Insects and Spiders and the like

Stonetribe

I've always been fascinated by insects and arachnids, ever since I was small it has been one of my three main interests as a child, One being Marine Biology, one being Paleontology , and one being Entomology. I had a plethora of non-fiction books on each and I must have read them all a dozen times, I still have a handbook in fact, identifying different species. Unfortunately though, I have an irrational fear of Wasps, I find them very interesting to look at and watch, but the moment one comes near me I have a fit (even to the point of hitting someone in the face once to get away from one) :lol:

Anyway, I think it's interesting that you've posted this, and I'd love to hear what information you have to offer. So consider your thread stalked :3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I used to have a pet tarantula named "Schmop". He was my best friend, we did everything together. I like most spiders, although I find wolf spiders kind of ugly, I have no problem with them (Wolf spiders are common in old sheds and the like around here)

[colour=#006400]I'm quite fond of all sorts of creepy-crawlies, to be honest; as a vegetarian I have difficulty killing them, but I find that they don't usually bother me too much anyways. They know we are kindred spirits. :razz:

Arachnids I am partial to the most, though; and I like most beetles as well. <3 (Long-nosed weevils, squee!)[/colour]

[colour=#006400]as a vegetarian I have difficulty killing them[/colour]

....you don't have to eat them. (carnivores don't fret about stepping on a strawberry) ;)

Perhaps you have Entomocidephobia and your dietary preference is vegetarian. (Americans, please don't confuse this with Veganism)

• 4 weeks later...