off on a new adventure

I wake up and head down to the front desk to pay for my lodging and to tell the lodge owner that i will be leaving within the hour. He takes the emerald as payment and then i go upstairs and put on my newly fixed up vest. "I am so glad that pony, oh what was her name? Ah! Miss Rarity. Yeah that her. I'm glad she fixed up my fest all like brand new. That was mighty kind of her". I start packing my things when i come across the old picture of my sister. i shed a couple of tears and tuck the picture into my vest. As i finish packing up my treasured tool and only friend, my pickaxe, i put on my vest along with packing the few food supplies and water that i could afford with the last few gems i squeezed out of the previous mine i depleted i set out off the lodge of Ponyville and i head out to leave. As i reach the edge of the town i turn back for a moment as the sun rises illuminating the sky a beautiful blend of oranges and blues and i sigh. "I wonder when anypony will actually like to join me. seems everypony has friends but me." I sigh again and i turn to leave the town but i stop at the sound of some shouting that seems to be coming from behind me.

"HEY" I shout as i gallop to catch up with the purple pony. "Hey, why do you only stay here for a day and then leave? I mean someponies and i were actually talking about trying to get you to hang with us but they backed out, though i was not going to cheat even myself on this, therefore i was not going to cheat you on this. OH! Where are my manners? Names Steam Punk. I'm a filly that a wandering inventor. Seems you are a miner with that pickaxe at your side. I've been lookin for someone that could help me get what i need for my new inventions. OH! You also look to be one for adventurous tasks. If you are up to it i know of a mine in ghastly gorge that promises loads of rare gems and tons of ore. Its already equip with rail ways and mine carts along with pickaxe repair kits. Speaking of pickaxe, why is yours the same shade of teal as your hair? OMIGOSH!!! Its made of diamonds isnt it?!? Oh i knew i picked the perfect partner when i chose you! well what do ya say?" All stated long windedly. I now stand leaned slightly forward awaiting an answer.

I think to myself *Finally somepony wants to be my friend* I jump on the opportunity. "I would love to be you're partner. Yes this is a diamond pickaxe, passed down to me from my dad who was killed in a mine but lets not talk about that. I AM adventurous" i smile "and very at that. So about this mine in Ghastly Gorge. What kind of gems are we talkin bout? Emeralds, rubies, topaz? By the way, what kind of things do you invent?" I hint for Steam Punk to follow me to Ghastly Gorge. "By the way, names Diamond Cloud. Its very nice to finally have somepony to venture with."