Japan Earthquake, 1st Anniversary

dragonewt

Today, March 11st(PM2:46:18JST), is a day of the 1st anniversary of a magnitude-9 earthquake and tsunami.

We lost more than 19,000 people and 370,000 houses. And 260,000 people still live in temporary housing.

However, we won't forget the gratitude we should feel toward the foreign-tomodachi who help us out!

Dang, it’s been a year since that already? Hard to believe that this time last year I was only just starting my first deployment (I’m in the US Navy). I was onboard the Ronald Reagan, which was the closest ship at the time so we were the first to respond. I didn’t get sent to land to help out or anything but I was working to send relief supplies from the ship. Hopefully things are going well and looking up for you and your country!

Has it really been a year...? I should've known then that 2011 was a living hell... :-(

2011 was fairly bad year. The only things that you could consider "good" were the termination of a lot of terrorism and dictatorism related figures even if they were partially an ego and fame boost for the American politicians.

Now that I remember seeing all that footage recorded with helicopters, I'm feeling really bad for not even sending an SMS to help .(I'm not sure, maybe I did just forgot about it) Also, it's noce to see that the place is somewhat being rebuilt, but of course it will never be the same because of the power plant.