A bronies dream

AKwriter92

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beige mare seemed to be in such a rush at that time that she didn't even care if she would run over somepony. Her baby son, Boombox, didn't stop crying and he seemed to be hotter than a dragon's breath. She was almost there, even if her baby didn't stop crying at all. She knocked on the doctor's door with one hoof. "Doctor Golden Heart! Doctor Golden Heart!"

Newsworthy had been patiently waiting in the doctor's office during the long appointment. He was hopeful that the doctor would be able to give a good report, but he still was very concerned. To take his mind off the situation, he had been reading the latest Daring Do novel, "Daring Do and the Scepter's Secret." Just as it looked like the hero was never going to be able to escape the haunted castle, he distantly heard the doctor and Silver Wish exiting the examination room. Forcing himself to stop reading, he jumped up to meet the two.

"Doctor, how is he? Oh, I hope everything is alright."

Just then, his attention was diverted by the loud rap on the door and the loud bellowing of Doctor Heart's name.

((Since the other one was posted in a rush, here comes a better one x3))

When the beige mare with a soft pink veil over her muzzle knocked on the door, the one month old foal stopped crying. But that calmness lasted for short, since his probable fever was hitting him again and that feeling was truely a nightmare for him. He seemed to scream and cry at the top of his small lungs, a thing his mother didn't quite find that possible. She seemed to be as desperate as her feverish son, and that mare was surelyweak when it came to a nervous situation.

"Silver Note is the picture of health. Oh and Newsworthy your welcome to join me and Silver Note for dinner at my house tonight with the family." Golden spoke to Newsworthy to put off his concerns about their new friend. The doctor then turned his attention to a mare with a crying foal. "I'll get back to you two later... Please come through with your child." Golden Heart spoke in a gentle re-assuring tone as he lead the mare into his office.

The gentle mare with a crystaline and pure voice did as she was told, and came in with her little bundle rying under her wing. She pulled Boombox gently out of his baby carrier with her teeth and layed him down carefully over the table. He was shaking as if he was cold, but the mare had felt him hot as everything. "My name is Wind Mist, and this is my son Boombox. He cried all night long and he started crying not long ago. I can feel him burning in fever but I don't know what ...", the mare stumbled on her own words, taking a hoof to her forehead.

"Foals of his age don't have strong immune systems... It is common for them to become ill, so please don't worry your self too much. Please take a seat while I check him over." Golden replied calmly. He warmed up the metal edge of his stethoscope before placing it against the foal's chest. He listened carefully to the beat of Boombox's tiny heart and the sound of his lungs as they took in and released oxygen. "Hmm... His heart if perfectly fine. However I can hear a rattling noise when he takes in a breath." Golden Heart commented so that Wind Mist could understand what he had heard. He flashed a light in the the foal's eyes. "Good... That's the normal reaction for the pupils." He added before putting a thermometer in Boombox's mouth. "I'll just take his temperature now." Golden spoke again.

Even if feeling reluctant about it, Wind Mist headed to the closest chair and had a seat. However, she wasn't that quieted by the doctor's words, even after knowing that her son was now in good hands. She watched Golden Heart's actions carefully as he examined her son, that had stopped crying but was now looking at her with the big thermometer hanging from his lower lip. It was clearly shaking, just like the rest of his body, as he tried to hold his tears and look at his mother as if in need for help. Wind Mist casted him a wide smile, so that it could warm his tiny heart. "He'll be okay, right Doc?"

"Well, I've got to find out what's wrong with him first." Golden replied in a soothing tone. He took the thermometer out of the infant's mouth. "That's one hight emperature." He mumbled as he grabbed the tongue depresser out of a droor. Her carefully got the the foal to open his mouth. Then Golden Heart used the tongue depresser to flatten down the foal's tongue while he flashed a light down the back of his mouth, aiming the light source towards the throat. "Hmm..." He said as he moved the medical insturments away. "I have made my diagnosis!"

When thw mare heard that his temperature was high, she felt even moreu uncomfortable in her spot, even though that was something she already knew. She then stood next to the chair she had been seatting on, not coming any closer to the working doctor. "So? What did you find out?", she asked in a somewhat calmer tone. Now that she would know how to heal her little one, she had her heart at ease, and she just needed to hear what she should do to make him go back to normal. A little smile was starting to grow on her face, but she wanted to hear what the doctor had to say first. Boombox took a hoof to his mouth and suckled on it, looking with his illness eyes to the empty space.

Newsworthy turned back to Silver Note. "So, dinner at the doctors'! That sounds great. I hear that he and his wife are really good cooks. What do you think we should do till then? Perhaps a tour of Ponyville?"

"Sure. That wou;d be great" he said with a smile, feeling a lot better

Across the street was a building that looked like a gigantic cake, complete with enormous drizzles of icing. Newsworthy hoped that Pinkie Pie would be waiting for them inside, as she would want to be one of the first to welcome this newcomer to Ponyville. As they stepped through the door, the smell of a hundred different fresh baked goods met their nostrils.

"So, what are you hungry for? My treat. I always go for the chocolate chip muffin, myself, but the eclairs are to die for."

urimas_sugar-cube-corner.png

A whole smile filled Wind Mist's face right away, and a sigh was clearly heard leaving her chest. She headed to the table and picked her baby up again, placing him on carrier and taking the medicine to keep it in her own saddlebag. "Thank you so much Doctor Golden Heart! I don't know how to thank you.", she said, covering her baby with a wing so that he wouldn't get cold.

Across the street was a building that looked like a gigantic cake, complete with enormous drizzles of icing. Newsworthy hoped that Pinkie Pie would be waiting for them inside, as she would want to be one of the first to welcome this newcomer to Ponyville. As they stepped through the door, the smell of a hundred different fresh baked goods met their nostrils.

"So, what are you hungry for? My treat. I always go for the chocolate chip muffin, myself, but the eclairs are to die for."

urimas_sugar-cube-corner.png

"I'll take the muffin as well....not sure I wanna die yet" he joked, laughing a bit as the smell if sugar and other sweets hit his nose

A bright pink mare with a tousled mane appeared from behind the counter. "Hi, Newsworthy!" Looking behind him with a gasp, she saw the newcomer. "Who's that? Is he your friend? I've never seen him before!"

N.W. smiled. "This is Silver Note. He just arrived ..."

His sentence was abruptly cut off as she leapt over the counter and began shaking Silver's hoof vigorously. "I'm Pinkie Pie! Are you hungry? You need one of my extra special cupcakes! There's so much to do, I need to plan your 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party, do you like parties? I love parties!"

Newsworthy facehoofed. Pinkie Pie was incorrigible.

Wind Mist thanked the doctor once again and left hid office, heading to the outside. She knew she had to cheer Boombox up, at least until he had to take his medicine. However, she had noticed she had ran into a pair of ponies when she entered the office, and she hadn't even apologized for such an abrupt entrance. After all, she wasn't made for the show business ... She looked down at the sleepy foal sleeping on his carrier. "Well, what do you think we go look for them in Sugarcube Corner, sweety?", she said with a smile, caressing him with one of her feathers. She headed to the store and pushed the door, feeling the soft scent in her nose right away. She looked around, still not looking at the ponies that were already there.