Rough'n'Ready

[ Pony Related Character ]

Name: Rough'n'Ready

Species: Earth Pony

Pelt Color: A bright blue slightly faded with age

Mane/Tail Color & Style: Brownish black, lightly streaked with gray. His mane is very short and covered by a khaki slouch hat; he has a short bobtail. Ready also has a mostly-grayed mustache and bushy gray eyebrows.

Eye Color: Blue. He wears a pair of pince-nez glasses with a thin chain on the right side connected to a red bandanna.

Cutie Mark: An Ursa Major pawprint

Physique: Average height with a compact, muscular build. Ready is getting a bit rounder about the midsection as he ages.

Residence: Between various points of Roughrider Ridge as a self-appointed patrol pony.

Motivation: "Well. As a young colt I was quite sickly, and teased for that as well as my glasses, and so I would take nearly any dare to prove how tough I was. Finally, one day the dare was to enter a known Ursa Major cave. The beast was not in residence at the time, and it was years before I realized how fortunate that was; still, I realized that I was unafraid, and at that time I realized that I should use this to explore wild areas and make reports on the movements of dangerous beasts near settlements, driving them off if needed. The beast's pawmark appeared on my flank then, and thus my patrols became my calling."

Likes: A good hard gallop; a nice camp in undeveloped areas; a good strong tea at the end of a gallop, though he won't say know to something stronger still; educating foals about the wild areas and teaching them to survive.

Dislikes: Ponies getting bent out of shape over teasing - granted it CAN go too far, but some light teasing never hurt anypony and made him the stallion he is today; coddling youngsters; ponies who insist on giving him juvenile nicknames based on the Ursa cave incident; the word can't - you ALWAYS can, you just need to find it in you.

Character Summary: A tough, no-nonsense pony, Rough'n'Ready was sickly and asthmatic as a foal and often teased for his glasses and weak body. Rather than hide from this, he became determined to prove himself - training his body with long gallops to raise his endurance, taking on any challenge presented, and becoming a champion brawler amongst the other young stallions of his day. After gaining his cutie mark in the Ursa Major cave, Ready set out to make good on his perceived calling; ever since late colthood he has roamed Roughrider Ridge, determinedly tracking and reporting on dangerous beasts and working on settling disputes in the region's wild settlements, only pausing to help raise his daughter. Ready's filly is near marehood now, as tough as her father and twice as wild (something he tolerates with a mix of pride and exasperation; after all, he can patrol the Ridge or he can control his daughter, but he cannot do both). Though he is beginning to feel his age now, Ready is not yet ready to give up his wild nomadic lifestyle, and continues to be a fixture in the ridge; if you find yourself out there and in need of help, Rough'n'Ready can be counted on to see you through.

((Image coming soon. I will be advertising to see if someone will want to play his daughter, so left her mostly blank-canvas for that. ^.^))