The Quest for the Moon Relic [Crescentblaze and ShadowStorm88]

Crescent Blaze leisurely soared, well leisurely for a racing pegasus, through a bright sky over clousdale. He felt as though he might literally die of boredom. His daily dose of adrenaline had been cut short by extended morning shifts at the weather factory and he wasnt scheduled for another race or show for days. He had already don his flight practice for the day and his mood was flagging. "UGH!!! theres nothing to do around here!" He threw his hooves up in despair as he rounded another corner.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whistling to himself, Val stopped by at the local tavern as he smiled at the lost and found box. Reaching into his satchel, he removed the fire gem that he had retrived from the badlands as he dropped it into the lost and found. Going up to the booth and informing, he smiled as he recieved 500 bits at the expense of his item. "Yup!! Exactly right cost" Val nodded in agreement to the boothmen. Leaving the tavern with a high head, Val bopped his head up and down as he contiuyed to whistle the tune to himself. Today was such a good day for him!! What could possibly go wrong?

Crescent was about to lose it. He needed speed. He gave up on holding himself back and began rocketing himself around corners recklessly dodging and weaving between incoming pegasi. He sped up as he reached the market district as it was strait-away. He didnt even see the green adventurer open the door to the gem appraisal booth but instinctively swerved around it. He stopped abruptly, he had learned from experience that ponies usually didnt like it when that happened. He flew back to apologize."Hey sorry about that. Ive just been ansy to do some speed flying, and didnt see you open the door."

Blinking in shock, Val gasped as he shocked to see something fly by at high speed. Smiling at the pony, he chuckled "Its umm, its okay". Looking at the pony, Val smiled "Ahh, whats up there fella? You seemed to be goin pretty fast there". In a way, Val was tempted to drop whatever the hay it was he was doing in favor for racing this pony on the spot; as it appelead to his competive side. However, he didnt want to just weird out somepony that he had never really met before.

"I aught to have been going fast, I am Cloudsdale's top semi-pro flier after all." As much as he had been trying not to gloat as much lately he couldnt help it. he had just met this pony and he wanted to make a cool impression. "Why? you wanna test your skills against Crescent Blaze?" Crescent still hadnt gotten the urge to be daring out of his system and racing another pony maybe just what he needed.

"Cloudsdales top semi pro filer" Val repeated, surprsised by this ponys title and boasting, For one to gain such a title, they certaintly had to have flight skills that went far above the call of duty. Whilst Val himself was no slouch in the speed deparment, since one had to be fast in order to escape the constant dangers that he was in; but he was wondering to hismelf if he could messure up to this ponies boasting. Feeling brave, he grinned "Well then, Im not really one to turn down a challnege myself" smirked Val cheerfully.

"Awesome, we'l race to the end of the market district, onyourmarkgetsetGO!" He had been a little hasty with his countdown out of excitement and exploded out from in front of the store, pumping his wings furiously and and streamlining himself as much as possible. As the adrenaline rush hit him Crescent began going into hyper focused mode, nothing else mattered but the task at hand. He wasnt sure if this pony would be a challenge or not but he hoped he would at least give him a descent run.

Val gasped as he had only blinked and then suddenly, BOOM!! The pegasus was gone!! Celestia, he was eager!! Well, Val wasnt gonna disappoint him. Kneeling back, he shot forward like a bullet, manuevering past the obstacles that Crescent had passed; grinning at the extreme feeling he was getting of danger!! Ducking, swooping, and sliding under obstacles that could hurt him seemed to cause him to fly alot faster as the pumping adrenaline made its way to his wings; causing them to flap faster and faster, as he suddenly found himself inches from being neck and neck with Crescent.

Crescent spared a quick glance to check where Val was and saw he was hot on his tail "C'mon you got this just turn up the heat!" his concentration intesified as he made every wing beat count. Forcing himself past his normal limits. There was no way he was gonna lose this race o some random pegasus off the street, He was cloudsdale's best soon to be pro flier after all. He had to admit though this pony could handle himself in a race, not unlike a few of his competitors. Crescent saw the end of the market district approaching quickly and turned on the afterburners, so to speak.

Val smirked as just as he stared to past, the pegasus disappered; flying so fast that Val could swear that an afterimage of Crescent flew behind him. Putting everything he had into his wings, Val narrowed his eyes on the finish line as he started to catch up again; he had lost the race. Skidding to a stop, he made an increably long skid mark to stop himself from colliding into Crescent. Blinking several times as he looked down, he glanced back up as he smiled wearily "Looks like you won".

"Hey dont feel too bad you actually made me push myself. Its been a long time since a pony gave me a descent run." He took a moment to come out of his intense focus."So hey i havfent seen you around town before what are you doing in cloudsdale.?"

"Heh, well thanks. It felt really good to go out of my way to race. I havent done so in quiet some time now" Val admitted to the racing pegasus with a weak chuckle. Hearing him question, Val smiled "Well, I was just dropping off an object I retrieved from one of my adventures in order to help gain some bits. The adventure for the fire gem was a really hard one since it mostly invovled going through an active volcano, but I had to worry more about the fire breatheing dragon though that chased me". Shrugging, he commented "OOh, Im Valoren Seeker, adventurer" introduced the adventurer, offering a hoof.

"Nice to meet you Val. you mind if i call you that? An adventurer huh? wow thats quite the tale." Crescent had a thought, "Say you've been around right? This is gonna sound really crazy but Have you maybe ever heard of any way to fly to the moon? Its been a colthood dream of mine that i havent really been able to let go." He sized up this adventurer and verified by experience he must have seen some serious action. the wear of his hooves and the unkempt nature of his mane were indicative of this.

"Nah, I dont mind if you call me that" chuckled Val in amusment at his new friend. Blushing at the praised, he rubbed the back of his neck as he chuckled "Yup, Im an adventurer, though it took abit of time for that last adventure to come around since its hard to search for them. THough, that only encourages me to search much harder". Blinking, he raised a brow at the strange request. "A means to fly..to the moon" Val asked, having never heard of such a thing before.Putting a hoof to his chin, he scrunched his face up in heavy concentration as he tried to think of a response. Such a thing could be possible, but he hadnt really heard of how. Perhaps we're he to do some research, or ask around then.. "I havent heard, but it does sound doable" Val nodded to the pegasus.

"Sorry to bother you with such a stupid question...its just kinda been a dream of mine to be the first pegasus to fly to the moon since I was a colt. Call it an inability to believe in impossibilities."

Crescent looked around slightly embarrassed as he spoke not realizing that Val had hinted towards the possibility of the venture.

OOC: I AM SOOO SORRY FOR FORGETTING ABOUT THIS! It just sorta skipped my mind, Im doing like 6 other rps and its finals week. GAH! :scream:

Seeing the sheepish look on the guys face, Val shrugged as he gave a weak smile before patting him on the back. "Its no big deal, we all have pretty wild dreams when were young. I for example, wanted to see if I could discover others world's that exiscted apart from Equestria when I was a foal. A world that had none of the creatures that lived in Equestria". Chuckling, he smiled "Havent found any proof to such a thing though to be honest". Blinking, he then said "Yeah, like I was saying, Im pretty sure that it is possible for a pony to fly to the moon. Its gonna require something, and its gonna take one to be fast...real fast".

"well as you can see I've got speed on lock down, but that isnt the real issue. I normally wouldnt admit it but I actually have tried flying to the moon more than once. Its the atmosphere that gets you. No matter how fast you're going once the atmosphere thins enough your wings cant help you get any higher, plus despite years of endurance training Its an insane amount of work to just reach that altitude. By the time I made it there I could hardly flap my wings and ended up diving down for miles just to rest. The drag from how fast I was going nearly tore my wings off when I opened them again."

He told his story with passion as though he gone up against some great beast and ended up in a stalemate.

"Wow, thats quiet a story" Val nodded in admiration. This guy was definatly driven, Val had to give him that. But did that mean that he would be able to succed? "HMmm" Val mused as he put a hoof to his chin. "In order to fly to the moon, I would suggest trying to talk to Princess Luna, but thats out because of how busy she is" Val admitted. A slow smirk etched his features, as he commneted "However, that dosent mean its not impossible. I think that the first best thing for one to do is to go to the canterlot library, and look up something related to what your asking: A device that will allow one to fly to the moon. Once we know what it is, we go for this item, and retrieve it. That way, you'll be able to go the moon with no problem at all" beamed the pegasus, now starting to get excited talking about going on a possible adventure. Realizing he was getting ahead of himself, he blusehd "That is all in theory I mean uhh".

Crescent frown a bit at the mention of a library. He would have rather tried his luck with the princess but Val was right if she took time out of her day to answer everypony's questions whe might not ever get anything done.

"Blech...reading. I guess I dont really hve a choice do I. You wanna come with? The only pony I know in canterlot is my fillyfriend Felicity and she and her dad went on vacation to the gallopagos islands. Besides you like adventure right? It seems like that's exactly what we're heading for."

Crescent thought to himself for a moment, he would have to stop at home and pick up his sword, Night Fire, if he were going to be travelling anywhere dangerous, and having to go all the way back to cloudsdale before setting out would just be a waste of time.

Val watched Crescents reaction to the mention of libraries as he couldnt help but roll his eyes in respone. Val himself was abit of reader, mostly of adventure stories or whenever he wanted to discover a new location. Grinning lightly in response as he chuckled "Heh heh, trust me it wont be that bad. Just going over some charts, maps, encyclopeadia...heh, kidding" Val grinned as he chuckled lightly in response. Hearing, he nodded "Do you even have to ask? Course I'll go along with ya!! I love adventures". He was tired from his last adventure, but he would let the pumping adrenaline fuel him for this new one.

"Well great! Come with me I wanna stop at my place to pick up my sword first and then we can be on our way to Canterlot. Shouldnt take long its not far from here. follow me!"

Crescent lifted off relatively slowly so Val wouldnt have to play catch up. He banked around a few corners and landed on the balcony entrance to his apartment. He slid open the door and motioned for Val to follow him inside. Crescent walked into his bedroom leaving Val to wait in the kitchen while he got his sword. He crouched over and reached a hoof under his bed and upon landing on something long and rectangular pulled it out. He laid the long polished mahogany case on his bed; he opened it and admired the dark chrome opalescent falchion lying within. Crescent strapped on his sword frog and attached the sheathed blade to the leather band around his waist. Returning to the kitchen he drew the sword to show it to Val.

"Say hello to Night Fire. This sword has been passed through my family since Cloudsdale's founding. It's resistant to all but the strongest magic, never needs to be sharpened, and is made of metal said to have fallen from the sky. I personally dont believe that last part but the metal is unidentifiable, probably just a unique alloy though. Take a look."

He held the blade out reverently and very carefully for Val to examine.

Valoren smiled in response as he was led to the pegasus's hoome. It certaintly had been awhile since he had been to Canterlot. Walking into Crescents home as he waited for him to return, Val thoguht long and hard about what he was promiseing to Crescent. A way to the moon...sounded almost fantasty. But hey, to one that was all powerful and able to wield magic so powerful that they could alter the moon and sun, that musta seemed easy. For one ordinary like Val however, it seemed like a dream. But dreams could come true if one fought hard enough for them. That's what Val learned when he left Cloudsdale, and went off into the world ot become an adventurer. He learned about what sort of things were out there, and what sort of other ponies that were out there. He had to wonder to himself however, if he would be able to keep finding what he wanted forever. Looking at the sword, Val blinked as he grinned in awe "Wooooooww, that is so cool"!!! Taking it in one hoof, Val backed up as he grined; tossing the blade up into the air as it spun like a saw. Catching it carefully as he landed, he handed it back to Crescent. "Really cool sword" Val nodded.

Crescent nearly had a heart attack when Val casually tossed his most valuable and sentimental possession into the air like it was nothing. Wide eyed with shock he reached out and returned it safely to its scabbard. He patted the hilt almost apologetically for the treatment it had just endured. Once he got over the small ordeal Crescent turned to the door.

"Shall we?"

Crescent threw open the sliding door and leisurely lifted off into the sky towards the craggy cliffs of canterlot.

"Let's Val smiled at his new friend, or at least who he thought was his new friend.

Trotting down the street for a few moments, he looked up as he noticed that the sky was already getting dark. A small part of him wondered that if it would be acceptable if he were to call for Princess Luna, and ask if they could get a lift to the moon as that would make it eaiser. But Crescent had said he watned to fly to the moon, so that's what he wanted. Seeing the library, he blinked to himself "Ahh, i got an idea to make this abit funner". Grinning, he talked really fast "Let'sgorace,readysetgo" BOOM!! He took off!!

Crescent had to admit the green pegasus had taken him by surprise.

"Oh it is ON!!"

He took off at a full keel after Val. He had ground to catch up bit he made good progress on him. He was on his tail in no time, and decided to have a bit of fun. He tapped the stallion on the left flank and quickly slid over to Val's right side.