Flu Shot

Sex:

Male

Stallion

Species:

Unicorn

Appearance:

141pq82.jpg

He has a crimson red coat with rust colored hair and deep blue eyes. His armor is dark green with metallic plates over it. I might get to coloring it later if I have the time.

Physique:

Huge

Cutie Mark:

A red cross with an explosion behind it.

Origin/Residence:

Lived his whole life on the wastes, only settled down once and tried to farm, but had to keep traveling after slavers attacked.

He does odd jobs and random tasks for people around the wastes, usually staying somewhere near Tenpony Tower and the Manehattan ruins since there is always someone at the tower wanting something done.

Motivation:

Helping everypony he can and being generally charitable, keeping the attitude that if you’re generous to somepny then they’ll be more generous to others in the future

S.P.E.C.I.A.L.:

Strength- 10

Perception- 5

Endurance-10

Charisma- 2

Intelligence- 8 (+1)

Agility- 4

Luck- 1

Skills:

Big Guns-100

Stealth-15

Explosives - 90

Lockpicking - 35

Repair - 75

Speech - 15

Barter - 10

Science - 25

Medicine - 100

Unarmed – 70

Melee - 90

Perks (Individual):

Organizer - You are efficient at arranging your inventory in general. This makes it much easier to carry that little extra you’ve always needed. Items with a weight of two or less are considered to weigh half as much for you.

Tough Hide (3) - The brutal experiences of the Equestrian Wasteland have hardened you. You gain +3 to Damage Threshold for each level of this perk you take.

Intense Training – Your experience in the wastes has added 1 to your intelligence.

Doctor’s Orders – Gives unique dialogue options when talking to an injured person. Allows you to replace speech skill with medicine skill in these special situations, using you’re medical knowledge to your advantage in the conversation.

Overkill – Explosions and large caliber bullets deal 20% more damage and cripple enemies easier.

Battlefield Medic – You’re experiences on the battlefield have greatly improved your medical skills. 10 bonus to medicine and it’s easier to heal teammates while under fire.

Perks (Party):

Endure – Hang in there! Whenever a part member drops below 5% health they’re able to hold out longer, giving you more of an opportunity to heal them.

Inventory:

Heavy Combat Armor (custom)

Minigun, sledgehammer, various grenades and mines

health poultices, healing bandages, painkillers, anesthetics, thread and needle

Random but useful scrap, he usually has some with him because he needs it to sell, something along the lines of electrical components and machine parts.

Character Summary:

Recording started:

Is this thing on? Alright, here’s the deal. My name is Flu Shot and I grew up on these wastelands, not that many ponies these days haven’t. Except for those stable dwellers that occasionally stumble their way into this wretched excuse for civilization, but that’s totally different. Anyways, I figured that I should probably make a record of my life, in case anypony stumbled upon it at some point. It’s just that… well, it’s just that I’d hate to be forgotten and disappear into the dust. If somepony, even if it’s just one pony, finds this, then I’ll feel more at rest.

Okay, let’s get started. Both of my parents travelled on a caravan. My dad was a trader while my mom protected it with her excellent marksmanship. Heh, it’s funny, they actually met when the leader of the caravan hired my mom as protection… actually never mind, I can’t see how that’s very funny. Maybe interesting, but not funny. I never settled down in one place, and the ponies that I became closest to were the ones in the caravan. My foalks spent a lot of time teaching me right from wrong in this Celestia forsaken place, and they taught me how to survive in harsh conditions. I probably owe them my life several times over for that.

Other than my parents the pony I was probably closest to was our caravan’s doctor. He was pleasant to chat with and introduced me to medicine, first just talking about the basics as a conversation piece but once I expressed interest he gladly began teaching me. It truly was my passion, and I began to consider myself as a sort of apprentice to him as my work continued. I think my parents were happy that I’d found my special talent, seeing as I’d shown an affinity for being a medic, but it still confused me a little that my cutie mark hadn’t appeared. Back then I figured that there was some other part that I wasn’t getting, so I was content to just work with the doctor and help with the caravan’s needs as much as I could.

When I was an older colt I had to start helping with the wagons, seeing as we didn’t have enough Brahmin for all of them and ponies tended to work in shifts pulling them when they didn’t have more pressing responsibilities to attend to. I figured that it was a good way to make myself useful, and after a while I grew accustomed to the weight of the wagon and found myself enjoying the work. Probably part of the reason I’ve become so strong, now that I think about it, that and the fact that I’ve kept a pretty strict fitness regimen in order to survive the wasteland.

Anyways, I’m guessing that you don’t only want to hear about my childhood, even though they were easily the most relaxed and enjoyable parts of my life. The trouble really started when our caravan was attacked by a particularly large and nasty band of raiders. Our caravan, as heavily protected as it was, was just too good a target for such attacks. We often found ourselves assaulted by gutsy bandits and stupid raiders, but this particular assault was surprising in the fact that the raider ponies were organized… and they had a LOT of firepower. I guess they were too tempted by our supplies and figured that given enough ponies and guns they could take us out. Unfortunately, they were right, and the battle quickly fell into chaos on our side. I tried to help in any way I could’ve, but I had neglected my firearms training in lieu of practicing more medicine. It ended up paying off for me in the end because I took a few bullets to non-essential parts of my body that I patched up later, but I still wonder how things could’ve been different if I had taken more shooting lessons from my mom. Maybe… just maybe I could’ve saved a few other people. That doesn’t quite matter now, because during the fight I remember being overcome with fear and panic. Not knowing what to do next… I ran. I’m not proud of it, and I vowed to never run ever again unless it was to help somepony in some way. I slipped past the attackers in the confusion, and I’m pretty sure that I saw others escape as well. Maybe that’s just wishful thinking, but… never mind. I saw my foalks get gunned down and there was no way I was gonna stick around.

And so began my harsh teenage life on the wastes. Those survival techniques my parents taught me? Yeah, those came in handy. I was able to hang onto life for a few days before coming across a group of those Steel Rangers. I have to say, I wasn’t sure if they were actually Rangers back then. I mean, they sure as hay LOOKED like it, it’s just that their armor was painted partially red and there were apples over the usual sword and gears and the scribes following them around had the same insignia on their coats. But they didn’t act with the same uppity, self-righteous attitude I knew they were notorious for. As soon as they saw me stumble out of the brush, clinging to life as best I could, they moved to help me! It was downright surprising, though greatly appreciated. I insisted on sticking around and aiding them in any way I could, and they were skeptical (probably thought I would be a liability). I tried to convince them, but it only seemed to make them more wary. However, eventually they relented when they saw that I was able to patch up some of their wounded. They probably could’ve done it themselves, and while I still think they were just being charitable, I am not any less thankful. I ended up hanging around with them for a while, mostly because I had nowhere else to go and these Ranger ponies were my best bet for survival. They acted pretty distant, but for the most part were accommodating. I managed to learn a lot about medical treatment with them too, considering reading and talking about medicine with the doctor in my old caravan wasn’t nearly as informative as carrying those teachings out on the battlefield.

I developed a closer relationship with a particular Ranger mare, and before you go ahead making assumptions, NO! I was not “involved” with her. She treated me with the most respect and kindness out of all of them, and she even started teaching me a thing or two about shooting. She gave me a chance to learn, and I proved that I had the potential to handle a gun in a firefight as well as any of them. She even let me use her minigun to practice sometimes, and I have to say, I enjoyed using it a lot more than the other weapons. It just felt so empowering and destructive, something that could be used to tip the odds in your favor… something I wished I’d had when the caravan was attacked earlier.

Unfortunately my time with the Rangers was cut short after learning proper firearm training from the mare. We were heading through some town which had had a computer factory near it (apparently the tech was just too good to pass up for them) and managed to run into another squad of Rangers. These guys were the real deal, their armor unsullied by the paint of the Outcasts (which the mare had told me about, succeeding from the Rangers to actually help Equestria instead of horde valuables like the real Rangers). There were no negotiations, no talking it over, things just erupted into a gunfight. Chaos again, but this time I stood and helped my group in any way I could. I patched up a few ponies who needed it, sprayed covering fire when it was necessary of me, but I had no major role to play in the fight. At least not until I saw my friend get gunned down not too far from me. I can hardly recount it all, I was so distraught and angry. I can hazily recall giving her as much aid as I could, and even when she was gone I kept trying. She had been my one true friend since the caravan, and she was gone. That’s when my anger flared, that deadly emotion which has plagued me ever since. I’m no good at talking to ponies nowadays because my anger flares up at the smallest and most inopportune things. No matter, that doesn’t equate to much if I’m dead while you’re listening to this. During the fight I picked up my friends minigun (most likely a few grenades as well, because I remember causing a few explosions), and needless to say, the enemies were not spared my wrath. I remember felling 3 or 4 ponies, and injuring a few more.

By the time it was over my wrath had dissipated, replaced by a deep and crushing feeling of sadness. I didn’t want to stick around with the Rangers, I wanted to be on my own. They let me grab some supplies from the fallen, and I was careful to only search the bodies of the enemy Rangers. I think they appreciated that show of respect. It was with the scrap that I made my own custom armor, and I took the mingun for my own. I later realized that the violent display of skill and medical prowess had gotten me my cutie mark, the red cross in front of the explosion. This didn’t give me any happiness or consolation, it only made me want to cry more. My special talent was not only healing ponies, but hurting and killing them.

The rest of my life, while filled with conflict, was not nearly as characterizing as these moments here. I found a place scavenging supplies and selling them to different ponies. I’ve healed, helped, and aided those I could, and with a hope that my kindness can change the wastes once I’ve carried on. I learned how to use different weapons, traded for spells that could further my medicine, and gotten myself into and out of some tough situations. It’s all gone by in a blur, but when I really think on it, I can remember all of my experience, and I’ve been happy to do what I’ve done…….

Recording finished

(so sorry for making it sooo long >.< I just got really excited while writing this, and I tried to hold back a bit. I heavily summarized up his life in the end because i felt so guilty for making everything else super duper long and in depth)