What is a hater?

Dash91

My Auntie is currently living with me, she has four children, her son, a neutral (17) and two that watch the show with me (5 & 6) and a 14 yr old daughter that tries to make me feel bad for watching it ie. calling me gay and stupid, she watched the ticket master with me yesterday and said " that's the most retarded thing I have ever watched, them ponies are retarded" although she knows mane 6 and Ditzy Doo, now I am 21 and don't care what she says but I was just wondering, is she a hater?

Sounds like a 14-year-old acting like a 14-year-old to me. I wouldn't let it get to you!

I suppose I could get into some introspective psychological theory of why she's treating you that way -- erring toward the fact that animation and content designed for girls in her age range is bad, and she hasn't really given FiM a solid chance because of that, even after watching an episode. I also must concede that she simply doesn't like it, impossible as it sounds!

A hater to me carries a completely different definition -- it's someone who ignores any of your positive traits and doesn't like you, and is very vocal about it to others. Does she dislike you as a person because you like pony, or is she just jabbing at the fact you like it, and she could in fact be jealous her other younger siblings are enjoying something that should be meant for her? As a (much) older sibling she wouldn't want to show weakness to the others by watching that silly kids' show with them, and you're just an easier target for her because you're the oldest.

So much for not getting into an introspective psychological theory... :P

You know what I would do, huh huh huh? Play it up with her, using sarcasm and kindness in tandem. Agree with her!

• Like 2