A bronies dream

AKwriter92

Oh ... my. This poor mare. "You are most certainly right," Newsworthy said, tenderly. "The choice is very important. We only have one life, and we must strive to make it the best it can be."

He tried to hide from it. He tried so hard. But her words, 'make sure that it is your special somepony' made him think of his former fiancee. The pain, dulled and suppressed, was still great.

The only thing that betrayed his true feelings were his eyes, moist and despairing. The rest was steeled against these memories.

Pinkie Pie interrupted his train of thought. "Oh no! Twitchy tail! Look out!" The pink mare slammed into him, knocking him off his chair.

"What the hay, Pinkie?"

"Twitchy tail! Something was going to fall on you!"

"Yeah, you, apparently."

Just then, a large cake toppled from a high shelf and landed directly where the news pony had been seated. He looked at Pinkie with astonishment.

"What ... how did you ... eh?"

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wind Mist was still amazed at how Pinkie Pie had managed to know that there was something about to fall right over her new friend's head. However, she had a short time to think about that, because young Boombox opened his mouth and let out a long cry of fear from what had just happened. He held his peppermint stick tightly in one of his hooves, yet his tears didn't stop rolling down his tiny little cheeks. Wind Mist turned her head around to face him right away, and calmed him down by rubbing her head against his own. "There there, it's over now, sweetie. Mommy's here."

Bowie (Character Profile) walked into the Sugarcube Corner, his red cape flowing in the breeze and the jewels embedded in the hilt of his Force Sword glittering in the sun. He waved a hoof to everypony inside and said, "Hello everypony.". He looked around and saw a cake had fallen to the floor next to 2 ponies and asked, "What happened?". He was still fairly new to Ponyville since landing in this world by accident and being transformed after a teleportation accident but he was a successful adventurer and bodyguard, well paid for his services to the Princesses. "Pinkie, I'd like to order a few Brave Apple Pie Cakes and a some Cheerful Bread. Thank you for considering my order", he said to the mare in charge of the bakery. He realized he had forgotten his proper manners and gave a proper bow and then said, "My name is Bowie, master swordsman and hero from a distant land. I am stranded here but I am making the best of it."

Bowie chuckled as Pinkie Pie bounced over to him, bringing a little of the mirthful, mischievous young colt he had been before the terrible War of Sealing and his transformation into a champion of light and justice for the helpless. He smiled and said, "You could say I am new here. I have only been in the area for a few days since that teleportation accident in my homeland that dropped me here.".

"That sounds like what happened to Rainbow Dash that one time. She disappeared for a couple weeks and came back with some weird stories. Oooh! I'll make your party at the same time as that other new guy! We'll have twice as much fun! And we'll have balloons, and games, and music, and cupcakes!"

Bowie nodded and adjusted the headband to take care of a stray portion of his mane that had gone over one eye. "I am fine with that... Although, I do miss my friends and comrades in arms against the great evil in my homeland that we were victorious against.", he said as he touched the silver chain and red and blue crystal gems fused to his neck, "The dark blue jewel is what the great evil wanted as it contains most of his dark power sealed within.". Telling Pinkie about the jewel made him remember Sir Lemon, a brave and honorable soul cursed to vampirism and service to Zeon, and his sacrifice to drag Zeon back into the Devil World. He shed a tear in memory of him and his smile faded and became a look of longing for his friends that he couldn't see or speak to because he was stuck here.

After a moment of silent reflection, he remembered that there were some special ingredients he needed to give to Pinkie for his order, "Hey! I have some ingredients for you! They need to be used in my order to make it properly. You'll need a Brave Apple, some Protect Milk, and a little dash of Power Water. Luckily, they survived the tumultuous trip and....", he said excitedly. Rummaging around inside his saddlebag he produced: the perfectly rounded, red apple that had an illuminating shine to it and was double the normal size of your standard apple, the jar of milk, and the jar of water that seemed to have come out of a blue hole in the ocean and placed them on the counter. "Here they are! I hope you can bake what I requested... FOR THE PARTY!!!", he said, bouncing in excitement, as he didn't know what would happen if these items were used in baking but knew what they did when consumed on their own. They had special properties that improved the general health and fitness of a pony.

Pinkie Pie impulsively hugged the pony. "These will be the best cupcakes for the best party ever!" Grabbing the ingredients from his hooves, she rushed back toward the kitchen. On the way, she swallowed the ruined cake in one large gulp. She began baking thunderously, singing her song about cupcakes at the top of her lungs.

----

Newsworthy was still confused by the encounter. He had heard the rumors about Pinkie Pie sense, but had never seen it for himself. How uncanny. And how odd that an earth pony would have such an ability.

He sat down again next to Silver Note with a sigh. "Well, that was strange. It's not every day that you're knocked to the ground by a flying mare. So, are you ready to go to the doctor's place? Those dinky little muffins just whet my appetite."

Pixie Parcel smiled brightly. "It has been a long time father... Too long..." She spoke as she looked into his eyes. "Too many days off means that ponies will rely on me less. Who would be there for them?" Golden replied. Pixie Parcel nodded in understanding. She had accepted that her father's job was very demanding. Even more demanding than that of a postal worker such as her self.

Wind Mist turned to the pair of ponies that were about to leave, and she blushed heavily. "Excuse me, but would you mind if I went along with you? I have a gift for Doctor Golden Heart for what he did to me, and I have to thank him.", she said.

Bowie also turned to them and asked respectfully, "May I join you? I dont have anyone to stay with... Everyone I have ever known is now out of reach for me...". He bowed his head and he couldn't hold the tears back as the loneliness overtook him. He wept as he remembered his friends faces and the fact that it seemed like there was no way home for him.

Newsworthy nodded. "I'm certain that the doctor would welcome your visit." Looking at Bowie with concern, "I'm sorry that you have had such a hard time. Come with us, and perhaps our company can dispel the thundercloud hovering over you."

He led the group out the door and down the main street, turning at a signpost that said, 'Residential Acres.'

"There it is, that big, blue house there." Newsworthy pointed with a hoof.

Bowie looked up as he followed behind them, and saw the large blue house and managed a small smile. "It's a nice place. Thank you for letting me join you and follow along. When I said out of reach, I meant I can't see them or write to them...because where I teleported from isn't anywhere on your maps...I've tried everything to find a way home and nothing has worked...Twilight even tried everything in her library and all that happened was I went into a dark space between for a few moments before snapping back into this world.", he said in a somber tone.

Bowie bowed respectfully to the Doctor and laid his sword and scabbard at his hooves. "Thank you Doctor for allowing me into your home, a stranger lost in a hospitable foreign land with no real way back home.", he said in a low voice of respect and humility. Standing up straight, Bowie offered his hoof and said with a smile covering up his inner anguish, "My name is Bowie, master swordspony and champion for the goodhearted and helpless. I am heralded as a hero in my homeland along with my 29 friends who fought alongside me in a terrible war against an army of evil lead by a colossal black...", Bowie said as he tried to think of a word that they would understand that would describe Zeon. "....nevermind, I can't explain the rest of it without sounding completely crazy...", he finished as his expression changed again as he thought of Zeon's terrifying visage and shuddered, that was one of the very few times Bowie thought he wasn't going to survive the battle.