[XSSP] Xiee's Song Subtitling Projects

Xiee

For a while now I've been doing a personal project of mine. I picked up a subtitling software some months ago that I did for the part time video editing jobs that I did and decided to play around with it. So I started doing the songs that I loved and liked in MLP. Thought I'd share it over here. Criticisms and violent reactions welcome. :D

Programs Used:

- Aegis Sub (for the subtitle/karaoke stuff)

- Sony Vegas Pro 11 (Final rendering of subtitled video)

- Virtual Dub (Incorporation of Subtitles into video)

- Audacity (Fixing minor issues on the sound quality)

Fan song: Proud to be a Brony

Hours worked on: 5

First subtitling project. Everything was off and there were a lot of mistakes on this. And since it was the first time for me to get my hands on the software, it took a little longer than expected to finish.

Song: Becoming Popular

Hours worked on: 2

Now this song was an improvement but the one visible mistake was I got a lot of the lyrics wrong. It was a mistake to trust on just what I heard in the song and not check other sources.

Song: Smile

I really loved this song so I made a karaoke/subtitle version of it. I was improving more and I got everything spot on here but the video was a bit blurry. I was experimenting with filters in Sony Vegas. It didn't turn out well.

Song: Love is in Bloom

Hours worked on: 30 minutes

It was short but I loved this song. I plan on making another version of the subtitles here as I've started to learn more advanced stuff on the software that I use. I also tinkered a bit with the video quality and didn't get what I expected.

Song: BBBFF

Hours worked on: Less than an hour

This was the first subtitling project that prompted me to explore the "karaoke template" system of the software that I use (Aegis sub). I got the lines spot on, but the actual timing of the words needed some improvement. I also managed to get the highest quality video while tinkering with some settings in Sony Vegas Pro.

Song: This Day Aria

This was by far the most challenging project I've done so far. I think I have a few timing issues on the words but I'm just glad the color schemes turned out fine.

• Like 1

Update!

Song: Love is in bloom

Hours worked on: 4

I managed to find a few tutorials on doing effects on the subtitles. This took me longer than usual but the heart effect for this song suited it. This is my favorite song after all on that episode.

• 1 month later...

Update again.

Song: Love is in Bloom - Extended Version

I know the extended version came out a while back but I only got to subtitle it now. I'm also starting to learn how to do stuff much faster and actually make the lyrics sound exactly as it is said through syllables.