DESKTOP PONIES!

Zeph

130222565401.png

umm... did you try to hide a muffin from Derpy again?

hey guys! if you really love ponies, why not let them roam around your screen? Anonymous over at ponychan decided to make this nifty little program that lets you have mini ponies! not only that, but if you're good with pixeling and simple programing, you can make your very own! cool huh?

anyways, here is a link to the program. it comes with Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Derpy, Twilight, and Rainbow Dash.

to add more ponies to the selection, all you gotta do is drop the folder with the wanted pony files into the folder with the .exe

here is a link to Rarity and a better Fluttershy.

here is a link to Applejack

here is a link to the lonely Luna

here is a link to THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

there are lots more, like a parasprite, Bon Bon, even DJ P0n-3 over at the site. they keep adding new ones every now and then. go check it out!

I myself have been playing around with the program, and made my very own pony!

Stand_Left.png you can download Angelcake right here!

I'm thinking of maybe taking requests of these, but I'm leaning towards the art trade option. I tend to get into a fight with the files when making sprites. would anypony be interested?

EDIT (April 11): they updated the program! I decided to wait for a bit since they were having a ton of glitches, but now it seems to be less buggy. here is the link to download version 1.07!

these are so amazing Zeph thanks for showing the to me I have so many ponies on my desktop now. I had a situation where the trixie without the costume was face to face with twilight and twilight turned and walked away then trixie turned around and had the sad eyes it was so cute. >.

Oh. My. Celestia. I was just joking when I said I wanted a miniature Great and Powerful Trixie on my desktop, but this? This. Is. Awesome. Now if an Ursa Major invades my desktop, the G&PT will be here to vanquish it!

...Oh, wait. Nevermind. Sorry Trixie.

Still: BEST. APP. EVER.

Aaaa, this is adorable! I've never seen something like this before! I've had Rainbow Dash playing around on my screen for nearly an hour XD It's like having a micro pet. Every time I see her moving, I almost have the urge to pet her mane!

I wonder if anyone has made something like this outside of the pony fandom. I'm rather tempted to make a little Toothless to wander across my screen! Dash and him could be racing buddies!

well, actually someone over at that thread made a scribble cat thing. and I do remember someone mentioning an eevee. this program is actually very easy to work with, since the animations are simple GIFs.

130230242813.png here's what the cat looks like.haven't downloaded it myself, but if you want, you can download it here.

there was also another japanese program, but I don't remember the name of it... I think it was shimegi

just wanted to show off my HD project I'm working on... boy are these hard to make! 3 hours for these 2! well, at least I got a "base pony" out of it... that can come in handy for making more ponies!

Stand_Left_HD.gif

Radar_Left_HD.gif

next would be the trotting animation... is that going to be a pain to make... @_@

I tried this for awhile and the animations are pretty cool, except there was something odd about the flying animation that I just couldn't pick out. Derpy's animation kept making me think of a person in a horse suit and this is why: Horse hind legs don't bend backwards like that. I know it's a nitpick complaint but it just sticks out too much to me, hopefully it'll get fixed in later versions.

I tried this for awhile and the animations are pretty cool, except there was something odd about the flying animation that I just couldn't pick out. Derpy's animation kept making me think of a person in a horse suit and this is why: Horse hind legs don't bend backwards like that. I know it's a nitpick complaint but it just sticks out too much to me, hopefully it'll get fixed in later versions.

Yeah, the legs don't bend like they're supposed to, but it's just a matter of going around and fixing all the image themselves and there's just so many of them.

Yeah, the legs don't bend like they're supposed to, but it's just a matter of going around and fixing all the image themselves and there's just so many of them.

Yeah, the art is sloppy. It needs to be cleaned up. I'd do something along these lines

PzQBa.png

That could probably use additional work too. The boy is a little short, and the butt pooches out a little too far, but it's better.

Cleaned up the lines. Rounded off corners. Got rid of some outlines (they're clutter in tiny spaces). Forgot to add the wings back in. Oy, the wings. Scoot walks with them raised sometimes. It'd read better. These icons were made by a programmer, not a pixeller