I'll miss you when you're gone. [Pm to join.]

CrimsonNova

[OOC: This is a RP for me to try out Seaspray, again. She just needs a friend. D': ]

A blue mare lay in the sand as the sun began to set over Seasaddle Bay. She lifted her head as the light breeze swept through her mane, which, unusually hung down freely, and was not tied back in it's usual braid. She smiled and nuzzled the small sea-turtle that was limping back and forth in front of her.

She had rescued the creature a few days beforehand, and she knew it would soon be time to send him back home, into the ocean where he belonged. She hated that part. She loved helping every creature she found - especially those of the sea - although when she could, she helped others too. She couldn't help but get upset every time she had to let her companions go.

She could feel the tears pricking at her eyes, and she hastily blinked, scolding herself: "No, don't you dare cry, you silly foal!"

She didn't make much sound, but the turtle looked up at her, and she could have sworn he was imploring her to stay strong. "I know, I'm silly, but I can't help it, you've kept me company."

She didn't have the knack of making friends, and despite her dream life, she couldn't help but feel lonely every now and then.

"Just somepony who would understand .. " She glanced up at her surroundings, hoping upon hope to hear gentle hoofsteps, see the swish of a colourful mane. Anypony to keep her company. "..me."

She watched as the turtle tried out his legs again, and once he'd found his balance, he began to make his way into the water. The mare sighed and lowered her head so it rested in the scratchy sand.

The black stallion had left Solstice Heights for a while. He wanted to see different animals from the ones back where he lived. He loved the bunnies, the badgers, the birds and the wolves. But the unicorn desired to see more. He loved watching them as they lived wild and free much like his self. But at times, Whisperpaw felt lonely. He's watch animals and see their families. But, he was working alone. He didn't have a special somepony who he could snuggle with when it was cold or a pony he could have fun with. That was another reason why he had taken a little break. As she as he was, Whisperpaw didn't want to spend his life alone. He needed a pony to love.

From a distance, Whisperpaw saw a mare releasing a turtle back into the wild. His heart beated at a fast rate. She was wonderful. A wonderful unicorn. He loved the fact that she was helping animals, just like he did back at Solstice Heights. 'I have to talk to her... But what if she doesn't? Oh I'm so nervous... No... No chickening out this time. I have to take a chance!' The unicorn thought to his self. Whisperpaw had to distract his self from his nervous actions. He began to whistle a gentle tune as he slowly walked towards the mare. After whistling for a while, a few birds started to fly around him and join in with their own version of what the chorus should sound like.

"Umm... Excuse me... I-I saw y-you releasing that turtle and thought y-you were r-really k-kind and I-I just w-wanted t-to s-see y-you." The stallion whispered in a nervous tone. "I-I'm Whisperpaw.."

Seaspray's ears twitched as she heard somepony whistling behind her. She raised her head, although her eyes never left the horizon.

She was startled to hear a shy voice nearby. Generally, nopony ever thanked her for her actions. She didn't mind this though: the satisfaction of her work was more than enough.

Not only did she help out animals from time to time, but she also cleaned the shore. It was tough work sometimes, but Seaspray didn't mind.

"Umm... Excuse me...I-I saw y-you releasing that turtle and thought y-you were r-really k-kind and I-I just wanted t-to s-see you. I-I'm Whisperpaw."

This stallion thought she was kind? She looked at him, confused. He was rather cute. No, Seaspray! Don't be so silly, he probably already has a special somepony. She could tell she was blushing, so she looked down.

"N-nice to meet you Whisperpaw. My name is, um, Seaspray. W-would you perhaps like to sit with m-me?"

Was she being too forward?

She was blushing. Whisperpaw noticed how her tone sounded nervous. Perhaps she was just as shy as him. He had also noticed her blushing. Did he catch her out by mistake? Whisperpaw didn't want to embarrass anypony. Especially a mare as beautiful as her. 'Maybe she's just working on her own. Plenty of ponies work alone... But still, there's something about her that seems different from the other ponies.' A thought crossed his mind. She had introduced her self as Seaspray. But all Whisperpaw could see was a sweet young mare. She had asked if he would sit with her. Whisperpaw didn't want to be rude and he didn't want to be alone. He actually liked her more than he had ever liked anypony. He just couldn't turn her offer down. But he hoped she was a single mare. He already had fallen for her.

"Oh y-yes.. I-I'd love t-to..." He whispered a reply in his shy tone.

The black stallion sat down beside Seaspray. He was smiling softly. He didn't know what to say to her. She was beautiful and she was kind. He loved the thought of having a special somepony. In that thought, he only saw her face warmly beside his. 'If she's already found her true love, I'm going to be one sad stallion...' A thought crossed his mind. Whisperpaw gazed into her eyes for a moment. He got lost in their beauty during that one moment. The unicorn began to blush. Her eyes were so beautiful and they seemed to shine brighter than a full moon.

Seaspray couldn't comprehend what she found so captivating about him. Was it his kind eyes? The warm smile?

It took her longer than it should have, but she soon figured out what it was. He was like her - shy. She also couldn't help but notice that the stallion's every feature complimented the others. His mane fell as it should, and his eyes stood out against his black coat, making him look mysterious and alluring. She smiled into those kind eyes and they sat in silence for a while, each staring at the others eyes.

Finally, she spoke, her tones quiet, yet she didn't falter on a word. It wasn't difficult to talk to him, like it was other ponies. "I haven't seen you around. Where are you from?" She wondered whether to ask the next question or not, but she couldn't help herself, and this time, she stuttered. "Are you a-alone?"

She blushed and looked away. She had tried to squish another question into that one, but she was worried he wouldn't pick up the hint.

She was interested in him. Seaspray wanted to know where he was from. She wasn't put off by his shyness that seemed to keep ponies away when he whispered his every word. This beautiful unicorn was interested in him. She was shy, but kind hearted. Her eyes were so loving that when he looked into them, he felt so warm and cozy as though he'd been given a great big hug. Then she asked if he was alone. 'Alone... She's got to be single when she's asking me that. Well... I can't keep her waiting.' He made a quick thought.

"I'm from Solstice Heights... And... I-I've been alone f-for t-too long." He replied as he looked out to the sea.

Whisperpaw hoped that she was alone. He hoped that was a hint she had given him and not something that would lead him into heart break. The shy stallion didn't want to be alone. He wanted Seaspray. He wanted to be with her. The unicorn was sure that they were meant to be together. It just had to be true. Whisperpaw then looked into her loving eyes once more. He had to ask her one question.

"D-do you w-want t-to be w-with me? We d-don't h-have to be alone..." He whispered in a tone so sweet that it could melt butter.

Solstice Heights.. wow.

The mare was confused now. What did she feel for this stallion? Why did she even think she had a chance?

She kept silent as they looked out to sea, but there was a slight tension in the air. She turned to say something, and he was staring into her eyes again, captivating her. She blushed as his soft words sent a shiver down her spine, his tone making her blush again.

"D-do you w-want t-to be w-with me? We d-don't h-have to be alone.."

Seaspray was stunned into silence. There was a brief moment of awkwardness before she replied.

"Be w-with you? As i-in, my c-coltfrie..?" she trailed off, unable to say the word "coltfriend". Why would such a handsome stallion want to be with her?

She was blushing again. It was as if he was looking at a pair of roses blossoming from her innocent face. It made him smile. The mare was so beautiful. Everything about her seemed so pure and innocent. It made him feel wonderful. If he knew how to make the spell, Whisperpaw would have used magic to shower the pair in red rose petals. But his magic wasn't very strong. It was good for helping the animals and nothing else. She started to speak again and Whisperpaw blushed as she spoke.

"Be w-with you? As i-in, my c-coltfrie..?"

She couldn't say it... Perhaps he had suprised her or shocked her. He preferred the idea of giving the love of his life a nice suprise. The stallion never wanted to shock anypony. He was much too shy to speak to most of them. But Seaspray was different. Her voice was so sweet and delicate like the feather of a dove. It soothed him and made him want to lean in closer. He wanted to listen and it took away his fears, replacing them with pure joy. He began to wonder if a beautiful mare like her would want such a shy Stallion. But it couldn't harm him to try.

"If y-you'll t-take m-me..." He replied in a whisper so soft.

Seaspray could hardly believe it. She was lying with the only stallion she had ever been able to hold a conversation with, and he was interested in her. Sincerely interested. She surveyed him thoroughly, her blue and sea-foam mane whipping about her face a little bit in the light ocean-breeze.

"If y-you'll t-take m-me..."

Her eyes began to water, and she stared at him, her mouth hanging open slightly. The first tear fell as a shy giggle escaped her, and she lay her head against his, nodding as she cried those tears of happiness. For the first time in her life, she wasn't alone, and she didn't think she could have been happier. They had known each other only a little while, but somehow...

I knew, she thought, I knew he was special.

Whisperpaw smiled as she nodded. He gently used his horn to move her mane out of her face. He wanted to see Seaspray's beautiful face. Those eyes were so soft and her smile was pure. He used the tip of his nose to wipe away her tears. Seaspray was all he had ever wanted. Whisperpaw felt like he was the happiest stallion in Equestria. From then on he didn't have to be alone. He had Seaspray. He already felt as though he'd known her for years even though they'd only just met on this same day.

"Your all I've ever w-wanted... How did a beautiful m-mare like you, stay single for s-so l-long?" He whispered gently in her ear.

Whisperpaw inhaled her scent. It was such a wonderful aroma. Her scent was so fresh and pure like the air on the beach. He loved it. He loved her. The stallion scooted closer to her so that their pelt's entwined to make a blend of a new colour. He could feel the warmth of her body. Whisperpaw felt happy. But was he going too fast? He had to say something.

"If I'm t-taking th-things too fast, j-just tell me." He spoke softly to her in a whisper.

Seaspray smiled back at the stallion as he caressed her face gently, and she could tell, just by looking into those deep eyes, that he was just as happy as she. The wind picked up slightly, but she could feel nothing but the warmth of his body next to hers. She rested her head against his and repressed a shiver as his soft, calming tone spoke into her ear. She looked to him shyly, determined not to stutter.

"Nopony ever talks to me because I'm so quiet." she replied, a hint of sadness in her voice, but she smiled suddenly at him. Now that she wasn't alone anymore, she wouldn't ever feel that way again.

She felt Whisperpaw move closer to her and she tucked her legs tighter under herself, in order to get as close as possible. She resumed her position, as they lay in the sand, her head resting against his as they both stared out to sea.

She was so absorbed in her happiness, she barely heard his gentle whisper. "If I'm t-taking th-things too fast, j-just tell me."

She simply shook her head and patted his hoof reassuringly: she clearly did not think he was not moving too fast.

Whisperpaw smiled. She was okay with the pace of his actions. But she was single because of her quiet nature. Whisperpaw had a quiet nature. But that was not the reason for his lonliness. He had a fear of loud noises and got too nervous around big crowds. That's why they all stayed away. But he was getting better around others after he had seeked out help to overcome his fears. He was glad he had been given that help. Without it, he may have never even been able to venture this far out. He looked at seaspray.

"But the most beautiful animals are silent... Just like you, my beautiful mare..." He spoke in a gentle tone.

They sat for a while in silence, heads together until Seaspray began to shiver. The sun had well set now, and the stars shone.

She curled up with Whisperpaw, trying to warm up, but she just couldn't manage it. Despite working on the beach everyday, and in all weathers, she was not immune to the cold.

"D-do you have s-somewhere to s-s-stay?" She was not stuttering from nerves, however, but from the cold. She was of course willing to let him stay in her shore-side home, if that was what he wanted.

Whisperpaw saw that Seaspray was shivering. He huddled up close to her so that she could share his body heat. He could feel the cold. It was sending chills down his spine. However, Whisperpaw chose not to react. He preferred to give up his warmth for Seaspray. She asked him if he had anywhere to stay. But the stallion didn't have a home so far out. He looked at her with gentle eyes.

"No... I don't have anywhere to stay." He replied honestly.

Seaspray smiled as she realised Whisperpaw was willing to give up his own heat for her. She looked at him through tired eyes and smiled warmly, glancing back at the small beach house a few meters behind them. "You are more than w-welcome to stay with me."

She blushed again, but her smile didn't falter. It was a rare day she ever had the chance to offer a bed in her home. She was looking forward to sitting with someone over breakfast, and perhaps a light walk in the morning.

She was offering him a place to stay for the night. It was an offer Whisperpaw couldn't turn down. He always wondered what it would be like to wake up and be with somepony in the mornings. He always wanted to wake up knowing that he wasn't alone. There was nopony he'd rather spend it with than Seaspray. She seemed to understand the stallion. He wasn't a pony who she'd choose to avoid. He felt the same way about her. The unicorn wanted to be with her and not apart from her.

"Thank you... I'd love to..." He replied while he began to blush.

Seaspray picked at the sand, worried he'd think she was crazy for asking him to stay with her for the night. She was surprised when he agreed.

She stood up and stretched her legs, smiling shyly at Whisperpaw. She couldn't help but wonder what he really saw in her. She froze as she realised how messy her home was after she had turned the place over earlier, in search of ointment for her turtle companion's injured leg. She hoped he wouldn't mind a bit of mess.

"U-um, my house isn't very clean.." she said, as she led the way to the beach-side cottage just a few hoofsteps away from where they had sat previously. Her hooves sounded too loud on the wooden porch, and she blushed, opening the door shyly.

She walked in and stood in the main hall, using her magic quickly to sweep cages and tanks away out of the walkway. "Umm.. Would you maybe like something to eat, or are you t-tired?"

"U-um, my house isn't very clean.."

She didn't have to worry about that. Whisperpaw's house had been taken over by the animals he took care of. It had bird perches hanging from the ceiling. There were beds in all of the corners and bowls of food scattered round the room. At times the stallion windered if his house would ever look clean. He tried keeping it clean. But it always looked a mess straight after.

"My house is full of animals and the things that I use to care for them are everywhere... I-I don't mind." He tried to re-assure her.

Whisperpaw's ears flattened backwards against his head when he heard the loud clatter of hooves on the porch. It was just too loud. However, the stallion danced on the spot to calm his nerves. Loud noises may have caused him to flee in fear before. But he was determined not to allow that to happen.

"Umm.. Would you maybe like something to eat, or are you t-tired?"

He had to think for a moment. Whisperpaw hadn't eaten in a while. But he didn't want to bother Seaspray. The stallion didn't want to be a burden to anypony. However when his stomach made a rumbling noise, Whisperpaw blushed bright pink. It was embarrassing. It seemed as though he didn't have any self control when he was hungry. However, words spoke better than his stomach.

"If its n-not t-to much trouble, then yes p-please... B-but if it is then, I'll wait until breakfast." He spoke in a shy whisper.

"My house is full of animals and the things that I use to care for them are everywhere... I-I don't mind."

Seaspray smiled, happy that Whisperpaw understood her situation. She was so glad this stallion had taken interest in her, considering they shared common interests. She noticed the stallion twitch to calm his nerves, and she understood he must have been startled by the sound of her hooves on the wood.

She made her way to the kitchen, and looked around for something to eat. "If its n-not t-to much trouble, then yes p-please...B-but if it is then, I'll wait until breakfast."

Seaspray smiled at Whisperpaw, and nuzzled him, trying to calm him further. There was nothing that would put her out of her way for him. She went to the cupboards and peered around.

"I can make d-daisy s-sandwiches, but not much else. I n-need some groceries.." The mare blushed, ashamed that Whisperpaw had caught her out when she was obviously so disorganized. Generally, she had everything in specific cupboards, and everything was alligned it's place, but this week, since she had been too busy caring for her turtle friend, she hadn't had the time. She lowered her head, flushing of shame as her eyes threatened to water.

"I can make d-daisy s-sandwiches, but not much else. I n-need some groceries.."

She seemed to be trying hard for the stallion. But after what he had heard, Whisperpaw felt as though his stomach had betrayed him. He didn't want Seaspray to be sad. She was a beautiful mare and one who had so much love to give. He could see that from the moment he first layed his eyes on her. He looked at her and said.

"We can go shopping together tomorrow... I don't mind helping with grocery shopping." Whisperpaw spoke in a gentle tone. "And... I'm not a fussy eater... But if you need to go shopping, I can take up the daisy sandwich offer in the morning so we can eat them together for breakfast."

Seaspray smiled meekly. She was grateful that Whisperpaw was being so understanding. He just had so much love in his heart. She stayed silent in throught for a while, and then she came up with a solution.

"You can eat now. I'm not too hungry, and then m-maybe tomorrow we can go out for br-breakfast? I know a small café nearby that's always quiet."

She wondered if he would be offended by her openly noting his insecurity on being around noisy ponies. Or perhaps grateful that she had spared him embarrassment and nervousness?

"You can eat now. I'm not too hungry, and then m-maybe tomorrow we can go out for br-breakfast? I know a small café nearby that's always quiet."

Seaspray was being kind about Whisperpaw eating because he was hungry. She cared about his needs. It was clear that this mare was kind and considerate. She even offered the idea of eating out for breakfast. Whisperpaw was unsure about going out to a cafe at first because of all of the loud ponies. But when she mentioned a quiet cafe, the stallion felt a sense of relief. Seaspray had thought of everything. She cared so much. Whisperpaw felt the love radiating off her body. It made him feel a sense of warmth deep down inside. It was a sensation that he loved.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea."

Whisperpaw leaned in closer to Seaspray and lightly kissed her. He loved her so much already and yet there was so much more the stallion had to learn about her. He was willing to learn as much as he possibly could.