We Meet Again.. [Fleet and Kicks!]

Colton chuckled along with Fleet's giggling as she flew into a conveniently or rather, inconveniently chunk of cloud. He followed closely behind her back to her place, still with Sparks resting in his mane; Colton making sure that he didn't hit any chunks of cloud either.

Colton stood next to Fleet as he rooted through some of her boxes, chuckling at her sneeze and not long after, Sparks let out a similar, all be it cute and chirpy sneeze. He smirked at Fleet's reason for having so many miscellaneous boxes, "How unfortunate for you." He stated sarcastically as he continued to wonder what Fleet had planned to give him...What she was about to do, Colton couldn't have prepared for in the slightest.

When the mare presented a pair of goggles, Colton wondered at first what significance they had. However as Fleet began to explain more and more, Colton's expression grew more and more astounded. He shook himself and had to get Sparks to peck him to make sure this was real...The bird did it without Colton's consent but the effort was there none the less.

He took the goggles carefully into his hooves, then looked up to Fleet, speechless...for about a few seconds anyway, "Fleet I...I don't know what to say...Wonderbolts...goggles..." The Pegasus once again shook his head but this time afterwards he tried to eye wear on. He didn't put them fully over his eyes, just around his ears and resting in his mane, he cleaned off the dust and looked through them, they were surprisingly clear.

"Wow Fleet...thank you...I don't actually have a pair of goggles myself but...these are amazing. Thank you soo much." He exclaimed happily as he returned the goggles to a lifted position in his mane. Sparks couldn't help himself, he dashed forward and hugged Fleet...though given his size it was more of a splat on her neck with outstretched wings rather than an actual hug.

Fleetfoot laughed heartily as the bird splatted itself against her neck. She nuzzled Sparks gently and smiled at Kicks.

"Ah, don't thank me! Every good flier needs a good pair of goggles!" She blushed and brushed off his thanks. She was glad her little surprise had gone down so well. She was sure that he would have just laughed at the gesture.

She watched as the stallion tried the goggles on and smiled. "Well they sure do look good on ya! It's so strange to think that just a while ago, I met Crescent and he was still only a semi-pro.. Things sure can change in no time!"

Colton couldn't help but laugh along with Fleet as Sparks tried out his 'hug'. After a few moments of making the goggles in a more comfortable position, Colton smiled at Fleet, grateful for his new eye wear.

He also smiled at her attempts to brush off his thanks, Colton used to do that but hadn't really found a need to do that lately, but he didn't push it very far as to thank her again, "Well thanks for the compliment...Oh these are so cool!" He exclaimed happily as he waved Sparks over to come get a close look. However the bird refused and simply nuzzled Fleet back, Colton chuckled at the bird's display of affection and spoke up, "Heh, I think he likes you."

He nodded along with Fleet's last statement, regarding Crescent, "I know...Just shows ya where determination and the right connections can take ya...Anyway, this present is really too much Fleet so...If there's anything you want, or want done, let me know...I mean these aren't just some stock pair these are Wonderbolts goggles...I just feel like I'm getting something for nothing." He remarked eagerly.

• 3 weeks later...

Fleetfoot smiled at the bird and tilted her head. "I'm glad he does! Never did have a pet. Don't have time for one," her face fell a little as she said it. She'd love a pet to fly with on her days off from training, but it would be cruel since training took up almost all of her time. She shook her head and smiled again.

She waved her hoof again. "Honestly, your thanks is more than enough. I just hope that they serve you well in practice," she paused. "You'll need it!"

She burst into peals of laughter, and then wiped her eyes, still giggling. "Ehehe, sorry. You're a good flier, really. I was kidding."

Sparks floated a bit away from Fleet and landed on Colton's shoulder, smiling at the gift his master had received, Colton smiling in return as he adjusted the goggles again. He continued smiling as Fleet told him that his thanks were enough and frowned a little bit when she said she was too busy for a pet, nodding along as she spoke.

"Still though, these are like...Precious I don't feel right just taking the-" Colton was cut off when Fleet had burst into tears of laughter. He and Sparks tilted their heads in unison, wondering what she was laughing at; Then it hit them both that what she said could be perceived as an insult, Colton chuckled along with her and responded.

"No harm, no foul." He stated as he calmed himself down and put the goggles away, "Well...Thanks, these are really appreciated." Colton stated as he patted Sparks again, giving him the signal to go and be affectionate to Fleet again, and that he did, hopping onto her head.

Fleetfoot smiled up at Sparks, keeping her head still so as not to startle him. She was still pondering on her lack of a pet, but looked up when Colton put the goggles away. She cast him a fleeting smile and turned back to kick the boxes she had rooted through earlier back into their aligned positions. She looked at them and then back to Kicks meekly.

"I know I should probably sort through them and get rid of them, but I hate throwing out things that ponies send," she blushed a little and turned away from the stallion, a little embarrassed at her sentimentality.

Colton chuckled as Fleet went onto talk about how she didn't like throwing gifts or fan mail away. Colton wasn't really going to say anything in regards to the dubious amount of out of place boxes; Since the reality was that the pegasus had seen much worse messes than this. He walked over and moved his head around so he could actually look Fleet in the eyes for his response. The pegasus chuckled and spoke.

"I wasn't really going to say anything about the mess, Fleet. Besides, I see no problem with keeping a few memories around. Heck, why do you think I carry this around?" Colton asked rhetorically as he whipped out his travel journal once again before sliding it back into his saddlebags. He proceeded to give her a playful knock on the shoulder before finishing.

"Hey, at least you get fan mail." He stated with a slight smile.

Fleetfoot smiled at his reassurance, and began to sift through some of the boxes half heartedly. "Oh don't you worry, I'm sure in no time you'll be getting fan mail!"

She smiled as she came across a crayon drawing which had obviously been done by a young foal. There was literally everything in these boxes; jewelry, pictures, letters, clothes, toys..

She picked up a rather tatty (and obviously loved by it's previous owner) stuffed toy bear and grinned at Kicks. "I wouldn't give up my teddy bear for a famous pony," she joked, trying to break the small silence as she rooted.

Colton watched with great interest as Fleet began rooting though the various gifts she had received, eyes wide at just the amount of pictures and gifts from no doubt, adoring fans. He couldn't help but smile as he saw the items that were clearly from a younger generation, Sparks' heart nearly exploded as he rested in Colton's mane.

He kept quiet and just looked over some of the things, surprised at that variety as well as the quantity. When Fleet held up the stuffed bear, Colton couldn't help but grin and say something rather out of character for him, "Awww..." He said before covering his mouth in embarrassment. He chuckled in hopes that Fleet would soon forget about the 'Awww' but really the pegasus knew he was kidding himself.

"Yeah, just goes to show what some fans'll do...You remember what foal or filly gave that to you?"

• 2 weeks later...

Fleetfoot racked her brains and tapped her head with her hoof, trying to even remember what the foal had looked like, her eyes widened and she blinked meekly at Kicks. "I.. I can't remember,"

She lowered her head, the item still in her hooves, ashamed that she couldn't even remember the little foal. "I can't believe I don't remember, this is awful. I should make the effort to at least remember my fan's names."

Colton's ears drooped upon Fleet's answer. The pegasus regretted asking that question now, since the fact that Fleet couldn't answer made her visibly upset. Sparks made himself scarce and hid in Colton's mane, leaving the pegasus to deal with the problem on his own. He sighed and walked over to get a closer look at the stuffed bear and the now less chipper Wonderbolt. He sighed once again and put a concerned hoof on her shoulder.

"It's okay Fleet, I was only wondering. I mean it isn't that big of a deal. The 'Bolts have soo many fans I don't think anypony could keep track, and the same for you, you have that many fans as well I'm guessing. I think what matters here is that some kid got to meet their potential hero and gave something they value as a gift. Other celebrities I've heard of would have just thrown that in the trash but at least you've kept it, you may have forgotten who gave it to you but you don't need a name or a face to know that the sincerity or the generosity was there..." Colton finished, hoping his words helped in some way.

Sparks poked his head out of Colton's mane and gave Fleet a very small weak pat on the head with one of his wings.