The Wanderer (Closed)

Pebbles

For CrimsonNova and Pebbles only. :)

Pebbles was lying on the grass, his front two legs in the air. He was watching the clouds, and waiting for his friend, Silver Wish to arrive. He sighed. She really took her time, some days.

He was lying in a field a few miles outside of Wish's hometown of Stalliongrad. Pebbles got up restlessly, and paced for a while before lying back down and closing his eyes.

Silver Wish checked the watch she had pinned to her saddlebags. Perfect, she was on schedule. She trotted up a hill to where Pebbles said he'd meet her. She saw him pacing as she approached, and couldn't help a small smile when he flopped back down onto the grass. When she reached the resting stallion, she stood over him, looking down.

"Eesh, you're so impatient." she teased, and laughed when the stallion's eyes shot open in surprise. "I'm here. What do you want me for anyway? I don't appreciate when ponies send me notes telling me to abandon my job for a day to come help them do whatever they have to do." She was teasing again, and she hoped he knew that.

Pebbles jumped when he heard the mare's soft voice, and laughed with Wish nervously.

"I want to do some field research on the plants around this field, and since I don't have many friends around this area, I figured you'd love to help me and keep me company, right?" Pebbles bumped noses with Wish. He smiled and picked up his own saddlebags. "Come on, lets get started."

Silver Wish stuck her nose in Pebbles' saddlebags, and pulled out the clipboard and a quill and ink pot. She used her magic to levitate them, and followed him around as he sniffed and prodded different plants and types of grass. The sun was shining brightly down on them, and she was getting a headache.

"Eh, Pebbles, can we wrap this up soon? I'm hungry." Wish was lying. She hated the sunlight. She was more at home in her tower, or in the museum where it was dark, mostly.