Thunderbuck

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Thunderbuck

Species: Pegasus

Pelt Color: Gunmetal Gray

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Black in color. As for style...mohawk-y? (Is that a word? It is now)

Eye Color: Amber / Gold

Cutie Mark: Three black storm clouds arranged loosely in an inverted triangle, with a yellow lightning bolt coming out of each one.

Physique: One of the larger pegasi, and for reference's sake he has a slightly smaller build and is less bulky than Big Macintosh.

Residence: Ponyville, hometown was Cloudsdale

Occupation: Delivery brony, but would really love to work with the weather team (NOT in the weather factory though, he hated that job).

Motivation: He loves storm flying, in fact, he excels at flying in bad weather. As a result, he frequently volunteers to help locate any ponies that might get lost during a thunderstorm or any other type of bad weather (he helps regardless of what the weather is at the time. It was this willingness and ability to navigate stormy skies that earned him his cutie mark, when he took off in a bad thunderstorm to search for and retrieve a couple of foals who'd wandered off out into the storm and gotten lost).

Likes: Thunderstorms, cloudy skies, spending time with Earth Ponies, most of the mundane tasks in Ponyville, night flying, storm flying (the whole "you may get struck by lightning" thing is largely ignored).

Dislikes: Sunny days with clear skies, spending much time in Cloudsdale (he did leave for a reason), extra long deliveries (from Ponyville to another town, for example), formal attire, formal events.

Character Summary: It's not that Thunderbuck jumps at the chance to take risks, he just happens to like certain risky activities. Ever since he was a little foal he'd love to fly around playing in the rain, and resented being called inside anytime it got too windy or lightning started striking in the area. Naturally, these days he doesn't have to worry about his parents calling him back inside anytime it storms (though he knows they still worry about his safety), so just about anypony who knows him knows he'll be outside at the first sign of a storm. He's a very determined and very stubborn individual, and believes everypony should be free to boast about their talents to some extent. There is, however, a line that can be crossed, and Thunderbuck tries his best to avoid crossing it (he feels there's a difference between being proud of your talents, and being a complete braggart). He enjoys life in Ponyville more than he did his life in Cloudsdale, with one of his favorite hobbies (other than flying) being watching the clouds. While this certainly seems unusual for a pegasus, he's quick to point out that seeing the clouds from the ground is much different from watching them from above and up close. He doesn't like formal events, and seems to immerse himself in work or hiding indoors every year when the Grand Galloping Gala is approaching (he'd really, really, really, REALLY like to avoid any possible chance of being dragged there).

Other: I hope to have a picture soon! My artsy friend has agreed to work on one for me :3

Looks pretty good thus far! Though, is there a reason why he has to be in Ponyville? Perhaps he could enjoy the seaside town of Hoofington, being part of bringing in 'ol Squalls and Nor'easters! Helping the ponies of Hooftington with their fishing and kelp gathering by stirring up the depths! Perhaps as a stockier pegasus, he might be good at delivering large things, or part of a moving van company?

Hmm, town doesn't NEED changing. We only mention it cause of the high traffic Ponyville gets. Just don't want anyone getting lost there with all the posts! So we try to make sure people are spread out. Everyone normally makes a pony for each area. xD [That's mostly what I do LOL]

I have nothing to add to this. Looks good, I think it would be interesting if another storm-loving pony met my Thrash! c:

Approved.