Taking A Stroll through Manehattan [Open]

Lisosaurus

Paw Print looked at the pony who had just introduced her self as being called, S'more. Paw Print felt the need to respond to the way she treated her own name. "A name doesn't make ye' who ye' are an' neither does yer' parents wealth. Its what's inside that counts..." The earth pony spoke those worda truthfully as she had remembered when she was a joung foal. Her mother had told her the exact same thing. Oh how Paw Print missed her. The green mare often wondered if her mother would be proud of her if she was alive at the present day to see what her daughter had become. Paw Print wasn't rich, but she earned enough money to live an independant life. The job she had was her life long passion.

"Ah, well, thank you, Miss Pawprint." S'more said, bowing her head. "You know, I usually don't get into much conversation with regular ponies. I'm usually always talking to the other rich ponies. But, I find that conversation with you two..." she paused, "is actually better, because you talk about more than the simple talk that I'm used to hearing every day."

"That's good to hear." S'more said smiling. She looked at all of the ponies that passed by. "Are the rich ones scoffing at me, now that I'm accompanying these ponies?" she thought to herself. She stared at the ground as she walked along with Syd and Paw Print, thinking about how the tables have turned and that maybe she shouldn't have been so rude all the time to the common ponies.

So, Partheus thought to himself, this is the grand city of Manehatten. It reminds me a little of Hominopolis, with it's looming skyscrapers and well-dressed citizens going about their daily motions. Of course, the citizens here are brightly coloured horses, as opposed to actual people. That's something I'm still going to have to get used to. But, judging from the high standards of these ponies, this is the best possible place to grow accustomed to them.

Partheus had stayed in Ponyville for a week in the local hospital, and after he recovered from his injuries, he wished to explore the rest of Equestria by himself, to learn more of the culture of this newly found country. He bid his farewells to Twilight Sparkle, a new friend of his, and set off on a journey that would change his way of viewing the world around him. He first visited Canterlot and discussed political affairs with Celestia. He then travelled to Cloudsdale, and mastered the art of walking on clouds. He then caught a train to Manehatten, leading him to where he was.

As he made his way down a bustling street, the ponies walking by were giving him strange looks. This was to be expected; there hasn't been a human in Equestria since the Great Siege of Equestria 2000 years ago, where the evil king Torbolt marched to Canterlot with his army to defeat Celestia and Luna in battle. It certainly wasn't his attire; the white, loose fitting shirt, the sturdy leather boots, the baggy but rugged brown trousers, all of it was designed by one Rarity Belle, a famous fashionista from Ponyville. The only thing he wore that wasn't made by Rarity was his satchel, given to him by the Human League, which contained important documents that he had to guard with his life, as well as assorted trinkets and goods he needed for his travels.

While muscling through a particularly stubborn crowd of well-groomed unicorns, Partheus saw a group of ponies who didn't look like they belonged in such a formal place. One was a rather unsanitary green earth pony with an equally unsanitary dog by her side, another was a black pony wearing a black jacket and sporting a broken horn, and a third was a white unicorn with long brown hair, seemingly too high-class for the other two. Under normal circumstances, he thought to himself, they would never mix with one another. I must investigate further.

Partheus walked over to the three misfits, and held out his hand. "Hello there. My name is Partheus, and as you can see, I'm fairly new to Equestria. Mind if I tag along?"

Paw Print saw a human walking towards the group. He seemed to want to join them for some reason. It seemed strange though. There hadn't been humans in equestria for a very long time. It was such a long time ago that the only record of humans was in some very old books. The books were so old that the pages lookes as though they were stained with tea. The mare remembered looking at one of those books back in school when she was a foal. However, she wasn't one to judge anypony or human by their appearance.

"Okay.. If ye' really want ta'... The name's Paw Print an' this is my mutt, Tricks. These are my friends Syd an' S'more." She told the human that stood before them.

• 2 weeks later...

"A pleasure to meet you, Paw Print. I'm travelling Equestria to learn more about the culture and history of the place. Where are you guys headed for, anyway?" Partheus then pulled out a muffin from his satchel, donated to him by a kindly grey pegasus back in Ponyville, and took a modest bite out of it.