[Seasaddle] Sun, Sand .. and Sprinkles? [Open for now]

CrimsonNova

Satin Ribbon was napping on a blanket in the warm sand on the strange strand of Seasaddle Bay. Her long, carefully groomed mane lay around her as she slept, curled up on the bright pink blanket. She had taken a few days to herself and was quite happy relaxing by herself in the sun.

She opened her eyes slowly and yawned delicately. She sat up and inhaled the pleasant scent of the sea and the sand, and felt a small pang of loneliness as she stretched out on the sand. She had wondered whether this holiday would do wonders in helping her find her own special somepony, but so far all she'd found was a cute ice cream parlour just off the shore.

She pondered getting up for some ice cream, but decided against it. She was very comfortable here, after all. She looked up to the cloudless skies and sighed, stretching her wings lazily. She yearned to be in those skies, but she promised herself she wouldn't do any flying for the next few days; it was a vacation after all.

She proceeded to curl up and head back off to sleep, unaware of the tide slowly coming in. She awoke, minutes later and squealed as she felt the sharp needles of coldness seeping into her coat, and she reared, taking off into the sky, speeding to the land and landing. She looked to her soaked mane and tail, and whined. Her usually beautifully waved mane now hung wet, flat, and trailed to the ground.

"Oh, perfect! Just perfect!"

• 2 weeks later...

Heart Song had nearly been bowled over by the pegasus, only avoiding collision by jumping backwards rather hastily. She giggled a little at the other mare’s indignation, but covered quickly. “I’m sorry,” the pastel-pink earth pony said quietly, “I know I shouldn’t laugh…Do you need help?”

Satin Ribbon looked up from her whining and pouted.

"That's okay, I suppose I do look rather funny," her ears perked up as the earth pony offered help. "You don't have a towel do you?"

Satin grimaced as she looked upon her sopping wet mane and tail again. She hated when her mane wasn't in it's usual style, and falling perfectly along her back. She bit her lip and spluttered out. "Or if not, can you direct me in a place that will?"

Heart song opened her pack, and pulled out her own beach towel, passing it to the pegasus. “Here. I guess I thought I’d go to the beach today, but I don’t feel much like relaxing anyhow.” Her mind drifted, unbidden, to the face of a stallion she once knew. A crazy grin lit his pale, silvery-blue face, and Heart smiled herself, before returning to the present.

“I was just about to grab some ice cream, if you’d like to come while your hair dries. I’m Heart Song, by the way, but you can call me Heart. Everypony does, eventually.”

• 2 months later...

Pumpkin sat on a barstool rather haphazardly as he ate a bit of ice cream. The warm sun felt good on his wings, and the smell of the sea was just what he needed to relax and forget about the sometimes stressfull job of his. His mane was cut short and styled downwards, though he did spike the occasional lock of hair upwards, though not by much. He set an apropriate amount of bits, plus some for tip, on the counter as payment. He turn on the barstool and noticed, off in the distance, two other ponies chatting.

Returning attention to his ice cream, he lapped at it half mindedly, simultaneously just sitting and enjoying the sun.

(I'm going to assume it's open-ended or whatever and that it is just a ways down the beach. I hope that is okay. :) )

Satin gladly took the towel and nodded her thanks while she began to dry off her mane. "What a great start to my vacation, huh?" she glanced back to her wings and shook them out. "I guess its karma or something at work here! My captain is always telling me to get my mane cut, and the one chance I get to get away from him, and it's ruined!" she huffed angrily and pulled her wings back into her sides. "Honestly!"

She realised she was probably being a little bit intimidating, and smiled warmly at the other mare. "Oh, sorry! I'm Satin Ribbon. You might have heard of me. Or maybe you haven't, I don't know how famous we are." she shrugged, and didn't bother to elaborate. "'ll gladly take you up on that offer, however! I love ice cream." she said, with a rather dopey grin.