Getting started

Sharptooth

I'm not sure if this is the right place to bring this up, so sorry in advance if it isn't. I don't have much experience with roleplay or with forums, let alone a combination of the two. I want to get comfortable here and participate, but I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to do to get started. Sorry again, I'm just not sure what I should be doing. Thanks for any help!

I think this guide will show you the way!

Crash course:

RPing is like joint-writing a fanfic with other people. We use forum threads as a place to put our stories, and we each have our own characters that we try to portray as if we were that character.

There are several different types of RP here with different rule sets. The guide I linked you to should clarify how those RPs work. For some you'll need to write an application of the character you're interested in playing as; others (like Free for All), you can jump right in!

If you have any further questions, feel free to PM any of the RP Helpstaff. They're super friendly and always willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it. I'll take a look at that guide and let someone know if I have any more questions. Sorry again for the trouble. I tend to get lost in forums. There's a lot going on and I feel overwhelmed. I just went to help section and asked without seeing that there were subsections. Thanks again!