My Dark Equestria Project

In this story Celestia and Luna are the empresses of Equestria, both tyrants in their own right though Celestia is more hot headed with a cruel sense of humor while Luna is cold and calculating.

Yet at one point she had actually been good, being Starlight Moon and creating the Midnight Order... a safe haven for ponies wanting protection and peace from the heavy weight of the Empire. Yet Celestia had a plan, a plan that took 1000 years to come to full fruition, having banished Starlight Moon to buy herself time, and created the Elements of Discord. Upon the return of her wayward sister, Starlight Moon was forced to become the evil Empress Luna once again.

Who did this to her? Twilight Sparkle and those like her... herself being the Element of Spite and the other discordians being the Elements of Cruelty, Deceit, Treachery, Greed, and Fear. Working together because each wanted power and the ability to control others. Was this a stable union? No, there will and is conflict between these six 'generals' at times yet partly from fear of Celestia and partly because of their own selfish desires they worked together.

The focus will be characters within the Midnight Order, and while it is a darker Equestria and many of the ponies from the show will have a reversal of roles (the Empresses and Discordians being the biggest case of this) with examples being Prince Blueblood, Trixie, Gilda, Harmony (instead of Discord) who actually took over leading the Order when Starlight Moon could not.

----------------------------------

In this fanfiction I will bring forward some of the more 'darker' memes and mentioning the many and varied 'shippings', counting the three for Celestia (taking this as far as needed to show the foolishness of it). These three being 'the Tyrant', 'Trollestia', and even a bit of 'Molestia'. There with also be 'Cupcakes' Pinkamena and the other memes involving how she is able to do that which no other pony can (which can and will be a bit scary). Fluttershy having a secret rage hidden behind a seemingly 'soft' exterier, taking care of her 'babies' (many being monsters and creatures of her own creation counting her 'killer rabbit' Angel) and a scary skill at interrogation. Rainbow Dash with a 'dash' of Rainbow Factory, who is the aggressive and violent leader Shadowbolts, making up Equestria's secret police force. Vain Rarity, having a monopoly on the fashion and control of the social elites, a secret sweat shop where orphaned or sold foals work, as well as a place where fillies and mares do 'services' just to feed themselves and families. Twilight Sparkle with control Equestria's use of magic, and education, conducting research of subject of magical or scientific nature most would say is 'not pretty' using dark magic and making studies that can harm or damage those around her. Pinkamena is in control of moral, making parties no one want to go to but have to anyway... being a strong source of paranoia fuel. Applejack, and control after having killed (or at least plans to kill) her brother Don Macintosh, oversees the family business Apple Corps and control the economical aspect of Equestria being something of an 'organized crime' family.

All in all it will be a BIG project, and one I will enjoy it even though under normal circumstances I very much dislike many of the memes I will be using. I will also try to keep it near PG-13 rating, keeping major violence and 'other' subjects behind the scenes as I very much dislike excessive violence and 'clop' use in MLP fanfiction (I will also avoid having swearing in this series, at most having 'pony swears'). I will probably need editors and those that can keep me focused, as I have many ideas but difficulties putting it all together to make an interesting whole without getting distracted.