Song parodies/covers

SGpony2600

This one goes out to all the other musically inclined members of Equestria. Have you guys ever tried doing covers of some of the songs on the show or have done song parodies about FiM? I've done both, actually, as I've done a cover of the main intro theme and I'm writing a parody of the song Copa Cabana about the series as well (Though I'm thinking of doing a Pinkie tribute in the style of one of those cheesy 80's power ballads).

I'll post the link to the main theme cover here: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Plag ... play979302

As for the Cabana parody and Pinkie tribute, I'll post those in the future.

Nice cover! What guitar do you play? I've certainly tried fooling around with a couple of the songs on the mandolin and I'm seriously tempted to have a go at a cover of Art of the Dress on mandolin and bouzouki. If get sufficiently motivated I'll post the results. :P

My main guitar is a Gibson SG Standard in ebony (Hence my username). My other one is an Axl Les Paul copy I was going to cover with stickers and whatnot. (The former was used in the recording) I plan on covering either Art of the Dress or Pinkie's No Fear song next, but I'll make them a little more elaborate if I can (Audacity hates me right now. :D )

As for the Copa parody, I'm almost finished with it, just have to do the last verse.

P.S. How did you get that Fluttershy on the back of that guitar? I would stand to ponify my case at least.

My main guitar is a Gibson SG Standard in ebony (Hence my username).

Heh! I should have realised that... :D

Sadly, the Fluttershy guitar is by the magic of photoshop :( I wouldn't be averse to putting Fluttershy on a guitar but I don't have the skills to do it. I reckon it would be possible by sanding off the finish, applying some sort of clear coat to seal the wood grain, using a translucent paint/stain for the artwork (to let the grain show through) and then re-finishing. Unfortunately it's way beyond my abilities so I've just had to settle for a photo of one of my guitars and a bit of digital trickery...

Yes, or I could see if I could get some sticker paper, print off Fluttershy (Or in my case, I was going to give mine a new shade of pink, if you get me) and stick it on there (At least the case/my amp)

By the way, Evil Enchantress cover coming right up. It's a bluesy version, however, not Pinkie's rendition by a long shot, though I'm fixing to record Giggle at the Ghostie.