Alicorn Initiation.

Starfox64x

So, a thought occurred to me... Maybe being an Alicorn isn't a natural thing.... perhaps there is some form of initiation that turns a regular pony into an alicorn...

I believe this because during the hearths warming eve, there were no alicorns... Then we had two with Celestia and Luna, and then a third with Cadence. now, Cadence COULD have been around during the whole Discord incident and just no have participated... but i find it unlikely that she would avoid a fight like that... not to mention she wasn't mentioned in the Nightmare moon incident... you'd think with her love power she'd remind Luna of her love for her sister...

We didn't see her when Luna came back, But we know she was an alicorn as Twilight sister... so some time between the nightmare moon incident 1000 years ago and to when Twilight was a child, Cadence was turned into an alicorn.

I imagine that when Equestria was still young, a counsel decided that there needed to be a ruler who represented all the pony races. so they got Celestia to rule, however she knew that her extended life would make her leave her sister, so she got her to be turned into one as well. they both ruled over Equestria.

however, after Luna was banished, Celestia needed help, or at least someone to keep her company, so she brought in Cadence and had her initiated into being an alcorn, although she didn't have as much power, magically or politically.

The reason i'm bringing this up is because i'm thinking of a fanfic with Twilight and the other 5 being initiated to be the next rulers of Equestria, so i'm trying to think up back story... what do you think though?

Actually makes much sense. Alicorns are would be the bond between the ponies. A few holes, but nonetheless good. ^_^

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I'd like to hear your holes =3 So that i might fill them up and fix them

I've always had it in my headcanon that Celestia was grooming Twilight to be her successor. Interesting theory, Foxy!

I'm fairly certain you're why i thought the same thing, about her grooming Twilight...

Alicorns - suddenly, the Pony equivalent of Archons.

THE MERGING IS COMPLETE.

AHA I think I've just met a fellow Starcraft fan/player... :D POWER OVERWHELMING

But comparing a alicorn to an archon is not really what he's saying... That would imply that there are two or more ponies being merged together... that would mean Luna, Celestia, and Cadence are made up of a total of at least 6 ponies... Which is weird. :P

I've always had it in my headcanon that Celestia was grooming Twilight to be her successor. Interesting theory, Foxy!

ME TOO! :D

But comparing a alicorn to an archon is not really what he's saying... That would imply that there are two or more ponies being merged together... that would mean Luna, Celestia, and Cadence are made up of a total of at least 6 ponies... Which is weird. :P

Technically NINE ponies, 3 times 3 is 9! Because an alicorn is a combination of an earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus.

ME TOO! :D

Technically NINE ponies, 3 times 3 is 9! Because an alicorn is a combination of an earth pony, a unicorn, and a pegasus.

Well, I did say AT LEAST 6, but you're right, it's nine. Which makes it even MORE weird...

Realization: The mane 6 could make 2 alicorns all together... Perhaps to replace Luna and Celestia?

Yeah, no combinations here... that would be more like one of those sick grimdark stories... Frankenpony... not what i want.