the reason for your frequent trips back to Canterlot recently?" Roller only blushed, which prompted a laugh from the other male. "Oh, you know I'm just giving you a hard time." He politely extended a hoof to the mare. "I'm Rook. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Regardless of whether or not she chose to shake his hand, he'd briefly turn his attention back to his friend. "Well, Roller, as you can see, we just have a few free gamers at the tables right now. A few purchases today, but nothing big. Don't worry about my cut right now. I promised a friend of mine a game of chess, so I have to get going." He gave Heart a polite nod and nudged Roller. "Have fun, loverboy." Rook then grinned and trotted off.

"Um...thanks!" Roller called after his friend. He looked back to Heart. "Well, come on in, hon."

She'd see the front counter doubled as a glass case, in which lots of game cards were displayed. Along both sides of the wall all the way to the back where shelves lined with organized boardgames on the left, and lots of equally organized boxed miniatures on the right.