A thought about goodness and light

Starfox64x

So, i was thinking of a story and an analogy came to mind that contradicts what most people see. i wanted to share it with you and see what everyone thinks...

So they say that good is light, and evil is darkness, correct? it's kind of one of those tropes that everyone uses to describe them... Well, i disagree...

See, i see the world as being covered in darkness... but darkness is good! the world is naturally good in it's full of genuinely good people...

however... When a light begins to appear, a fire, and it starts to cover the world... illuminating the darkness with it's burning light. however, as the light grows stronger, it begins to cast shadows... People who refuse to succumb to the light. they stand tall and grow as the evil of the light grows stronger...

Sure, the fire can destroy the shadows by destroying whatever gets in it's way... but the shadows continue to grow. The only way the light can get rid of the shadows is by destroying everything... leaving nothing for it to feed on, and leaving it to die...

Now, they say that you can't see evil because it's hiding in the shadows... but have you ever tried looking at the sun? you can't tell what the evil is because it's so bright you can hardly look at it. and who's to say that there isn't more evil behind it... you'd never know by trying to look it...

So yeah, that's my thought in a nutshell... i wish i had soem graphics to help show it off, but... yeah that's really all that's on my mind... i still can't think of a good analogy of how to get rid of the evil light... other than pour water on it or soemthing... but yeah, just a random thought i wanted to share =3 you thoughts?

Sounds very Lovecraftian. Wasn't there a story in that mythos with this similar theme?

In either case, I like the idea, and you should definitely do something with it. If anything, it will end up a cathartic exercise in writing and story crafting.

Sounds very Lovecraftian. Wasn't there a story in that mythos with this similar theme?

In either case, I like the idea, and you should definitely do something with it. If anything, it will end up a cathartic exercise in writing and story crafting.

*Reads first part, thinks of this*

Yeah, i definitely plan on doing a story of some kind with that idea in mind... Essentially this guy (A) believes he is the light that is wiping out the darkness, but an enemy (B) tells him that HE (A) is the bad guy. (A) says he's only doing it because someone else © told him to, and B mentions that he could not see the other enemy because he was blinded by A's evil light.

more or less...

*Reads first part, thinks of this*

Yeah, i definitely plan on doing a story of some kind with that idea in mind... Essentially this guy (A) believes he is the light that is wiping out the darkness, but an enemy (B) tells him that HE (A) is the bad guy. (A) says he's only doing it because someone else © told him to, and B mentions that he could not see the other enemy because he was blinded by A's evil light.

more or less...

I'm still waiting for you to come up with a Starfox/Pony crossover. Make it happen, Foxy!