A walk in the woods [OPEN]

Warbrony

Cloud was enraged, He took off as fast as he could. Even though he couldn't see the thugs he let his instincts take over. 'When I find them, there won't be anything left.' He listened for any possible noise, the forest was silent due to all of the violence that had just occurred; he heard a rustling and what sounded like voices. He was speeding through the air and laughing, he was insane with anger. "I don't care if I have to burn down the whole forest! I will find you!"

Cloud landed, "I'll give you one chance, give me back what you stole before you're begging me for death." Cloud was smiling and his pupils were minuscule. "I'm on the edge and I'm feeling lucky, so put him down give me back what you took and run." Cloud was shouting without realizing it.

What little energy Echo had was spent on shaking his head at Cloud. He fell off the attacker's back, completely limp.

"Why should we listen to you, kid?" The ring leader asked with a scoff. He nodded at the two others to his left and right. They took off into the sky.

A stocky unicorn stepped out from the group.

"In case you didn't notice." He said. "We have you surrounded and outnumbered. You can't win, boy!"

Cloud began laughing, "I've taken down colts twice your size, and they didn't even take anything from me." Cloud moved closer, "Until you drop the lighter and my friend, I will hunt you down. You can knock me down as much as you want but I'll just keep getting back up and I won't stop until I get whats rightfully mine." He turned around, "And your pathetic posse has no skill compared to me." Cloud pulled something out of his satchel, a military grade combat knife. "So here's your chance, take it or suffer."

The leader smiled. He looked down at Echo.

"I like you." He said. "No one else needs to be hurt. I'm sure Echo here will be happy to explain this when he wakes up. Have a seat."

He looks back at the unicorn.

"Beta, give the boy his lighter back."

Beta, the unicorn, pulled out the lighter and tossed it to Cloud.

"Sit right there." Beta commanded. "where's the other one we saw at the camp?"

Cloud caught the lighter, "I have no clue where she went. Hopefully far away from here." Cloud sat down, "Go ahead, explain yourself." Cloud calmed down, in his mind he was counting his blessings. 'I got you back.'

The leader paced back and forth.

"I'm Alpha. Commander of the Equestrian special forces." he said. "I think ol Echo can explain his just fine."

Alpha shook Echo awake. Echo seemed dazed. He was in excruciating pain. "What's goin on?" he asked as he looked around. "Cloud? I told you to run. These guys will kill you."

"I'm very persuasive." Cloud said, "Look I managed to get some information out of them but if we're both going to survive this I need to know the whole story. Why are they after you?" Cloud whispered, "Look, I have a plan for all of us to get out of here but I need to know the whole story."

Echo's eyes swelled with tears.

"I really gotta say this." he said with a quiver in his voice. "A few years back, I called these stallions my squad-mates. We went on operations and missions that you never dream of. We're the best the military has to offer."

Echo took a deep breath to try to get himself through the revelation.

"I was kicked out because I refused to kidnap a civilian in ponyville. I also refused to bow to Celestia. They booted me out and I came back here. I've been here ever since."

Alpha jumped into Echo's sentence. "And we've been hunting you ever since."

((I think we should wait for Insanity))

Cloud feigned his previous attitude, "Traitors like you deserve no mercy." He turned to Alpha, "Any chance I can a get a drink around here? My head is killing me."

Echo turned slightly to Insanity. A tiny smile began to grow on his face.

"No. But it helps that you stayed with me." He said. He curled up to hide from the world. A tear fell from his eyes and hit the ground. He tried covering his cuts and gashes, but there were too many. He looked over at Insanity with tears in his eyes.

"A-are you g-gonna leave me too I-insanity?" he asked in a scared and soft voice.

Back with the soldiers, Alpha opened a bottle of champagne and offered glasses of it to Cloud and his men.

"We've been trying to get him for three years." He said to Cloud.

"But thanks to you two, we finally got him. He won't survive the night."

He built a small fire and sat down next to it.

Cloud smiled "and here I thought you guys were smart." Cloud threw his drink onto Alpha and grabbed him in a head lock. His lighter was out and was inches away from the leader. "So here's what's going to happen; you're going to let us go, get out of the forest and remember that your a few inches away from a very painful experience."

Alpha grunted in frustration. He was shocked that Cloud was able to hold him. He managed to get out a few words. "Delta! Omega!" he shouted. Two pegasi grabbed Cloud. One by the throat, one by the legs. Beta walked over casually to the struggle. He grabbed Cloud's lighter then moved up to whisper into his ear. "So I'll always have something to remember you by." he said with a devious grin.

Cloud took each hit with a smile "you're weak." He began laughing but then he spoke "just remember what I said about hunting you down; for the rest of your life until you fall to madness!" Cloud looked at his restrainer on his right and lifted him over his head into the other one. "You guys aren't the only ones with special training." He turned around an dashed to Echo when he was about to pick him up he saw Insanity. "Thank Luna your okay, we have to run."

Echo heard galloping behind him. He looked over to see Cloud.

"You!" he shouted. "I should kill you right here."

Echo got to his feet, though still extremely weak and drained, and started limping towards Cloud with a look of fury on his face. He had lost visual of Insanity, but decided to worry about it later.