Collaborative Writing opportunity!

Starfox64x

So i started to write a Choose your own adventure fanfic dealing with the season finale from one of the soldiers perspectives... and i've found that it is going to be a looooong process... Even if the story is short, dealing with all the choices it's going to take a lot of time...

But, it gave me a thought on a collaborative effort that we (either people on this board or the net) could do! I'm thinking of taking a general idea (Either a villain, an event, or something) And give the nameless character choices as to where to go and what to do. As choices are added, they are sent off to different people or groups of people to work on bit by bit, slowly adding more and more choices, more and more outcomes and interlocking story arcs.

By the end i would hope to make a huge choose your own adventure story in the my little pony universe!

my only concern is the quality of the writing being bad because one or two people aren't that good... Or that with so many people the project gets too big to keep track of.... Or that the style of writing would change from person to person and seem strange...

or that because one person may have a darker outlook of their choices and another would be mcuh more happy... Although i think that could be dealt with easily enough. when one group finishes their chunk of a story they send it off to another group to check over it and add more outcomes and choices before it goes to print.

but anyway, anyone interested in the idea? anyone want to participate? Any advice on how to organize such a project?

Nopony took the bait yet? But it is such a good idea! I'd love to be a part of this, Mr. Starfox, sir. I can't really help with ideas on how to organize the whole thing, though. Sorry. Although, it seems to me that having a bunch of different outlooks from a few different guards, or eve a lot of guards, can really make the story interesting. I like plots that bounce from character to character and group to group. Having different writing styles involved between characters could also help differentiate them. Maybe use a similar style as The Poured Fire on Us from the Sky, and have each chapter be small and written by a different person in real life for each character. Kind of like a giant RP thread, except edited into a book format?

Nopony took the bait yet? But it is such a good idea! I'd love to be a part of this, Mr. Starfox, sir. I can't really help with ideas on how to organize the whole thing, though. Sorry. Although, it seems to me that having a bunch of different outlooks from a few different guards, or eve a lot of guards, can really make the story interesting. I like plots that bounce from character to character and group to group. Having different writing styles involved between characters could also help differentiate them. Maybe use a similar style as The Poured Fire on Us from the Sky, and have each chapter be small and written by a different person in real life for each character. Kind of like a giant RP thread, except edited into a book format?

Well, that's not exactly how i was thinking it. The soldier/guard thing was going to be my story that i'm already working on, the collab thins i dont know the story for, that would be part of what we get together and discuss.

I'm thinking it would be focused on a single nameless character that woudl be given dozens of choices, and therefore the reader can put themselves into that character's shoes and BECOME that character through the decision making. but because there may be a lot of decisions to be made, and therefor many branching tales and a LOT of writing i think i'll need some help, and i think it woudl be cool to have plenty of people giving their own spin on how this'll go.

As for help, I'd love some! i'm thinking of making a video to advertise and see hwo that works...

That kind of reminds me of the old R.L. Stine books he wrote in second person where you would choose what to do and would then, based off of your decisions at the end of each page, turn to a different page and read on. Those were always fun to do and try to discover new stories in. Would something like that be a good idea for the collaboration?

That kind of reminds me of the old R.L. Stine books he wrote in second person where you would choose what to do and would then, based off of your decisions at the end of each page, turn to a different page and read on. Those were always fun to do and try to discover new stories in. Would something like that be a good idea for the collaboration?

Yeah! that's exactly what i'm doing as a matter of fact! Something like this.

You find yourself at a large cave, it's darkness intimidating you as you approach

-----Head inside (flip to page 54)

-----Look around the entrance first (Flip to page 34

---- Screw this! I'm not going in there! (flip to page 84)

That! Except instead of pages we'd probably number everything so you could just Ctrl F it and go from there.

Very nice! I absolutely LOVED those! I even wrote more than one... but I was only in 5th grade, so it was nothing special ;-) It is a great idea Starfox, keep me posted :D

Thanks for the support! I'll probably make a quick video explaining the basics for advertising purposes... And now that i think about it, this ACTUALLY could be constantly updated... Hell, after its' finished' we could have average joes come in and write their own scenarios to add onto the story so it could potentially grow in size as time goes by!