Enter Stage Left (Private for hinata2000100

Kitsune

Ever since her "defeat" many months ago, Trixie had been a laughingstock amongst showmares. She had been caught on her boasts, she had allowed her stage and traveling home to be destroyed, and most importantly she had broken character - a sure sign of any bad performer. At first she had tried to convince herself that it wasn't her fault, but the other unicorn, that Twilight Sparkle mare, that she had been shamed. But no, she was just doing what she had to do to save her home. For a while she had blamed those two other particularly dull unicorns, but they were children - their overactive imaginations probably hadn't known any better.

No, what happened at Ponyville was her fault - as much as she hated to admit it. And even though it had caused her much grief and several months in financial peril, even driving her to consider jobs that weren't exactly... desirable... Trixie had finally recovered, at least to some extent.

But this time around she would be more cautious. She had learned from her past mistakes, and she was determined not to make the same mistake that had caused her downfall. A different approach to life, if you will.

First off, Trixie's show had been changed to appeal to children, and through the children she would draw in the older ponies. Second, she had done her research on several myths and legends of the past. She knew her strength lay in storytelling and performing it, but she had realized - boasts that she couldn't back up were never a good idea.

After experiencing some much-needed success in other towns such as Hoofington and a small-scale show in Manehattan, she had finally set her sights on the place where her trials had begun.

Ponyville. The name stung in her mind, still to this day, and for a moment she was uncertain. What could she do differently? What would she do differently, for a better reception? Would... they... be there? Of course they would, but the better question - would they accept her if she confronted them and talked? Or would they drive her out without hesitation?

A lump rose in her throat, and she forced it down before continuing to walk forward. She had to try. The show had to go on.

As Trixie casually walked into the town, her eyes darted from pony to pony. Many recognized her, and she began to feel worse under their stares. Was coming here really the smartest idea? No. No it wasn't. every thought in her mind told her, but still she stood her ground and walked forward. She had to get this over with-

"Trixie? What are you doing back in Ponyville?"

It had been so long since Trixie had heard that voice, but the memory of that night was what had kept the magical unicorn going all this time. Turning her head (and hearing a rather uncomfortable crack in her joints) she found herself face to face with...

"Twilight Sparkle." Trixie said, backpedaling a few steps. The countless times she had imagined how this confrontation could go, and now that she was really talking she was beginning to freeze. "I... I'm..."

She couldn't do it. She was off-guard, as far away from her Great and Powerful persona as she had ever been. She tilted her head down, and her face slowly began to flush red.

Trixie felt like the biggest fool in all of Equestria right about now. But why? She had started to pull herself away from being "Great and Powerful" a few months ago, but why couldn't she just face the purple unicorn and say it to her face?

She opened her mouth to say something, but once again her nerves got the better of her, this time causing her to run off without thinking, almost bumping into a pegasus filly on a scooter carrying her two friends across town.

She didn't get very far though, only just crossing the street before planting her hooves into the ground and almost tripping as her body tried to stop and go at the same time. Forcing down her fears for the time being, she turned around. "Could I please speak with you? In private?"

Trixie felt like the biggest fool in all of Equestria right about now. But why? She had started to pull herself away from being "Great and Powerful" a few months ago, but why couldn't she just face the purple unicorn and say it to her face?

She opened her mouth to say something, but once again her nerves got the better of her, this time causing her to run off without thinking, almost bumping into a pegasus filly on a scooter carrying her two friends across town.

She didn't get very far though, only just crossing the street before planting her hooves into the ground and almost tripping as her body tried to stop and go at the same time. Forcing down her fears for the time being, she turned around. "Could I please speak with you? In private?"

Trixie lead the purple unicorn across Ponyville, but no matter where they went there just wasn't an area private enough for her liking. At last the two of them made their way to an old library in the center of town.

Nopony was there, but a lone owl stood perched atop a rack for holding saddlebags. A sound of snoring could be heard from the other room, and to Trixie it really gave the idea of a library being "dead" a whole new meaning.

But, this was private enough, and so Trixie finally stopped, turning around to look at Twilight. "It's about what happened the last time I was here. I'm sorry for what happened; it's my fault this town would have been destroyed, and all because of some ignorant boast." she told Twilight, her ears lowering. "It took me the better part of last year to realize this and several months later to build up the courage to come back."

"I'll be doing a show later tonight to apologize to Ponyville as a whole, but I felt I needed to tell you personally." she replied.