A walk in the woods [OPEN]

Warbrony

((This is my first RP so I apologize if it's not overly great.)

Echo Storm awoke to the feeling of the sun in his face. Light shown upon his camp through the trees. He wasn't expecting much from the day. No travelers had come through the Everfree Forest for weeks. He sat against a rock and let the sun warm his black fur.

"Man, it's a beautiful day today." Echo said with a sigh. "I hope it stays this way."

Echo Storm decided he would get up and head to the trai and watch for ponies in need.

"Just in case anyone does happen bye." Echo thought to himself.

Echo searched for the source of the sound. But suddenly, quiet ruffling was heard in the bushes.

"I had to ask for an exciting day today." Echo grumbled as he moved cautiously along side the trail. The ruffling got closer and closer behind him. He flipped around and saw nothing.

"Great." Echo said with a gulp. "I'm probably surrounded right now."

Echo braced himself for a fight. "Come on out!" he exclaimed.

Cloud picked up the twig and held it in a stance to defend myself, "Why don't you show yourself?" He then heard a rustling noise from a ways away. Cloud didn't feel threatened by the voice anymore, "I'm right here!" He called out, "Whats the problem?"

Echo relaxed slightly. "I'm right over here on the trail. Tell your friend to back off!" Echo commanded. "I don't want anypony to get hurt here."

Echo Flaired his wings out and took a defensive stance, searching for the other ponies that were around him.

Echo saw a blue Pegasus appear from the forest holding a stick and looking quite frightened.

"Would you kindly put down the stick please?" Echo said with a chuckle. "I ain't gonna hurt ya."

Echo motioned for the pony to come towards him.

"So who's your friend?" He asked. "And why's she being all sneaky? I never was gonna hurt anypony."

Echo wore a very smug smile as he called out for the hiding mare to come out.

"I saw you when you first hid in a bush, it's alright to come on out."

Inside his head Cloud was confused, "Okay then..." He turned to a pile of bushes, "Aren't you that one mare, Insanity? Come on out I'm not going to hurt you silly!" Cloud turned back to the other stallion, "Well I'm glad this was all one big misunderstanding, I'm Cloud and you are?"

"And you in the tree." Echo said with a very smug grin. "You don't need to hide. You're actually pretty good at it. You were very hard to keep track of."

Echo looked up into the trees, struggling to get a fix on the mare's exact location. He motioned for her to come down and follow him.

"Could I interest you two in something to eat? I have plenty of food to go around."

Cloud smiled as he heard his stomach growled, "That would be awesome!" He looked up at the tree, "Sorry for surprising you but I recognized you from a while ago." He flew up to it slowly as not to scare her, "I'm Cloud and this isn't the first time I've fallen out of a tree."

Echo chuckled as he put his wings around the two pegasi.

"Woo!" Echo cheered. "Nopony's been coming through here very much lately. Glad I'll have some company."

Echo led the two to his camp and got a fire going. He pulled out a few carrots, potatoes and other vegetables.

"You two like stew?"

Cloud smiled as he looked through the camp then sat down next to Insanity, "Don't worry about it," He knocked a hoof against his head, "If my head were any harder I could use it as a cannon ball." The smell of the stew reminded Cloud that he had been in the forest without much food, "Smells good!"

Echo filled an old air force helmet with water and ingredients and hung it over the fire.

"Haha. Well then you should take these." Echo said as he pulled out a set of four strange metallic objects. "These are grappling claws. I used them back in the air force. They help you cling to the sides of trees. Very useful." Echo tossed the claws to Cloud.

"Insanity." Echo shifted his attention. "You've been awfully quiet. Are you okay?"

Cloud caught the claw and inspected it while mumbling to himself, "Knowing my luck I'd grapple onto a hornets nest. He put them in his satchel and proceeded to eat, "I guess you could say I'm from all over." Cloud ate the chunks from the soup first. He didn't even look at the fire, in all honesty he was trying to avoid looking at it. "Air force huh?" Cloud looked at Echo, "Supposedly my dad was in the air force."

"Wow." Echo said in amazement. "You Uhhhh.... You want some more?"

Echo looked at Insanity. He chuckled and blushed slightly bye the way she looked at him as he slowly sipped his soup. He had never seen a pony eat boiling soup that fast and without feeling pain. He was glad to finally, after all this time, have ponies he could call his friends.