HELP!!! Someone, please!

Teron

Hi Canterlot

I'm posting this using iPad, because, I've got a big problem here with my PC (Windows 7). I realize that I probably did something very-very stupid, but if you can, help me, please!

So yesterday I just found out that one of my USB ports wasn't working. I went to Microsoft.com and followed the steps they gave to fix the problem. After the fails with the first two steps, I tried the last one. They told me that I should uninstall all the USB drivers, and then reboot the computer, and then Windows will reinstall the drivers back.

Unfortunately, i forgot that my keyboard & mouse are connected via USB. So, after I uninstalled the first two drivers, those devices stopped working, and I couldn't reboot my PC. Then I pressed the big button on the system block, but it only send my PC into the SLEEPING mode, instead of turning it off. The smaller button nearby does NOTHING at all.

I tried my other mouse — NO result.

Tried all the USB ports — NO result either.

What do I do? If anyone knows the solution, please, tell me.

Peace.

My first thought is checking if your mice and keyboard came with those USB adapters. Sometimes they do. One of these:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=keyboard+usb+adapter&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9703662533206898714&sa=X&ei=npFzT6XtJ8X20gGW18j_Ag&ved=0CIcBEPMCMAQ

My second thought is to call Windows support again, since they're the idiots that caused this problem. I will continue to do research on your behalf.

Hey Kirby Krackle, just to let you know, I owe you A LOT.

:D :D :D :D

I completely forgot about those good old green & purple slots. And when I was looking for the adapters you're talking about, I instead found my old keyboard with that same round input. Plugged-in, got it working, got through the user screen, and — tadaah! Windows reinstalled all the drivers.

Sure, the problem with one of the USB ports still remains, but I think I'll just buy a multiplier :)

Thanks 9001 times.