A bronies dream

AKwriter92

A bright pink mare with a tousled mane appeared from behind the counter. "Hi, Newsworthy!" Looking behind him with a gasp, she saw the newcomer. "Who's that? Is he your friend? I've never seen him before!"

N.W. smiled. "This is Silver Note. He just arrived ..."

His sentence was abruptly cut off as she leapt over the counter and began shaking Silver's hoof vigorously. "I'm Pinkie Pie! Are you hungry? You need one of my extra special cupcakes! There's so much to do, I need to plan your 'Welcome to Ponyville' Party, do you like parties? I love parties!"

Newsworthy facehoofed. Pinkie Pie was incorrigible.

Silver Note's head spun once the pony named Pinky Pie had started shaking his hoof. She seemed to be moving a mile a minute, faster than his brain could keep up. "Um...yeah, I like parties...I guess"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pinkie Pie grinned. "Great! Where are you staying? We can have the party there, tonight! I'll invite everypony, and I'll make a cake, and punch, and presents, and Gummy will bring his party hat ..."

Realizing the problem with this idea, Newsworthy tried to interrupt. "Pinkie ..."

"and we can have a dance and a sleepover and a scavenger hunt ..."

"PINKAMENA DIANE PIE!"

She stopped mid-sentence. "What is it, Newsworthy? I'm right here, you don't have to shout."

"Pinkie, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but Doctor Heart already invited us over for dinner this evening. The party will have to wait until tomorrow."

"But I like bubbles ... why did you pop my bubble?" She looked incredulous.

He sighed. "Pinkie, it's just a figure of speech ... it means that I'm sorry we can't have the party tonight."

Pinkie Pie gasped in horror. "No party tonight? But ... but ..." Her mane deflated a little.

Worried, Newsworthy held up a hoof. "Wait. I suppose we could have the party after dinner. I just don't want to put too much stress on Silver Note, here. He's a bit frazzled after his ... um ... long trip."

He turned to Silver Note. "Well, what do you think? Should we have the party tonight, or postpone it till later?" He looked sheepish. "Or maybe you don't even want a party. Sorry, I should have asked. It's your choice, Silver."

Pinkie PIe looked completely disheartened. "OK. We can just have the party tomorrow, then." Her mane was now almost completely flat.

Newsworthy tried to think of something to cheer her up. "Hey, Pinkie PIe. We came here to get some of your chocolate chip muffins. Might you be able to accommodate?"

She perked up immediately. "Yes! I just made some." Scampering back behind the counter, she plucked four steaming muffins from a tray. "Here you go."

Newsworthy passed her the bits to pay for the treats, and began to chow down. Around a bite, he said, "Even better than yesterday. You really do outdo yourself, Pinkie."

Wind Mist had heard the whole conversation from the background, and couldn't help but to let out a soft giggle. Her baby stared at her, mimicking her moves. And Wind Mist knew that Boombox's laughter was the most beautiful thing she had heard in her whole entire life. She took a few steps further, approaching the balcony to talk to the two ponies that were standing in there, talking to the shopkeeper Pinkie Pie. With the sight of the treats already in Newsworthy's hoof, Boombox's eyes glew in glee. "Excuse me, gentleponies...", Wind Mist started, "Were you the ones I almost ran over when I entered Doctor Golden Heart's office?"

Wind Mist took a hoof to her chest to present herself. "My name is Wind Mist.", she said, returnign her hoof to the ground, "I wanted to apologise for that rush of mine, when I am nervous I seem to be blind at everything else ..."

"Well yes, the doctor said he had a red hoof fever. But he will be fine in no time !", she said, taking a few steps forward and taking a bit out of her saddlebag, "A strawberry cupcake please, Pinkie Pie.", she asked, looking at Pinkie Pie with a wide smile.

After his work was complete, Golden trotted out of the clinic. The grey stallion stretched out his wings and took to the sky. He felt the cool breeze ruffle his mane and feathers on his wings. He smiled brightly as he looked down on all of the houses and shops in Ponyville. When the stallion spotted his home he came to a gentle landing. Golden Heart opened the door to see that his daughter had already arrived. Pixie Parcel was their daughter who lived in Cloudsdale. It was a rare treat for her to come to her parents house for a visit. She raced towards her father and burried her face in his wing. She had missed him.

"Strawberry? I've got lots of those! They're my favorite! Well, except for cherry, blueberry, and rainbow sprinkle cheese!" She looked at Boombox with a little concern. "Is he going to be OK?" She pulled a peppermint stick out of a large glass jar and handed it to the little one. "Here, this will make you feel all better."

The little foal looked up, the treat definitely calling for his attention. He strethed his little arm and reached for it, returning to his cuddling moment in his carrier and suckling on the peppermint stick. "Thank you, Pinkie.", Wind Mist said, "Yes, he is. With a few spoons of medicine and good naps, he will soon be up in his hooves again."

"I'm so glad! I never like being sick. You should have seen how I felt after Applejack helped me make cupcakes that one time! I was so sick, I even had to go to the hospital! But it was OK, because after I got to feeling better, the nurse gave me ice cream." Pinkie had to gasp for breath. "Do you like narwhals? Twilight was just telling me about how they look like unicorns, but they swim in the ocean. Isn't that silly? A unicorn in the sea!"

Newsworthy nodded in agreement. The muffins were especially good.

Turning towards the mare, Newsworthy remarked, "Sorry that I neglected to return your kind introduction. I'm Newsworthy, journalist and author." He looked down at her foal, and his eyes softened. "You have a strapping little colt, there. I look forward with joy to the day when I will have a son of my own." He sighed, and looked at nothing in particular. "But I suppose that I have to find my special somepony, first."

((Sorry about the delay everypony))

Wind Mist had been staring at Pinkie Pie the whole entire time she had been talking, her brows raising and a few giggles leaving her mouth. "Oh that sure is silly, Pinkie. Unicorns in the sea is quite a sight.", she said, letting out a laugh. When Pinkie handed her her muffin, she picked it up and gave small and delicate bites. She then turned to Newsworthy and sighed, still with a smile on her face. "I'm sure you will. But don't make the same mistake I did, you really have to make sure that it is your special somepony.", she said, with thoughts and memories running even through her eyes. Boombox kept suckling on the peppermint stick, his eyes showing a huge joy.