A walk in the woods [OPEN]

Warbrony

Echo returned from the forest out of breath and with a minor leg wound. He limped over to a small white box and pulled out a bandage and wrapped it around his leg.

"Sorry for the delay guys. Just some buisiness I needed to take care of. Echo said, tryin not to draw attention to his wound." So what have you been talking about out here?"

Echo blushed as well. He saw she was looking at his leg.

"I can't say I blame you." Echo chuckled. "A pony living in some tiny little camp in he middle of nowhere and stashing away armor and weapons. I'd be pretty scared too. I'm surprised you stayed this long. Every pony else leaves after I say a word to them."

Echo smiled contently. Walking along the trail with ponies he could call his friends felt like a huge weight had been lifted off of him.

Echo walked with the ponies in silence for a while. His leg began to give him pain and he started limping. He noticed Insanity's red bracers on her legs.

"What's with your bracers?" He asked her. "You haven't taken them off the whole time you've been here."

A chill went through Echo's body as they went through the forest, but he didn't show it. He knew something was watching them, but he couldn't tell what.

Echo smiled.

"I can understand that." He said. "I never liked taking off my battle fatigues in the air force."

Echo started to sweat as another anomaly from the forest cought his attention.

"Wait here you two. Something isn't right." he said.

Echo flew high overhead before diving right back into the forest's thick brush, completely out of sight.

Echo stood in the forest. Alone. He heard a voice address him.

"Long time no see good buddy." Said the voice in a very smug tone. "Did you think you'd be safe out here?"

Echo stood tall as multiple ponies encircled him. He took off into the air, only to be knocked straight down by one of the mysterious attackers. He fell to the ground holding his stomach. His rib was broken. He couldn't get up. He felt a sharp pain to his back, causing a deep cut. Echo passed out moments later, as four ponies walked away from him.

"What?" Cloud walked over to Insanity, "Okay, okay. We can help him." Cloud pulled a lighter out of his satchel, "Here, can you get a fire going?" Cloud smiled, trying to hide his fear. He picked up Echo and brought him over next to the fire pit. "Okay, that's a pretty deep cut."

Echo layed broken on the ground. He regained consciousness briefly as Insanity collected him. His back felt as though it was burning. His chest felt destroyed. He could barely breath while he layed helplessly on the ground. He heard Insanity talking to Cloud in the distance. He tried rolling over, snapping a twig beneath himself. Before passing back out, he managed to mutter out: "Please don't let me die."