Oh the Humanity! [OPEN]

Partheus

Notes:

Partheus, my character for this session, is a human, the first to set foot in Equestria for 2000 years. The only person who knows anything about him is Twilight Sparkle, who he has decided to temporarily stay with.

Twilight will be a shared character among everyone in this session, so don't be afraid to write a few lines for the ol' gal, as long as they are consistent with her canon personality. However, keep in mind that I have a specific back story for Partheus, so if you can, try to just make it small talk.

Feel free to roleplay as any character you wish, canon, fanon or your own character, but no humans. Remember, Partheus is supposed to be the only one in Equestria.

Although Partheus is strong, he isn't all-powerful. This goes for everyone else, too. No god-like powers, and no "cheap" spells (I define "cheap" as a technique that takes little effort or power to cast, has no drawbacks, but conveniently solves all of the character's problems).

Besides that, have fun!

The sunshine rolled over the hills and valleys of Equestria. Sweet Apple Acres was alive with a chorus of cockerels sounding the rising of the sun. Ponyville was beginning to stir from it's slumber; early birds already beginning to go through their daily motions, and the postal pegasi delivering mail, occasionally bumping into dim lampposts while doing so. Twilight Sparkle's library, however, was not so serene as one might expect...

"Come on... almost got it... a little more power..." CRASH! Yet another plant pot fell to the ground, shattering and spilling damp soil where it landed. "Grr, come one! What gives? I had it just then!" Partheus had spent the whole night training with Twilight in basic telekinetic magic. He could lift small objects with some competence, but lacked the stability or patience to hold anything up for longer than five seconds at a time. Twilight yawned, looking out of the window. "Partheus, it's dawn. Don't you think we should call it a night, err, day already?"

"No, I've got to get this down. I've almost got it!" He cast his hand at an idle lantern sitting on the table, and focused. The lantern began to jutter, and eventually lifted off the table, slowly floating towards Partheus. "Yes, yes! That's more like it! Just a little closer, and I can-" Just then, there was a knock on the door. Partheus lost his concentration, and dropped the lantern, smashing on the ground and letting loose the fireflies that were imprisoned inside it. Twilight walked over to the door. "I wonder who that could be at this hour?" She yawned again, this time stretching her legs, and opened the door.

(Note: Bowie may be an Earth Pony, but he was once a human before he arrived in this world by accident and transformed by the malfunctioning magic tunnel in his character profile. He has two special abilities that he can still use despite having no horn but draw upon his heroic resolve and strength to use. One of them is a teleport type spell that can bring up to 11 others with him out of a dangerous situation but it usually consumes all his power and leaves him unable to do anything but walk for a few posting rounds as he recovers. The other is amplified by his sword that came with him and was used against a terrible demon. It is a lightning spell that is physically and mentally draining. He can use it twice before he becomes incapable of teleporting.)

Bowie knocked on the door, hearing the crashing noises coming from within. He kept a hoof next to his sword, cautious as he asked, "Hello. Everything alright in there?". He was concerned, maybe they were being robbed and the occupants were hurt and they needed help! He heard a female voice on the other side, but couldn't quite make out what she was saying.

Twilight opened the door to see an earth pony armed with a sword standing outside, looking concerned. "Oh, hello there. Whatever it is you want, can it wait? I'm currently in the process of..." "Come on..." SMASH! "I swear, if I ever find the guy who invented this stupid spell, I will kick him in the shins!" "...Spring cleaning."

The door opened and Bowie was face to face with Twilight Sparkle, the most powerful unicorn of this generation and possibly in all of recorded history. He managed a nervous smile and said, "sorry to disturb you, my name is Bowie and I guess you are Twilight Sparkle right? What I need to discuss with you is extremely important and can't wait.".

"Oh, well I guess if it's that important, come right in." Twilight ushered Bowie into her house, shutting the door behind him. "Alright... steady as she goes... a little to the left..." CRASH! "SON OF A SEA SERPENT!"

Bowie bowed his head in respect and replied, "Thank you.". Entering the house, the first thing be noticed was all the books that seemingly occupied every square inch of the shelves and anywhere they may fit and whistled. "You have a lot of books! It reminds me of Creed's mansion. He had a lot of books too.", he exclaimed wistfully. He removed his sword and leaned it against the wall next to the door as another loud crash and a second voice shout an oath.

His curiosity piqued, he respectfully inquired, "Is someone else here? I mean no disrespect, Twilight but what I am going to tell you is going to sound crazy...". Taking a seat, he opened his saddlebag and removed a large tome entitled "The History of Grans Island and Mainland Parmecia". He held it out to her and said, "This will help you understand my story and why I am here before you. I'll start from the beginning...", he said with a smile as he told the story. He spoke of his original form, human and explained his journey across his homeland and the tragedies that befell them and their kingdom. He told of swords and spells. Of great and terrible monsters like the Kraken and of the towering robot, Taros, that guarded the Caravan and finished with the battle against Zeon, a colossal demonic entity that was plaguing the world with suffering and despair. When his tale was completed, the sun had fully risen and was nearing it's apex in the sky. "... And when I was going to go through the Tunnel to the mainland to visit Mitula, think of her as our planet's Celestia, to give word that we were thriving and to also spread the message of our victory to every village we visited during the war when it malfunctioned and I was knocked unconscious and woke up here, looking like your people and with a mark to match the jeweled chain I wore on my entire journey and the sword used to defeat the evil that plagued my home." He sweat a little, waiting for her to laugh and call him nuts or drunk but his eyes seemed to confirm his tale, they had a weariness to them but also a spark of the young, mischievous teenage swordsman he was when he first embarked on the quest.

Twilight rubbed her chin. "Well, that does sound intriguing. A former human from another dimension, somehow stuck in Equestria as a pony..." "Yes, finally! I got it-" CRASH! "GRAAAAAAAHHH!!!" There came a loud thumping noise from upstairs, followed by a long groan, then heavy footsteps down the stairs. An irate Partheus came down to visit Bowie, with a fresh bruise on his forehead. "Partheus? How did you get tha-" "Headbutted the nearest wall out of anger. It's either that or I start glowing red again, and I think we both agree which is the safer bet." He sat down next to Twilight, trying his best not to look grumpy in front of a guest.

"So, Twilight, care to fill me in? I was kinda busy... training, if you can call it that..." Twilight handed Partheus 'The History of Grans Island and Mainland Parmecia'. Partheus began to read the tome, curious about who the pony sitting in front of him was. After a lengthy reading session and two rounds of hot tea for all, Partheus finished reading the tome. "Wow, so you used to be a human like me? And you also used to go on epic adventures like me? Gosh, that's incredible! But, why are you coming to see us about it? Is there anything we can do to help you get back, perhaps?"

Bowie nodded at Twilight's statement before she was interrupted by another crash and a frustrated shout. Looking towards the stairs, he couldn't believe his eyes! A human walking down the stairs? His eyes widened and a shocked look came across his face as he said, "A h-h-human!? I haven't seen a human face in weeks!". The initial shock over, he smiled at the human.

Several hours and rounds of tea later, Partheus had finished reading the book and asked him several questions about himself and what he wanted from them. He replied, "Yes, I was a human swordsman, bestowed with magical powers as the chosen hero of my kingdom against that dark evil being mentioned in the book. That was the only adventure I partook in before I ended up here. You may think that is incredible but try fighting against monsters and devils for several years and nearly get shot down over the ocean in a flying bird shaped ship by flowers that can fire lasers. Every battle could have been my last, but thanks to all my friends who fought with me against Zeon's dark forces, we prevailed. I guess I came to see you to maybe try to find a way back home or to at least set up a way for our kingdoms to interact with each other as we are a peaceful race. I tried to use my teleport skill but all that happened was I went into what I guess would be, for lack of a better way of explaining it, a void between the dimensions before snapping back here completely exhausted and out of breath." He sighed, talking about his adventure reminded him of all his friends that probably thought he was dead or were still trying to find him. He also wondered if the same thing happened to Max, the warrior who rescued the kingdom of Rune from the Dark Dragon many years before. He shuddered as the face of Zeon came into his mind's eye as if to taunt him, "You may have beaten me but look at how you've been rewarded!"

(OoC: Here is a portrait of Zeon's face, it is in the book as well

e77c2a37.jpg)