The Quest for the Moon Relic [Crescentblaze and ShadowStorm88]

Crescent was skeptical. how were gems and plants going to get him to the moon? He had been expecting some magical artifact or a machine. He looked blankly at Val.

"I dont get it, how do gems and plants get me to the moon?"

He wasnt trying to be witty he was just genuinely confused

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Its not the gems or the plants that will help you dude" Val smirked cheerfully as he tried to explain his idea better. "Its the properties inside that will allow you to get to the moon. Once i combine the properties, it will enable you to gain the ability to fly to the moon after its been crushed down into liquid form. After that, you just need to drink the liquid and it will increase your flight speed by five-ten fold; giving you the nessecary power to get to the moon".

Crescent almost exploded with excitement.

"5-10 times my top speed! AH! I cant wait! This is going to be so flipping amazing! I'll be the fastest flier in Equestria! Well i guess until it wears off but still! Great Luna above!"

He bounced into the air and did a flip in his anticipation. He couldnt believe it! It was finally happening!

Watching Crescent jump up and down like an excited foal, Val chuckled in amusmnet as he commented "Its not gonna be easy, because for all we know; we might not be the only ones aiming for this goal. Since alot of pegasus claim to be the fastest/best in all of Equestria; its best to assume that we wont be the only ones goin for the gold. So for that, I'd say its best that we get going as soon as possible" Val said seriously. If he could find enough for two, perhaps he could try and get to the moon. Just to see what its like up there.

Crescent scoffed at Val's assumption.

"Oh please who but me, the one who's already tried, would be crazy to do it? Besides the potion was in the Canterlot archives somepony would have to break in....which we did kinda easily huh...they really should be able to guard that place better from pegasi.

Crescent didnt let this keep him down though. soon enough once they had all the ingredients he would be firing his way to the moon. He wondered what it would feel like going that fast. He would definitely have to wear his flight suit for heat resistance.

"ok so speedster stems in the everfree forrest and where can we get baby blue sapphires? I dont have that kind of money to buy them."

"Im just saying its possible" Val pointed out, trying to stay postive as it might not be for trying to be the fastest flyer in equestria. The liquid could be used to power things!! LIke maybe a super desctuvive laser, or a machine that could create millions of quanties of items at high speed. Snapping out of his thoughts, Val smiled "Well, the baby blue sapphires are underneath canterlot. In some of the hidden caves to be exact". Looking away, he said "BUt we'll have to be careful cause rumor has it that the sapphires are guarded by monsters that havent been around Equestria for a long, long time".

"*sigh* its never easy is it? ah well probly wouldnt be nearly as much fun if it was. Well we're in canterlot now, where is the entrance to these hidden caves?"

Crescent answered his own question once again. all the excitement had him talking far more than usual.

"Well If you knew they wouldnt be hidden now would they. hmmmm I think I know who can help us on this one."

OOC: would it be cool to have someone come in temporarily to play a minor character of theirs?

"Thats the fun of it!! If it were easy, then it would be extremtly boring dont ya think" Val smirked cockily. Looking up, he commented "Hmmm, where the caves are...yeah, I dont know myself. Infact, the entrances are rather difficult to come across". Hearing Crescent saying that he had somepony who could help, Val questioned "Oh yeah? Who"?

OOC: Go ahead :)

"Yeah my soon to be father-in-law Strait Lace very successful business pony lots of connections throughout the city. I'm sure he must know someone who can help us find the cave entraces. C'mon follow me, he lives in an estate on the other side of the city."

Crescent took off towards Lace estates soaring between the steeple and spires of Canterlot's upper class district. He came upon the gardens first tin the unmistakable "L" shape. The massive gardens stretched out from an enormous mansion towards the back of the city. Crescent alighted in the center of the maze where a long glass table was situated and at one end sat a white and grey unicorn, just where Crescent knew he's be.

Following Crescent, Valoren felt something as he stoped in his tracks for a moment. Getting an unsettling feeling, he whirled around and caught sight of somepony ducking out of sight. Whoever it was, was really muscular and tall. Narrowing his eyes suspisicously, Val shrugged as he turned and kept walking. Arriving at the mansion, Val's jaw dropped in shock at the sheer size of it. "A...a..amazing" he managed to get out in a tiny squeek. Shooting Crescent a look of praise, he nodded "Your really lucky to have someone so wealthy to help out whenever you need it". Grinning to himself, he chuckled "Heh, this is gonna be me some day. After Ive traveled all over Equestria, every single tiny spot of it and...and possibly beyond Equestria!! When Im all done with that, I think I may settle in a nice place like this". Following Crescent through the maze, Val blinked as he spotted the white/grey unicorn at the end. Coughing gently to get his attention, he smiled as he greeted "Hello good sir, my name is Valoren Seeker, adventurer/treasure hunter and I am in need of assitances".

Crescent scoffed at the assumption that Strait Lace was so generous with his wealth. The stallion hadnt even given a cent to charity as far as Crescent knew, and the only money that Crescent got from the suave business pony came through his company's sponsorship of his flight team. However despite Strait Lace's parsimonious tendencies he was a good pony and Crescent considered him a friend, even if he didnt have the most welcoming personality. Crescent was busy focusing on dealing with the cold pony to notice the lurker drop out of sight. Strait wasnt much for matters of the heart so it would be best to keep the true nature of their endeavor a secret...or perhaps not. If it was something Strait could profit from then he was certain to be on board.

"Strait isnt exactly the type of pony to help another financially, he's of the 'what doesnt kill you makes you stronger' mentality or smarter and more resourceful in the case finance. Just let me do the talking unless you know how to speak money."

Strait Lace looked up from the book he had been reading only briefly. He had become accustomed to Crescent dropping in unannounced to visit his niece Felicity, but the frequency still didnt make it any less impolite. He returned his attention to his book multitasking as he spoke.

"Crescent how many times have I asked you to enter through the front door?

"At least ten times Mr.Lace."

"And how many times have you?"

"None that I can remember."

"Well its there for a reason please use it next time. Who's your companion?"

"Yeah sure. This is Valoren Seeker, adventurer and stuff, look we have an issue I think you may be interested in helping us with"

Crescent never really enjoyed talking with the business pony. Probably because he was just as stubborn as himself.

"Oh? I didnt realize you were here on business. What can I do for you my boy?"

"Well its a long story but me and Val here need to find the entrance to the ancient crystal mines below canterlot. I figured with all your connections you might know somepony who could point us in the right direction."

Strait Lace took a moment to think and Crescent noticed that Val seemed wary about somthin

"Hey. Whats got you on edge? He's a jerk but he doesnt bite."

Valoren said nothing in response, as he stared back at where the lurker had vanished. Narrowing his eyes down the maze, he shrugged as he told himself "Bah, probably my imagination". Looking at Cresecnt, he smiled weakly as he spoke "Ahh, its nothing. I thought I saw somepony is all". What they didnt know however that Val had been right!! A rather muscular earthpony peeked around the corner as he spied on the group; taking notes on the plans and idea that they were giving out on how to get to the moon. With a smug grin,the earthpony then vanished as fast as he had appeared. "So umm, what sort of help can you provide us with exactly" Val quipped curiously as he wanted to know who exactly he was doing business with.

"Hmph well I can give you the information on a contact of mine, a scientist who required grant money for an expedition into the caverns, money that I provided in return for 20% of anything valuable they found down there other than gems. His name was Cobble Stone a bit scrambled in the brains but a genius of sorts none the less. Had a thing for patterns and cryptograms if I recall properly. Details aside the stallion lives at this address."

He slid a clip board down the long glass table with a single piece of parchment attached. It had the address of the scientist Cobble Stone written very small at the top of the page. It would have seemed strange that he had written so tiny of not for the large print underneath, it said "YOU ARE BEING FOLLOWED, BE CAREFUL" That was strait lace for you, nothing ever got passed him. The message was clear and Crescent quickly folded up the paper with out reading it aloud. He tucked it into an inner jacket pocket and nodded to Strait Lace in thanks, then turned to Val.

"Lets go."

He lowered his goggles and took off quick as a flash waiting for the green pegasus at the tallest part of the mansion where they could talk privately.

Valoren listened intently, as he smiled in relief that they were getting assistance. Val had to admit that what Crescent said was true, Strait was rather abrasive and some what rude; but he wasnt really a jerk. Val had met plenty of jerks through out his life, and most of them were nothing more then. He paused as he looked up idealy, his eye catching movement on top of the mansion before vanishing just as fast. This made him nervous as although Val thrilled for the unknown, it kept him on edge whenever the unknown was after him. Looking down at the clipboard, as he saw the words; it confirmed his fears. They were being followed. But by whom? And for what purpose? Well, that last one was a rather obvious answer. They must be after the same thing that Crescent is. The ingridients at least so that they could preform there own expedition of some sort. Turning to voice his opinions to Crescent, he found him already away from the mansion; eager to let out what he was most lilely thinking. Nodding in thanks to Strait for his help, Val zoomed out of the maze, manuvering at high speed as he left behind himself a streak of green/black. Skidding to a halt next to him, Val commented "Alrighty, we both agree that some pony is following us; problem is we dont know who".

As he listened to Crescent, Val froze as his eye's caught sight of somepony doing something rather suspicious. Namely, lifting bits from unsuspecting ponies wallets and keeping them for himself.

"Could you...hold that thought for a sec" Val asked as he slowly trotted to follow the thief.