A walk in the woods [OPEN]

Warbrony

Echo woke up momentarily to a strange tasting liquid running down his throat. He inhaled deeply and was able to weakly talk to his friends who were standing over him.

"My rib is broken bad." he uttered in a feeble tone.

Echo extended his wing to the two ponies, giving them a greatful and thanking smile. A single tear ran down Echo's face as Insanity finished giving him the rest of the potion.

Echo looks at Insanity deeply in the eyes.

"Yeah.... It does." Echo said with tears in his eyes. "It feels a lot better. I can't thank you enough for this."

Echo embraced Insanity to himself, weeping. He motioned to Cloud for him to join them. His breathing began to improve after Insanity's remedies. His back stopped burning. He felt weak, but better now that he had somepony to hold, for the first time in his life.

"I need to start carrying a suture kit with me," Cloud said then turned to Insanity, "We're lucky to have you here." Cloud went over to Echo, "Get some rest soldier, I'll keep watch tonight." Cloud murmured under his breath, "I guess I'm turning out just like you." He looked at Insanity, "I need you to keep him safe, okay? If things go bad, then you need to leave me behind and run."

Echo let Insanity leave his embrace. He simply sat there and looked at her.

"If you have to leave." He said. "please be careful. I can't live with myself if they come after you and I can't help."

Echo smiled at her as tears continued to pour from his eyes. He turned to Cloud.

"If they come back." he told him. "Leave me. They're after me. Not you."

((OOC: super fast new internets!)IC)

Cloud stood watch over his friends, it was mostly quiet during the night, no wolves or anything to bother them, just the sounds of owls and other nocturnal creatures.

Echo tossed and turned on his bedroll. Every so often he let out a deep groan. His mind filled with worry for his two friends who may be drug into his problem. He worried for Cloud who could be the first to be attacked. He worried for Insanity, who didn't seem like she could put up enough of a fight to deal with these foes. He hoped they would leave him I the marauders returned.

Cloud took out his lighter, after striking it a few times it lit. He could see much better with the small flame creating light, as he was holding it he saw the engraving. "Miss you." He said quietly. When he looked over at his friends he smiled, Insanity had been drooling and Echo was still breathing. Cloud heard the rustling sound in the bushes, but before he could turn around, he was hit over the head and out cold.

Echo lazily opened his eyes and saw Cloud lying unconcious on the ground. He felt something sharp run up his back.

"Too bad for them they met you." A familiar voice said.

Echo looked up at his attacker. Just as he cought sight of him, A rather large hoof hit him square in the face. He was heavily disoriented.

"So Celestia really wasn't a fan of me was she." Echo said to the voice. "She still has you running around after me."

Suddenly, one of the mysterious ponies swept in and grabbed him, carrying him to the thickest parts of the forest.

"Run! Both of you!" He shouted to his friends. hoping they would hear him.

Cloud was able to open his eyes, he saw the thugs grabbing Echo but he was more concerned with what one of them had in his hands. "Give it back!" One of the thugs had his lighter, he tried to get up but he was being held down. "Give it back or else I'll kill you!"

Cloud was able to open his eyes, he saw the thugs grabbing Echo but he was more concerned with what one of them had in his hands. "Give it back!" One of the thugs had his lighter, he tried to get up but he was being held down. "Give it back or else I'll kill you!"

(OOC: Sorry, should have mentioned, Echo was an air force soldier and trained to see hiding ponies. :P)IC:)

Echo started to pass out. Feeling light-headed. His wounds were beginning to give him pain.

"This is what I get for wanting an exciting day." Echo thought to himself and smiled.

After being knocked out for a second time, Cloud awoke and found himself alone. He looked around but no one was to be found, "They took it, they took her." Tears began to form in his eyes and he began silently crying.