Removed by User

He nodded, quickly rising up over the treeline and taking a look around. Thankfully with the sun starting to go down the town wasn't particularly hard to spot, lights from the various windows gave the town a pleasant looking glow. Looking over his shoulder at her he gave a playful smirk. "I'll race ya there!" he said with a grin. "Winner gets to pick where we eat!"

Dusty was probably going to let her pick anyway; he didn't know much about the town, or where any of the places to eat were. She probably knew more about what was a good place and what was a bad one. Besides, he was pretty sure she was going to win, flying super fast or high weren't really his strengths. Still he flapped his wings as hard as he could, heading for the small town, and leaving what looked like a faint cloud of dust behind him as he flew.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dusty saw that she was gaining on him, so decided to give it his all, flapping as hard as he could. It didn't add too much to his speed, but the rush of wind in his face was pleasing. Looking down he saw that they were clear of the forest, now just rolling hills and the occasional tree or two down below. On a whim he rolled over to his left, dropping down low with a laugh. He descended till he was barely a yard or two off the ground, twisting and veering his flight path to stick close to the landscape while avoiding oncoming obstacles. This sort of flying always seemed much more entertaining to him than staying high in the air; it was just so much more fun! He grinned as he followed along the pathway of a stream, wingtips just barely kissing the water and leaving a spray of mist behind him.

Dusty continued flying low, coming up out of the water and zipping over the hills. Still for all his perceived speed and flapping he wasn't gaining any distance on his friend.

It was at this point that Dusty made the mistake of looking around to see where Insanity was. Mere moments after he spotted her, the young pegasus collided head-first with a rather thick tree, causing a resounding 'whump!' As he collapsed to the ground he was rewarded by a shower of leaves and a couple of not quite ripe yet fruit of some sort. It would have been hard for him to say what they were, since he was out cold.

Dusty groaned some time later, opening first one eye, and then the other. He blinked unevenly a couple times, looking around.

"Murgh... " he mumbled incoherently. "Wh.... Wha happen?" he asked. Seeing a couple of campfires and a group of gold colored pegasi around him. Wait.. wait.. just one of each...

Slowly his eyes refocused. "Ugh..... I guess you win the race, huh?" he said with a weak smile. Although to be honest his head was still screaming at him. He didn't feel any actual wound, just an all over headache.

"Yeah, stupid mistake on my part." he says, blinking a few times. After a moment he stood on shaky feet and took a few wobbly steps, "And I will be, once my head clears a bit. Just gotta get back on my feet and moving around a little. " He sounded optimistic, but not entirely sure, hoping that getting some blood flowing would help clear away the headache. "Where are we anyway?" he looked around, realizing for the first time that they were in a cave.

He nodded slightly, only really half hearing what she was saying. Not for wanting to ignore her, of course, but the effort of staying on all four hooves occupied just a bit more of his attention. Still her helping to support him was nice; her feathers were nice and soft. It actually made him a bit embarrassed, his own unkempt coat and feathers probably didn't fee nearly the same to her.

"I-I think I got it now." he said, taking a deep breath and a few slow steps. If nothing else, repeated crashes like that had enabled him to recover fairly quick.

Dusty turned to her when he felt well enough to get moving again. Sure it was pretty late, but a town was probably safer than a cave out in the wilderness. Then he saw that she was sleeping, or at least trying to Deciding to leave her be, he returned to the spot he had been laying at earlier and sat down, watching the campfire for a while until he slowly nodded off.

Dusty was still fast asleep, resting peacefully where he had lay down the previous night. He was fairly silent, apart from the occasional snore that escaped his nose. Somehow his mane and feathers looked even more ruffled and unkempt than before. Currently he was sprawled out on the ground, seeming perfectly comfortable with the floor of the cave.

Finally something seemed to stir the pegasus from his slumber, as his snoring abruptly stopped with an awkward snort. Slowly he blinked his eyes a few times before rubbing them with his hooves. Looking in front of him he saw the small bag sitting there.

"Breakfast in bed huh?" he mumbled, slowly pulling himself up to a sitting position, wings stretching and many joints on his body giving off a satisfying pop. "You didn't have to do that." he says to her with a slight smile. "Thank you though." He reaches his muzzle into the bag, munching on a few. "Sorry about yesterday and all... Guess I really do owe you that meal now." he says with a blush and a chuckle.

"Please? It'd be my pleasure." he said, "After helping me out like this, I gotta do something to return the favor." He ate surprisingly quick, emptying the bag in a matter of minutes, before letting out a satisfied sigh.

"Hmmmm needed that." He said, walking to the mouth of the cave and looking around. "So, if you don't mind me asking, do you not live in town?" he asked, gesturing in what he hoped was the general direction of Ponyville.

"Sure." He replied. "I think I'm good to fly." he gave his wings a few flaps before nodding. "Not gonna do anything stupid this time, I promise." he said with a slightly embarrassed chuckle. A few quick flaps and he was up in the air, following along with her as they headed back toward Ponyville. "I admit I'm not all that familiar with Ponyville. Or Canterlot for that matter." he said as they flew.

"Oh, um yeah. I don't really have a specific home." he said. "I just travel around a lot. parcel delivery and stuff like that." He explains. "Usually I stay at an inn, or just find a cloud to chill on." He blushed a little bit, realizing he had essentially just confessed that he was homeless, before shaking his head. "But um, Ponyville just never really stood out to me, and Canterlot is well... its Canterlot, I'm too much of a scruffy ruffian for that." he chuckles.

He smiled a little and nodded, slowly starting to descend.

"It can be, yeah." he says. "Sometimes its a bit of a pain too. Always fun trying to find your way around somewhere you've never been for the first time." he chuckles. He folded his wings up as his hooves touched the ground, just outside of the outskirts of town. Idly he looked about the unassuming small town with mild curiosity.