The Quest for the Moon Relic [Crescentblaze and ShadowStorm88]

Grinning like a cocky foal, Val looked back to see how far he had left Crescent in the dust, but was surprised to see no sight of the pegasus at all. "Wow, I guess Ima too good" grinned the adventurer. Feeling a poke on his side, Val looked to where he had been tapped but saw no sight of the pegasus. Feeling another tap, Val looked to his other side; but once more he saw no sight of anypony. Grinning cheekily, he turned to catch sight of the guy as he pointed dramatically "YOOU" as he watched him pull ahead. "Nuh uh, you wont beat me so easily" Val called to him, as he started to speed up more and more to catch up with the speedsters.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crescent cackled to himself as he wizzed through the air, the wind whipping through his mane and stinging his face. He looked back and saw Val right on his tail as they finally came upon canterlot. He slowed down, gradually coming to a hover over the city. He waited for Val, he wasnt sure where the Canterlot archives were. He lifted his goggles smiling as he floated over the cliffside city instinctively scanning for anything that may be amiss.

Val grinned as he put on the speed as he saw Crescent disappear for a moment. Determined to not lose so easily, Val kicked up his speed as he hopped hadnt fallen too far behind. Last thing that he wanted was to get beaten so easily by Crescent. However, it seemed he didnt need to worry too much as he saw Crescent come into view. Eyes widdening, he thought "NO WAIT STOP, SLOW DOWN" Raising his hooves as if trying to stop himself, he collided against Crescent, sailing through the air before landing in a pool of nearby water.

Crescent's vision flash white and black twice rapidly as an unexpected pain erupted in his back. He was immediately disoriented and felt another burst of intense pain in his chin and chest as he crashed head first into the bank of the pond Val had landed in. His eyes spun of their own accord and his tongue lolled out of his mouth as he was balanced comically on his chest and neck with his flank and tail hanging over his head.

Sitting up, Val let out a sheepish laugh as his head spun slowly, as he saw stars. "Ah heh heh, I didnt put those eggs in that basket, I was framed". Shaking his his head to get rid of the stars, he looked over at the stunned, and kinda silly looking Crescent. Gasping, he trotted up to him as he slowly poked his side. "Err, are you feeling okay? Sorry about that, I guess I need to control my speed abit more but I had really wanted to win" chuckled Val weakly, as he rubbed the back of his mane embarrased.

"eeerrrmmm...what happened?"

Crescent's hind quarters flopped back down and he stood up still dizzy from the crash. He shook the derp from his face and looked back to make sure Night Fire was still secure. He considered himself luck he wasnt impaled on the curved blade when he fell. He looked at Val unamused.

"Yeah, that was not cool. Thats how ponies get hurt is with crazy crashes like these. I cant tell you how many pegasi I've seen end up in the hospital because they lost control on the race track from over-exertion."

He gave his wings a flex and a flap to make sure they were still fully functional.

"So where are we? I dont know canterlot too well. Ive only been here twice."

"Oh, well we are on the outskirts of Canterlot, where right over there" pointed Val at the giant dome shapped buidling in the middle of Canterlot. "Is the library, the biggest one in all of Equestria" nodded Val to Crescent. Turning back to face him, he explained "What were looking for in there is most likely gonna be hidden in the restricted section though, so it wont be easy to get to them". A sneaky grin slowly echted onto his face, as he commented "But then again, if everythin in the world was easy; then that would be no fun at all. No challenge is the worst sorta thing for me".

Crescent racked his brain for a solution on how to get into the restricted section. He lifted his hoof to his chin, a habit he picked up from his special somepony.

"Well it would probably take me too long to find the right book and read it, so I can distract the guards and you can sneak in. Sound good to you?"

"A small part of him should be disagreeing with this" he thought to himself. Sneaking into the restricted section of the lirbary was a good way to get one thrown into alotta trouble. That, and as good as he was; he didnt want to go and suffer the Princess's wrath. He gulped at the sight of Celestia and Luna, an evil smirk on both of there faces as their horns powered up with magic, about to blast him outta exsitance. Shaking his head, he thought "That's only if you get caught". Turning to face Crescent, he tried to get rid of his worry by putting on some bravado. "Oh it sounds good alright..that is if you can distract the guard look enough" Val teased, patting Crescent on the back.

Crescent drew his sword.

"You think any guard could resist taking a look at this baby? I ask if they wanna take a look, and they want details. I can go on about the specifics of this beauty for hours. So when I hand off the sword he'll be looking at it closely like the sword freak I'm sure he is, and that's when you sneak in. Probably be best to leave through a window."

He replaced the blade to his waist and made his way to the grand library entrance. It was breath taking but Crescent just yawned.

"Its still just a library, just a bunch of paper and ink. why bother making it so fancy?"

"Well, most likely to make the entire place look really pretentious, and popular looking" Val admitted to Crescent with a weak smile, as he commented "Or maybe it was just a means to make it look really imporant for ponies who are extremtly studious, I dunno". Hearing his plan on how to get past the guards, Val nodded in agreement as he commented "Sounds like a good plan, all we need to do now is see if we can pull it off". Trotting towards the lirbary, Val hid behind a large building as he pointed towards it. "Well, you distract those two over there, and I'll soar in through the open window there. Hopefully if things go well, we wont have to worry about getting caught".

Val watched as Crescent made his way to the guard, as he went and hid behind a barrel. Watching the exchange, Val chuckled in amusment at the sight. "Well, you certaintly know how to get under there skin" chuckled Val.

"STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM" demanded the guard, blocking Crescent from entering. "What do you think that you are doing?! The private scrolls are off limit to all but royalty. Leave now" demanded the other on the left, an angry look in his eye.

Crescent feined shock at the guards reaction to his blatant attempt at entering. He reared back until he stood before them his face a mixture of shocked and apologetic.

"woah! woah! I'm sorry I didnt know! Really I not from around here, I just figured this was like any other library. Its just that I've been to eveery other library in town and I seem to find what I looking for. Now stay calm I'm gonna draw my sword but just to show you ok?"

He slowly drew Night Fire and held it out the sword by the blade an angle that would best show its beauty and function.

"You see I'm trying to find information on this beautiful blade, its been passed through my family for years and it is said to have been forged at cloudsdale's founding but their isnt any official documentation to prove it. I thought the archives might have what I was looking for but I guess not if their just for the princesses.

He waited for them to react.

OOC: i cant believe you did that and now I'm throwing it back at you.

3541+-+caption+crossover+meme+Oblivion.jpg

mlp_stop.jpg

I just couldnt resist

OOC: I had to take a few mintues to stop myself from laughing so hard at the pic ^_^

The two guards ponies looked at each other, taking in his story slowly. Turning back to him, the one on the right responded "I highly doubt that. The archives do contain scrolls on swords, but not many". "Isnt it possible that there is a scroll that could have something based on it. Briggs" commented Wedge, the one on the left. "Curses Wedge!! How do we know that this pony is being straight with us? THat sword looks far to rare, and unique to even belong to one such as him. Perhap's its a stolen good that need's to be confiscated" argued Briggs.

"Oof" Val grunted as he looked left and right. The archives were huge!! Where was he supposed to start?! Under M for moon? L for Lunar? "This is gonna be tough" Val sighed.

Crescent could see this was going down hill with the guards. Honestly he would have rather fought them then let them take Night Fire from him. He had to think fast.

"Guys please. First off if I had stolen it why would I ask guards where to find information on it. Two..."

He performed an aerial feat of swordplay twisting and flipping as he swung with precision and grace. He completed the maneuver and landed back in front of them.

"I am of the Blaze family, we are descended from the first guardians of Cloudsdale. I earned the right to wield this sword. I is a family heirloom, see the crest imprinted on the hilt matched my cutie mark."

He held the sword out hilt forward this time for them to examine.

Briggs looked at the sword carefully, as he nodded "Hmm, it appears I was mistaken. My apologizes citizen for my anger. We have been getting many break in's all over Canterlot, so we've had to upgrade security messures" apoligizde the soldier. "You fool!! Getting mad at him like that" snapped Wedge at Briggs for his misdirection. Sighing, he apoloized as well as he siad "By your leave sir" as they went to resume guarding. Valoren was still inside however, and still looking through the scrolls so it was a hard to determine how long he would be in there.

"Where is it" snapped Val angirly, as he contiued to go through scrolls.

Crescent sheathed his heirloom blade and addressed the guards once more, now that Val was inside he wouldnt have any trouble,

"Thanks anyway fellas, I guess I'll just try to figure things out elsewhere."

He did a mock imitation of a salute, putting on a strait face, except his eyes were crossed and his tongue stuck out. Crescent turned and walked away laughing good naturedly at his own joke. Once he broke the line of sight with the guards he made his way to area below the window Val had entered through taking a seat and nonchalantly minding his own business as if he wasnt an accomplice to breaking and entering.

"Aha" Val beamed wildly as he found something under the M section. Slowly removing it, Val peeked inside as he looked for what was hopefully a spell that would be able to send his friend to the moon. As he read, he went "oh...Oh..OHHHHHHH....uh oh". Flincing at what he saw, Val slapped a hoof to his face in exhapsertation. Well, wasnt this great. Although he yearned for challenges, and this was clearly one; a small part of him was annoyed cause he knew that it was going to upset his friend. He had to gather a few ingridents in order to start the spell. If he was a unicorn, then he would be able to use the spell much easier but since he wanst; he'd have to resort to this. "Oh well" Val shrugged as he slowly rolled up the scroll. Freezing as he heard the door to the chambers unlock, Val hide behind some shelves in fear as he could see the window was so close, and yet seemed so far away.

Crescent examined the hilt of his sword, growing bored, still not the least bit worried. He stood up on his rear hooves and leaned against the wall beneath the window.

"Wonder whats taking him so long..."

Slipping around slowly out of the guards view, Val thought to himself "Not good, not good, not gooood". Eyes whipping in every direction for a means of escape, Val spotted what looked like an important mock up version of the element of loyalty. Grabbing it, he looked up as he thought "Celestia forgive me" as he rolled it off down towards another direction to get the guard away from the window. Watcthing the guard react quickly to the noise, Val galloped towards the window as he soared out and landed head first in the busehs next to Crescent. "Oof" Val grunted as he rubbed his sorehead, gripping the scroll in his other hoof.

Crescent jumped and put a hoof on his sword hilt out of habit. He saw the scroll in Val's mouth and was immediately apprehensive.

"HOLY!...GEEZ!, you actually stole something from the archives!?!?!? I thought you were just gonna read whatever it was and get out!"

Crescent was visibly nervous now. He wanted to go to the moon but he wanted to be allowed to come back too!

"Im going to put it back" Val insisted as he removed another parchment, and started to scribble down some notes. "I just needed to get out of there, because a guard was coming and I didnt exactly have time to do this. I'll wait abit before putting it back". Looking up, Val whisrped "But could you please keep the yelling down abit. We dont want the guards to know". Finishing up his copying, he whispered "Hold up" as he flew up towards the window. Peeking inside to see the guard was gone, he whispered "Be right back" as he flew back in. Seconds turned into mintues, as time went by. Then just as fast as he had left, Val repeapred, panting "Done. Scrolls back. Needed to do more elluding cause more guards came back...but hey, least we wont get in trouble now huh" shrugged the pegasus as he looked over the notes he had written down.

With banishment averted Crescent sighed in relief. His excitement returned as he realized Val must have found something that could help him and he quickly leaned over his notes to find out.

"Ok so what is it what did you find? a machine? a spell? What did it say?"

Crescent skimmed over the notes but couldnt make heads or tail of Val's rushed penmanship

"Okay, here's the plan" Val explained as he showed what he wrote down. "What we need to do, is fine some Baby blue saphires, amd crack them open. After that, we have to take some speedster stems from a plant found in the Everfree forest" started off Val, as he started to show on the map where they were located. "In doing so, we'll be able to create a nesscary liquid that you'll have to drink to give you the speed in order to make it to the moon. The Baby blue sapphires are nessecary because they get there potency power from the moon, and the speedster stems are nessecary just for you to break the atmosphere". Looking up, he smiled weakly "Once we have all the nesscary steps done, we will be able to get you to the moon".