[Stalliongrad] Just This Night [PM for invite]

CrimsonNova

Tip Toes was busy. Busier than she'd ever been before! She was decorating the studio for tonight's formal dance. She hadn't lived here in the studio very long, and she felt the time was right for her to host her first dance! It seemed fitting, of course. Toes, a dance teacher, should host a dance. Perhaps ponies would enroll in her classes if they enjoyed this.

She had left the guest list open, and simply put up fliers all around the place. She didn't know if many ponies would come, but she sincerely hoped that the dance would be a hit. She had already organised refreshments: a table with punch, water, and many snacks stood over in the far left corner. In the corner stood speakers, disguised by gold and silver covers. The high glass ceiling was strewn with tactful gold and silver streamers, and the floor was clear. She glanced at the ornate clock beside the table of refreshments. She had 10 minutes to spare and change into her dress.

It took her 5 minutes to get dressed up, and as she stood in her flowing gown of silver and pink, she waited to greet her guests. Her lilac mane was swept up into a beautifully messed up knot, and her pink coat shone as though it had been sprayed with crystals. She wanted to look good, for her first party after all.

Suddenly, the doors opened, and she rushed to greet her first guest.

• 2 weeks later...

Alex had been wondering around the town of Stalliongrad, filling his saddlebags supplies for his journey. He spotted a flier, advertising a dance. He had never thought of himself as a dancer and distanced himself from social events, after what happened in the time he attended the Stalliongrad school of arts, but curiosity got the better of him as he ventured off to the location that the flier said to go to.

As he arrived at the dance studio, his eyes went wide, seeing the decorations. Inspiration hit the unicorn as he came closer to entrance. He stopped and snapped back into reality, seeing the mare that was next to the doors. The silver and pink colors of the gown mixed in with her lilac mane sent him into a state of aw. He had never seen this mare before, although he wasn't the most sociable colt to begin with.

Tip Toes smiled graciously to her first guest, and cleared her throat.

"Welcome, sir! My name is Tip Toes, glad to have you here!" She bowed her head to him and held out a hoof. "Well, er, as you can see you're the first of my guests to arrive. Not that I expect many more to come."

The mare walked to her beautifully disguised music speakers and hit them on. Soft tinkling music filled the room and she smiled to her guest. "I'm new to Stalliongrad, so I thought I'd throw this party to get to know some ponies, hm?"

She smiled once more at him. "I hold dance classes, so I thought a dance would be appropriate, I do hope you agree." She waited for him to scoff. Perhaps the whole idea sounded ridiculous to him, she didn't know.

The mare blinked at him and smiled a little awkwardly. "My dress? Oh, you like it? I had it specially made. I do think it compliments my colours nicely, don't you?"

Tip Toes spun on the spot, and the light glinted off the sparkly embroidery thread that held the piece together.

She walked around him slowly, trying to get him to snap out of whatever daze he was in. Were the lights to bright? The music too loud? Perhaps he was thirsty!

"Would you like something to drink?"

Toes nodded, and walked slowly to the refreshments table. She picked up a glass of punch and held it in her teeth, trotting back over to him while being careful not to spill a drop.

She was startled to find the colt sketching when she returned. "Umm, do you like the decor? I went to a lot of trouble. And it surely wasn't easy since I've only just moved in."

She set down the glass beside him and glanced at the door, then back to her own decorations. "Perhaps I over-did it. Does it look too.. brash?"

Tip Toes glanced at his book, her eyes widening. "You're not a colt of many words, are you?" She flashed a smile at him.

Eesh,Toes give the colt some credit, he did show up here didn't he? That's gotta be worth somethin'.

She looked at him thoroughly. "Would you perhaps like to dance?" she tried him with this question, not quite sure how to approach him.

"Oh it's easy! You just gotta find the rhythm and move to it, see?" Toes began to sway to the music, her dress billowing out with every turn. She stopped to smile at the colt. "Try it!"

Was this really going to turn into one of her dance classes? She was starting to move to the music when a thought struck her round the head harder than a hoof to the face.

"I don't know your name!"

Alex chuckled as he watched her move to the music."It's Alexandrite Bloosom, but you could just call me Alex." Closing his eyes, taking in a deep breath and exhaled slowly. Find a rhythm....find a rhythm.... Streaks of paint covered the ground as if telling him where to go. Relaxed, his hoofs moved on the path in his mind.

Toes stamped her hooves as he found his rhythm. She smiled gleefully to him. "Now you're getting it! I'm Tip Toes by the way. Oh, I already introduced myself earlier, oh well."

She moved with him, spinning around him and laughing all the while. "What brings you here?" she tried this question again, not sure to press the colt too hard.

Hearing Tip Toes question, the colorful path that had been keeping Alex's rhythm on track had suddenly stopped, leading Alex to trip over his own hoofs. He opened his eyes half way, looking over to his saddle bags, still over in the corner where he left them, hopping they weren't there. They where still there. Like an angry parasprite buzzing around him, reminding him that he was leaving town, getting away from all the pain caused by his fellow classmates and peers.

The unicorn looked up to Tip Toes with a sarcastic grin. "Ah....ha ha ha....Guess that was short lived...." He couldn't tell her the truth, to say that he was leaving town when she just got there."Oh, uh....I saw your file while I was doing some shopping."

Tip Toes watched in horror as he fell. She held out a hoof and pulled him up. "Well, good try!" She laughed kindly.

She stretched her own legs and smiled at the colt. "Oh, I wasn't sure if anyone would see them. Honestly, I didn't expect anypony to come at all, what me being new and all."

The mare nodded wisely, utterly oblivious to the obvious pain that the colt had once been through.

"Ya, most here in Stalliongrad rarely even care for anything other than modern technology stuff. A dance studio kinda seems--." Alex stopped himself, realizing what he just said. "Eh....don't worry, more ponies and griffins will come around eventually." The unicorn said with a fake laugh, taking Tip Toes hoof.