Billie the Unicorn

Derpy

Hey girls (and bronies)!

billie-01.png

I received my pre-order of Brianne Drouhard's "Billie the Unicorn" today and wanted to share it with my fellow MLP fans on the two pony boards I frequent.

billie-02.png

Drouhard is one of Lauren Faust's cartoonist friends and Billie is her latest published work. The intended audience for the book is children, of course; but like MLP, children at heart will find it just as enjoyable (and adorable). =)

billie-03.png

Billie and her unicorn cousins are Drouhard's own unique creation. They each have their own unique talents that suit their personalities, but Billie is a bit more ambitious than the rest of her family and sets out on her own -- encountering a Queen and even robots (how awesome is that?)! The unique character designs and endearing personalities of all the characters would warm anyone's heart, and I think that many MLP fans would be able to appreciate the characters, story, and artwork.

billie-04.png

Drouhard's whimsical art style is the primary reason I purchased the book (which is saying a lot, since it is a book about unicorns, and that should be enough of a reason). *L* Every page is bursting with vibrant color and lush detail. My pictures don't do her art justice -- it really can't be appreciate until you see it in book form! The world that she created for Billie is a mish-mash of fantasy and science fiction, and my hope is that the book will sell well enough to encourage her into making it a series so that we can see more of it.

billie-05.png

These were included as bonuses for pre-ordering. I thought the little pen and makrer doodle was a nice personalized touch. =) It makes me feel like my copy is really special.

billie-sketch.pngbillie-belong.png

Thanks for reading~

I used to visit Drouhard's blog every day. She's a phenomenal artist, and this book looks amazing.

I love her blog! She posts so much amazing artwork there. The TLU fanart that she posted recently was gorgeous! I wish I could order prints of them somehow (it is my favorite fantasy novel/cartoon from when I was little). :x