[Ponyville] The Easy Life (Open)

PonyHooves

Screw Loose

The blue mare stood looking at her reflection in the mirror. Her grey mane was a terrible mess. She smiled as she let out a deep sigh. Screw Loose picked up her brush and tried to neaten up her messy mane. It stayed flat only for a few seconds. After that strands of her mane became displaced at odd angles and her mane looked poofy. Screw Loose chuckled softly to her self. It seemed as though her mane would never do what she wanted it to. The mare knew that she must look somewhat frightful to other pony folk. But she was actually a very nice and caring mare.

After a failed attempt, the comedian left her humble home. Screw Loose looked at the world around her an inhaled each new scent it brought to her nostrils. Ponyville was such a peaceful place to live. Her screw cutie mark shone brightly in the morning sun. The mare began to hum a gentle tune to her self as she made her way to Town Hall. Screw Loose spent half of her time helping others and today was no exception. She already knew what her first job of the day was. Screw Loose had kindly offered to paint Town Hall.

When the mare had arrived at her destination. She slipped on a white coat that she used for painting and some white hoof protectors. She may not have looked like it, but Screw Loose cared about her own personal grooming. She cared so much that she always wore protective clothing with any job she did. The mare grabbed a bucket of paint and climbed up the ladder. She rested the bucked on the stand, before dipping a paint prush into the paint..Screw Loose happily started painting Town Hall while continuing to whistle her little tune.

oL9Za.png

The Mayor had noticed the new paint mare on the job. They had spoken the other day when Screw Loose approached the Mayor asking for the job. The Town Hall was due for a new paint job anyway so she graciously accepted her offer.

"Good morning Screw Loose!" The Mayor said cheerfully. "My my you're up early! I hope you have everything you need?"

The Mayor had arrived at her office 10 minutes before Screw started her work. It was quite odd for her to see somepony this early besides herself and it was a welcoming change amidst all the routine. She saw this as another opportunity to get to know one of the citizens on a personal level. She had always made it a point to personally know everypony in town, and this was no better time than any.

Screw Loose

Screw Loose looked down and saw the Mayor. She seemed to be in such a cheerful mood. It was the cheerful tone that made the blue earth pony feel a sense of warmth in her heart. She also had a great respect for the the Mayor. Her job was so big. Especially, when there was a crisis going on and everypony is in full panic. Thankfully, there was yet to be any sort of crisis today. It was still just a peaceful morning and nopony was in trouble.

"Good morning miss Mayor." Screw Loose replied in an equally cheerful tone. "I like getting an early start to the day... The early morning sun is fresh and the dew drops are still shimmering on the grass. Well, so far I have all of the painting equipment I'll be needing. But I might run out of paint at some point."

The mare continued to paint. She quite enjoyed lending other ponies a helping hoof. It kept her busy when she knew it wasn't time to make one of her odd jokes off to the public. Her cutie mark may have been a screw. But that screw was symbolic of her unusual jokes. Screw Loose called her unusual jokes, performaning jokes. But whatever anypony called it, they would always seem somewhat different in many aspects.

• 2 months later...

[[ Sorry that I failed to reply here. Doing so now to formally exit out of the RP. ]]

The Mayor smiled as the mare continued her work. She was an odd one but she was rather enthusiastic about her work. She reminded herself to pay her extra bits for volunteering the job. She would probably do good in other jobs around town but that had to wait. The Mayor was a busy pony and had to run a few errands aside from her daily routine at work.

"Well, I'll see you later I suppose Screw Loose." Do drop by my office for a chat or two when you have time.

Realizing that she wasn't going to be back until late in the evening, the Mayor changed her mind and decided to pay Screw Loose for the work for the whole day.

"Oh and in case I don't come back in time to see you. Here's what I owe you for today's work and a little extra just in case you run out of paint." She smiled as she hoofed her the bits owed for the days work. "Keep up the good work! Bye!"

She trotted off to her favorite cafe to start off the morning by reading the news and hopefully her regular stroll around town to personally check on the ponyfolk.