[Trottingham] Adventure!: New Towns, New Friends! [PM for Invite!]

AlisonRose

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic felt both relieved and sad as Fiddlesticks tackled her to the ground. Relieved that the 'music' spell she had accidentally cast on herself but at the same time, sad that Mojo's hoofmade violin got destroyed in the process. She knew her new friend meant well, so she wasn't angry with her at all.

"Thanks Fiddlesticks," the petite yellow furred unicorn said before turning to Mojo. "I am SO sorry about all this."

"It's all cool, ladies," Mojo said with a smile, "I can always make another one. Fiddlesticks, ya did the right thing for Misty. Don't fret at all 'bout it."

"You're being so sweet, Mojo," Misty said as tears began to form in her eyes, her horn beginning to glow unexpectedly once one. "I only wish that your lovely violin had never been broken..."

The second she spoke the words, the pieces of the violin flew upward and magically reassembled. The Paint stallion's eye sprang open as the restored fiddle floated gently into his waiting hooves.

"Far out, whoa!" the hippie brony shouted, still staring at the instrument.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fiddlestickspostbanner3.png

Fiddlesticks giggled a bit as she started to brush the dust and dirt off of Misty.

"That was a nice spell that you did right there. But it doesn't change the fact that I still need to pay for it." She opened her bit purse in front of Mojo showing all of her bits to him. Through her mouth she spoke but it was sort of muffled.

"Take as much as you like for this masterpiece..." She paused for a moment, closed the bit purse and placed it down on the table next to Mojo. "Actually, take it all, its the least I could do for you. That is only a fraction of the funds that I have and I am sure that this is one of the least things that I could do to help you." It was in no means a fortune but it was for sure enough to get him some top quality materials and tools if he needed to get new ones or replace some that he had.

"It seems like you are getting a strange hang on your magic." Fiddlesticks giggled a bit and then nuzzled Misty in a friendly way then grinned to her. "Its good to see that even just being around me is good for something right?" She then let out a loud laugh and waved a hoof about as she chuckled. "No, no, I'm sorry, that was wrong. You are doing so good since you are surrounded by amazing ponies, not just myself. You are the most amazing of all." She said as she pointed to Misty with her hoof a stupidly huge grin still on her face.

MistyMagic.png

"What magic trick?" Misty asked before she looked up and saw that the violin was whole. "Did, did I do THAT?"

"Sure did Misty," Mojo said with a big smile. "That was some groovy magic ya did there, love! Betch yur mum and pop couldn't have done it better!"

"Thanks Mojo!"

"And Fiddlesticks, we can always talk business later, how about we play a little music together?" the Paint stallion said as he produced his guitar. "I wanna see if I can still keep up with a classical musician such as yurself, babe."

Fiddlesticks giggled as she took up her famous white violin and started to play a slow melody only to stop half way into it and switch it up, it was now a faster paced almost duet sounding rythem. She stopped the music again only to pick up even faster, this happened about twice more until her speed was at an almost break neck pace that didn't show signs of slowing down but the music that came from her violin could have soothed an army of rampaging beasts. She started to move around and spin in circles as she played the song, her mouth opening every now and then as if she was talking or singing but with eyes closed she didn't even stop to think that she might crash into Mojo or his wares. After she finished with the short song she stopped almost right where she had started moving from and looked on to Mojo and Misty.

"Well, what did you have in mind to play now that I am warmed up?" She looked on with eager eyes as it wasn't often that she got to play her violin with others who were not in the orchestra and she was more then glad to have met at least a few other ponies who had some sort of musical trait or prowess.

MistyMagic.png

"How about something from Ludwig van Beehooven's Fifth Symphony?" Misty asked with delight.

"Good ol' Beehooven huh?" Mojo asked as he played a quick warmup tune on his guitar. "That's groovy with me, doll. Loved his music, real smooth and flowing. Whatdoya say, Miss Fiddlesticks? Shall we have a go at it?"

The hippie brony steadied his guitar, ready to begin. This time, Misty kept her mouth shut, not wanting to say anything that might cause her magic to 'react' to her words as before. The petite yellow unicorn mare truly loved classical music and was delighted at the prospect of a live performance.

• 3 months later...

She nodded her head a few times as she looked about thinking of what sort of music she should play, they had both offered her great ideas and suggestions but as it stood she couldn't really think of any of those that she could just play right off the top of her head. Then it hit her, literally, a book of Beehoven's music was just laying there among Mojo's items, had he not noticed it? Had he not wanted to sell it? but it was just there, and Fiddlesticks had just hit her head on it as she tried to move into the shade of his overhang and get her fiddle ready to play.

"Oh what have we here good Mojo? This seems to be a whole BOOK of Beehoven music! This is very rare and valuable indeed, may I ask how you obtained it?"

She was really curious about how his lovely violin he made was doing but was still intrigued by the book of music, she even waved Misty over to look at it with her.

"It is still in excellent condition, all forty seven songs are in the book, in tact, no tears, all the parts are here..." She trailed off as she began to mummble to herself, it wasn't often that she found something THIS cool, and with such great company.

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic was delighted to see that her new friend had found a valuable book among Mojo's merchandise.

"WOW! A real book of Beehooven's music? That's amazing!" the petite unicorn mare neighed.

"Oh, I nearly forgot I had that," Mojo said. "Got that one day when I was in Manehattan. An elderly classical musician asked me to help clean out his garage and told me I could do whatever I wanted with the contents. I put all the junk in the rubbish bin and kept all the items I thought I could sell. That book was among the things I rescued. Tell ya what, you bein' a chum of me old pal Misty here, if ya like it, it's yours! I'll give it to ya! Got it for free, I'll give it to you for free."

With a swift shake of her head Fiddlesticks let out a very loud and assertive, "NO!" she then softened her voice a bit and looked curiously at the two of them.

"I am sorry but there is NO WAY that you are going to give me that book for free. I wouldn't mind you letting me barrow it until you can sell it, but I will not be hindering your profits." She shook her head no again and then sighed she knew that she was being rude but she felt very strongly about this. She quickly flipped it open and began to scan the pages trying to find the music that she had heard in her head a few nights ago while listening to her sister practice for the Royal Canterlot Orchestra.

"Here it is!" She grinned largely as she pointed to the page, it was of Beehoven's ninth symphony that only twenty six copies were ever made of and out of those thirteen had been burned.

"My sister is preforming this one at the Royal Canterlot Orchestra, eventually I would like to be as good as she is." Fiddlesticks let out a soft sigh as the wind blew and only accentuated her sad looks. Surely the other two knew at least a little bit about the ninth symphony or even how to play it, this one would be a lot of fun to play with them or even for them should they not be able to.

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic was a little surprised at Fiddlestick's reaction to Mojo's offer, but she understood what she was saying. Her new friend was a mare of integrity, and that's a rare quality to find at times, even in Equestria.

"WOW! Your sister places in the Royal Canterlot Orchestra? That's awesome!" the petite unicorn mare neighed.

"That's cool if ya wanna borrow that book, love," Mojo said as he readied his guitar. "I never considered meself a professional musician, so I hope I can keep up with ya. We can even play a song outta that book if ya like. Shall we give it a go?"

• 3 months later...

Fiddlesticks' mouth hung ajar as she looked at Mojo, then to the book, then back to Mojo.

[colour=#006400]"There is no way I am just going to borrow this book Mojo, in such a state as it is at least let me do something for you in return?"[/colour] She wasn't sure what but she wasn't going to just take the book and most likely never see Mojo again aside from a few small parties she preformed at. She started to arch her bow across the strings of her violin and a more country feel hit the song. She turned it from a symphony into a Jig. Mindlessly she played away at the sharp and face pace as she tapped her hoof trying to keep herself from going even faster then she was. The melody seemed to flow from the fiddle with ease as she closed her eyes and flipped her mane out of her face. Her hat seeming to not want to fall from her head as she bobbed up and down and weaved. She wasn't so much playing the song anymore but was playing one of her own creation.

At the end she took a bow and began to blush slightly.

[colour=#008000]"Well, I hope that was worth the wait."[/colour] She winked at the two and grinned from ear to ear.

MistyMagic.png

Misty Magic listened with delight as Fiddlestick began to play. She also noticed that Mojo had his guitar at the ready and quickly began to 'follow' her new friend note for note, even when she swinged music styles.

[colour=#800080]"Fiddlesticks! Mojo! This is amazing music!" [/colour]the happy unicorn mare neighed, rearing up in delight to the marvelous tune. As she closed her eyes to listen more intensely, her horn began to glow. Misty was completely unaware that as she tapped her hoof to the music, her magic produced a small rainbow of colours above her, a rainbow that seemed to 'vibrate' with the beat.

[colour=#8B4513]"Whoa! This is far out!" [/colour]Mojo neighed as the music playing Paint stallion noticed Misty's magical image. [colour=#8B4513]"Hey Fiddlesticks, check it out! It's marvy!"[/colour]

When the music stopped, the magical rainbow vanished as Misty opened her eyes.

[colour=#800080]"What was that, Mojo? What are you talking about?"[/colour]

Admittedly Fiddlesticks was getting surprised by the abilities of this Mojo pony, but the magic of this Mystic Magic was getting her in awe with not how frantic it worked but with such grace and ease it made what seemed to be totally random effects but in all reality they could even be tied to her emotions or her environment. Either way Fiddles wasn't going to take a chance with getting in the way if she perhaps got angry and summoned an Ursa Major.

[colour=#008000]"Well, that was stunnin' and amazing both."[/colour] Her voice hitting with a more Apple Family accent now as she spoke and looked about Misty and Mojo. She looked up to the sky next it wasn't her idea really but the rainbow seemed to bring the rain either that or it had planned to come before they even gathered. Fiddlesticks let out a sigh as she turned and swished her tail at the other two.

[colour=#008000]"We best hurry to the hotel, don't want to get caught out here in this rain. Looks like a big'n."[/colour] She nodded her head and winked to Misty as if inviting her to go and stay in the hotel with her.

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich didn’t come to Trottingham often, but when he does so, he always made at least one taste-tasting romp through the local vineyards. This day, Mr. Rich was off on a personal trip to visit one of his old college buddies, who had just established a discount store inspired by the success of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains in Ponyville. After touring the store, Rich wished his friend success in the retail market and went on his way back to town.

The brown-coated stallion had hoped to buy a souvenir or two for his daughter before returning to the hotel to wait out the coming rainstorm, but he found the central market mostly deserted by the time he made it. There didn’t appear to be hardly anypony around at all but two mares and a stallion playing music with each other. Mr. Rich stopped for a couple minutes to observe them, he had to admit that the rainbow effect that one unicorn was casting from her horn was really impressive.

However, the visitor had no wish to bother the lingering ponies in the deserted marketplace. Once he saw the three appearing to pack up, Filthy Rich adjusted his red tie (marked with a characteristic bit-sign) and started making his own way over to his hotel. He did not check behind him to see where the other ponies were heading off to.....

MistyMagic.png

Hearing her new friend speak of rain and mention the hotel made Misty realize something she had forgotten earlier in the day.

[colour=#800080]"Oh, that's right!" [/colour]the petite yellow unicorn neighed. [colour=#800080]"I forgot! My house was fumigated today for bugs so I can't sleep there until it airs out tomorrow!"[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"You gals are more than welcome ta stay here in me peddler's wagon," [/colour]Mojo offered, pointing upward at several rope hammacks on a far wall. [colour=#8B4513]"Got plenty of me own hoofmade hammacks! I always sleep in'm cause they're really groovy. [/colour] [colour=#8B4513]I've had plenty of guests over to crash at my pad with me like Wings, er, I mean Jubilee Flyer and Nurse Starflower."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Thanks for the offer, Mojo, but it's all the same to you, I'd like to check the hotel first," [/colour]Misty said politely.

[colour=#8B4513]"That's cool, love," [/colour]the hippie brony said with a grin, [colour=#8B4513]"offer still stands for either of ya. My wagon's water tight so none of that nasty rain'll get in. Fiddlesticks, it was a pleasure meetin' ya, hope to see ya again soon. I plan to stay here in town for another day or two before movin' on."[/colour]

With a giggle Fiddlesticks nodded her head as she started to trot towards the hotel. Ahead of her was a brownish pony who she could barely make out to be Filthy Rich, she had only met him once when she was in Ponyvile and she knew very little of him.

[colour=#008000]"I wonder what he is doing in Trottingham."[/colour] Her voice trailed off as she started to pick up pace, the rain starting to come down now in spits and spatters as she tugged slowly at Misty trying to get to move her rump towards the hotel. [colour=#008000]"Come on Misty lets get inside fast before the rain starts to hit us and ruin yer mane!"[/colour] She giggled softly to herself as she trotted with increasing speed towards the nice warm and dry hotel. Unannounced to her there was a misplaced stone in the road causing her to trip and tumble RIGHT INTO Filthy.

[colour=#008000]"Oof, sorry. I...I um..."[/colour] She had no idea what to do, she was too embraced to actually talk as she noticed how disheveled she must look ramming into a business pony in such a manor.

v3gfue.jpg

Minding his own business, the slowly-trotting Filthy Rich wasn’t aware of anypony else until a pale lime mare collided into him from behind. The businesspony wasn’t hurt fortunately, but the same thing wasn’t assured for the other untidy pony;[colour=#8b4513] “Pardon me miss; you're not hurt, are you? I didn’t mean to get in your way.”[/colour] Mr. Rich wasn’t sure if he was at fault for the collision or not, but it was still good manners to apologize anyway.

A second later, Filthy recognized the mare as one of the musicians he saw from afar earlier;[colour=#8b4513] “Well now, I saw that brilliant performance you and your friend there did a couple minutes ago. Permit me to introduce myself; I’m Mr. Rich, owner of Rich’s Barnyard Bargains in Ponyville. I take it you two live nearby?”[/colour] Filthy hoped they did, or else they'd get drenched in a minute or two.....

MistyMagic.png

Misty stopped seconds before the collision between Fiddlesticks and Filthy Rich.

[colour=#800080]"Oh my! Fiddlesticks! Sir! Are you alright?" [/colour]the yellow unicorn asked as her horn began to glow. [colour=#800080]"I wish there was a doctor here to check you both out."[/colour]

Immediately, a brilliant flash of light appeared near the group, and when it faded, looking back at them was:

[colour=#000000]

S02E16_UUS1.png[/colour]

[colour=#000000]Dr. Stable looked stunned at first at his sudden appearance until he glanced over at the petite purple haired unicorn mare.[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Let me guess, Miss Magic, you spoke the word 'Doctor' again, didn't you?" [/colour]the tan physician asked tersely.

[colour=#800080]"Oh! I'm so sorry, I'll send you back.."[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Wait a moment, Misty. It looks like there are some injured ponies here, I should attend to them first. Sir? Madam? Are you alright?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Oh my! It's raining so hard! I wish I had a big umbrella so we could all stay dry and... " [/colour]Misty stopped talking and covered her mouth with one hoof. Instantly, a huge yellow and purple umbrella appeared floating in midair, providing cover for the entire group. [colour=#800080]"Oops! Sorry about that!"[/colour]

[colour=#FF0000]"Don't apologize Misty. THIS time, your magic is actually helping."[/colour]

With a shy giggle and a ton of blush Fiddlesticks pried herself from the 'wreckage' and stood rubbing a hoof on her head.

[colour=#008000]"Ah, my big pardon Mr. Rich, I didn't mean to bump into you. Here I was just trotting along towards the hotel over there and then suddenly bam I lost traction and slid into you."[/colour] No great story would be complete without hoof gestures and it was to be sure that Fiddles knew how to use hers the most effective ways as she was now draping a hoof over Filthy Rich as she recreated the scene.

[colour=#008000]"Hopefully you yourself are not hurt in any way? And where may I ask that you are staying?"[/colour] Most of the time she wouldn't have stopped to talk but she did just plow into this poor(rich) stallion on accident and most likely ruined his suit that he was wearing.

[colour=#008000]"Is there anything I can do to say I am sorry? I normally am not so clumsy."[/colour] She tilted her head down in shame as she trotted over to the doctor pony not even sure how he got there and allowed him to look her over she was already soaked to the bone so why not wait a few more minutes before getting dry.

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich didn’t know how to react as the musician’s unicorn companion not only summoned a giant umbrella, but the town doctor of Ponyville. After a moment, Mr. Rich shook off his flabbergasted face and awkwardly faced Stable and Miss Fiddlesticks; [colour=#8b4513]“Uhhh... I’m actually quite fine myself. I must say though Dr. Stable; you seem you have an errr..... innovative way of making house calls now.”[/colour] By the sounds of it, the physician had indeed been making a few of these “house calls” lately.

Since a now-apologizing Fiddlesticks had asked where he was staying, Filthy was happy to oblige her with an answer; [colour=#8b4513]“I’m actually staying at the hotel too, coincidently enough. And there’s nothing at all that you have to forgive, Miss Fiddlesticks.”[/colour] Knowing that some ponies didn’t like to take “no” for an answer during these situations, Mr. Rich added; [colour=#8b4513]“If you really insist on making things up however, maybe you can entertain me with some of your fiddle-playing when we get to our hotel.”[/colour]

[colour=#8b4513]“So Doctor,”[/colour] Filthy asked the physician; [colour=#8b4513]“Does the lady require any medical attention?”[/colour]

MistyMagic.png

The petite unicorn mare looked on as Doctor Stable did a quick examination of Fiddlesticks.

[colour=#8B4513]"To pardon my pun, Miss Fiddlesticks, you're as fit as a fiddle," [/colour]the tan unicorn physician as he turned towards Filthy Rich. [colour=#8B4513]"The mare is fine, sir. And from the way you're moving about, I would say you are also unharmed by your mishap. Now, Miss Magic, if you would be so kind as to send me back to Ponyville Hospital, I do have my nightly rounds to make, rounds which YOU interrupted with your misfiring magic."[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yes, of course, I do apologize Doctor Stable and.."[/colour]

[colour=#8B4513]"And perhaps NEXT time you think of a doctor, try to make it somepony else, alright?"[/colour]

[colour=#800080]"Yes sir," [/colour]Misty sighed as her horn glowed and Doctor Stable vanished. The sad looking mare looked up at Fiddlesticks and Filthy Rich. [colour=#800080]"I'm so sorry about all this. Seems there's times my magic has a mind of its own."[/colour]

Fiddles giggled a bit at the pun that Doctor Stable just had to use.

[colour=#008000]"Well I guess that there could be worse things, we'd best get inside before we stay out here and catch a cold or worse and actually need the Doctor's help."[/colour] She curtsied towards Filthy,

[colour=#008000]"You are very welcomed to come into my room and I would love to play for you once we come to the hotel."[/colour] She then turned quickly to Misty and wrapped a hoof around her shoulder.

[colour=#008000]"I would be delighted if you would spend the night with me as well. I still know nothing of this town and would rather not get lost."[/colour] She winked at Misty and giggled again as she began to lead the way swishing her tail about as she thought about what sort of jig she would play for Filthy, or what sort of a jig Misty might actually enjoy rather then the same out southern influenced classic jig.

v3gfue.jpg

Relieved to hear from Dr. Stable that nopony had any injury to speak up, Filthy Rich provided him with a simple [colour=#8b4513]“Buh-bye now!”[/colour] farewell as the doctor was sent back to his hospital. As Fiddlesticks agreed to play some music for him, Mr. Rich simply nodded and politely added; [colour=#8b4513]“Well, I’ll just be delighted you hear you play then.”[/colour] Content with the knowledge that he wouldn’t be bored while waiting for the rain to stop, Filthy let Fiddles take the lead as the group of three headed on over to the hotel.

Despite the pouring rain, the journey to the hotel seemed a little bit too quiet for the stallion. Wondering about what Misty Magic meant about her magic having a mind of its own, Mr. Rich asked her; [colour=#8b4513]"Pardon me for intruding Miss Magic, but why exactly can't you control your magic sometimes?"[/colour]

MistyMagic.png

[colour=#800080]"I will gladly take you up on your offer, Fiddlesticks, thank you," [/colour]Misty Magic said as she followed the musical mare and Filthy Rich into the hotel. After she made the huge floating umbrella vanish, she then heard the wealthy Earth Pony's question. At first, she was hesitant to answer, but then smiled to give the curious stallion an explanation.

[colour=#800080]"Well sir, I have always had, problems, controlling my magic. There are times that I casually speak, and then my magic activates without my knowledge. Sometimes, such as with the umbrella a few moments ago, it can be a good thing. Other times, such as my accidental summoning of Dr. Stable, it can be not so pleasant."[/colour]

Misty bowed her head in sadness, thinking of all the magical mishaps she'd already done this day. She then looked up at Filthy Rich.

[colour=#800080]"This town is where I live, and many of the ponies here don't have a very high opinion of me, and I can't blame them. I try not to make any mistakes, but the harder I try, the worse things become," [/colour]the petite yellow unicorn sighed as her horn began to glow. [colour=#800080]"Sometimes I feel like such a dunce..."[/colour]

Instantly, Misty found herself seated on a high wooden stool in a corner of the hotel lobby with a pointy 'Dunce Cap" on her head, to the astonishment of the hotel desk clerk, who had a total look of shock on her Earth Pony face.

• 2 weeks later...

Fiddlesticks quickly fixed herself up and flipped her mane out of her face, albeit wet still good looking on her. She tipped her hat and with a quick kick knocked the dunce cap off of her friend Misty and clung to her tightly.

[colour=#008000]"You are far from a Dunce mah Misty, here, let us go into the hotel and get you two dried off."[/colour] She didn't know what else to say, out here they were just getting soaked so with a decisive move Fiddles grabbed a very tight hold on Misty and preformed an almost sprint towards the Hotel grabbing onto Filthy as well making sure to not mess his fine looking suit up.

[colour=#008000]"Pardon the hooves Mr. Filthy but we'aint got much time before 'Ah'm sure we are all soaked to the bone and get all sick-like."[/colour] She erupted in the door holding tightly onto them still as she finally let them down inside of the hotel and trotted slowly and casually up to the desk to get her room key.

v3gfue.jpg

Filthy Rich didn’t exactly know how to provide comfort to Misty Magic; it’s not everyday that he met somepony who had issues with rogue magic. The one thing he knew to do though was to not shun Misty, for he would never be a rude pony no matter the circumstances. Thus while he stayed mostly silent as the petite unicorn accidently “transformed” into a dunce, Mr. Rich made a point of picking up the remains of Misty’s dunce cap once Fiddlesticks knocked it off; after all, leaving behind litter was also rude. Unfortunately, that stool would have to be left behind.

When Fiddlesticks grabbed on to Filthy Rich and explained that they needed to make haste, the stallion concurred; [colour=#8b4513]“I believe you do have a good point, miss. My tie’s already soaked enough as it is...”[/colour] Indeed, his tie and his fancy collar didn’t last all that well against the ravages of nature. Mr. Rich remained unconcerned though about his wet clothing; he had a spare set back in his hotel room, and he had no lavish event to show up to anyway. So while he waited for the hotel receptionist to hoof over the room key, Filthy took the opportunity to throw Misty’s dunce cap into the nearest trash bin.

Once he finished with that, Filthy Rich finally came up to Miss Magic and said; [colour=#8b4513]“Whatever you do miss, don’t get discouraged. Someday, I bet you’ll actually find someway to use your so-called predicament to your advantage.”[/colour] Hopefully that would do the trick of making the young mare feel better.....