[Ponyville] Cart of Curiosities [Closed]

Skink

skinkscartresize.png

As the sun crept toward late morning, a fresh breeze began to flutter through the town. Grasses bent gently under the flow's kiss, trees ruffling their leaves like peaceful, sleepy birds. It was a beautiful day in Ponyville, but it was not a quiet one. "Cuddly caiman, gorgeous geckos, cute crocodiles, sumptuous snakes, magnificent monitors, precious pythons, beautiful boas," an enthusiastic voice listed to all around. "Magnificent reptiles from around the world, from the far reaches of Equestria and beyond! I have many right here in this cart, and more to see than that! Guides on their care, supplies to keep them healthy, anything you could possibly need to keep your peculiar pet happy with you! That's all you need, after all, I know it won't take extra for you to be happy with it! I've got the finest specimens in all the land!" The orange pony's voice competed with the rattling of the supplies in her cart, heat lamps waving to and fro and hitting one another, carefully displayed supplies jittering in their spot on the shelf as she pulled the cart along. A roof of sorts covered the top of the cart, but if one took more than a quick glance they would see it doubled as a row of caging. Small lizards and snakes sat in the cubicles, looking out at the foreign market with curiosity. Looming over it all, uncaged, was a massive lizard, longer than any pony and rather girthy. It seemed rather bored, stark contrast to the excited looking cart puller.

"I'm only in town for casual business for a few days, but if you miss me, I can even ship supplies and live pets straight to you with my very own trained birds! You're dealing with the safest and best when you deal with me! I've got the longest health guarantee in Equestria and I'll provide you follow up support! Or you can always come on by just to look. Want to see if snakes are really slimy? I'll let you touch one, if you'd like!" Skink called with a broad grin, picking up the pace as she neared the center of town, settling by more native carts with a grin. She had originally come to Ponyville to examine a rather rare reptile before going ahead and purchasing it, but no need to take the time off, right?

Trotting out of the local hotel was CookieSweets her eyes still droopy and her mane was tossed all over she was up late last night going through her business schedule for today and the sort of cookies she was going to pitch to these buyers. Cookie wished she had an associate to help her with these sorts of days as she shook her head trying her best to pull herself together she heard somepony was calling out talking about something she wasn't quite sure what, but when she heard 'Finest specimen in all the land' Cookie was very tempted to pay this pony a quick visit. 'I don't know I don't need a pet they are all messy. . . .' she thought to herself conflicted on if she should get a pet or not 'But this pony promises it's the finest specimen around it might be good to get something to keep me company on these long business trips. . . . ' as soon as Cookie thought that her hooves started trotting in the direction of the carts jingle and jangle. When Cookie turned a corner she was amazed at what she saw a pony pulling along a large cart with an even larger reptile on the roof of it before the other Mare could see her Cookie dived back behind the corner wide eyed and hair even more messier than before. 'Reptiles? That mare is selling reptiles! I don't know if I can deal with a reptile as a pet they seem even more high maintenance then a regular furry pet!' she thought frantically but soon it seemed to make sense maybe she should at least find out more about these reptiles. Pulling a brush out of her travel bag and brushing her tangled hair Cookie worked up enough nerve to call out "Excuse me! Madam I would like to have a look at those. . . . . pets of yours"

Skink gave a grin to the stranger mare as she rounded the corner, her speech done as she settled her cart in tot he chosen nook. It was nice to have a customer on the first call! However she could tell from those dinner plate eyes and the ever-increasing frizz of her mane that she was a nervous gal about the reptiles. She gave CookieSweets a comforting smile when she asked to see the pets, nodding. "Yes ma'am! No offense, you seem a might nervous, so I'll start you with something sweet and small, alright?" The pegasus shuffled from her hold to the cart, allowing it to balance with a wavering thunk, startling the monitor atop the contraption. "Nothing like ol' Sprite up there. He's a sweet thing but a little big, yeah? Lizards come smaller and cuter than him, though!" While the pony busied herself rearing up and opening a cage to coo at the inhabitant, the water monitor above gave her an insulted look. Something cuter than him? She couldn't be serious! Skink soon came back around, one hoof raised as she jostled over on three. Atop her raised leg rested a gentle looking Leopard Gecko. Small, smiling, spotted and yellow, just all around cute and hardly threatening looking! Between the pegasi's eyes was a second lizard, a different species. It was an equally smiley looking Crested Gecko. "This one here is a leopard gecko," she said with a slight sway of her hoof, "one of the friendliest and easiest reptiles to care for. Just needs a light n some hiding spots, and they eat 3 or 4 crickets every other day.. and if that's not easy enough.." She went cross eyed, trying to focus on the gecko perched there. "There's crested geckos! They do best at room temperature. They don't need to eat crickets and only should rarely.. they do better with a special powder mixed with water every evening. Leos stay on the ground and have eyelids, and crested geckos can climb walls and have to lick their eyes, but they are both geckos alright." The seller leaned forward, cautiously offering the lizards to the nervous looking pony. "You can touch them if you want. They will come to you if you let them."

As Skink went rummaging through her cart looking for a nice pet to start her off with her attention was drawn to the huge living lizard ontop of the semi-large cart, Cookie thought it was just a topper decoration but now that she knew it was real it unsettled her, thinking of what a big lizard it was and what it could possibly do to a tiny pony like herself. Taking a few steps back to give it space. "Ah. . . . um what is th-the species for that big fellow on top of your cart there?" she asked trying to make conversation Cookie was still scared until the other Pegasus pulled out a beautiful yellow and black spots she never thought something so eerie could look that adorable and then she looked at the lizard on the Mare's face giggling slightly as the pegasus went cross-eyed just to see who's there. Cookie had to admit those were adorable little scaly creatures and she wanted one. "Is it possible that the um leopard gecko and crested gecko can live together? They are both so adorable I don't know who to choose!" she exclaimed while she took the leopard gecko onto her hoof and placing it on her shoulder it moved a little but settled it's self right between her shoulder blades for a moment she felt complete to have something with her and some pony or lizard in this case to talk too "I think I'll see how I do with this one first and then possibly if those two can co-exist together I'll get that other cute little fellow as well so I won't feel as lonely as I do on my business trip" taking the carefully taking the crested gecko and handing it back to the mare. CookieSweets was still wary of the better creature on the cart but not as scared. "Oh how rude of me my name is CookieSweets and I run a cookie shop in Manehatten"

A curly-maned pink earth pony bounced happily down the road, taking her pet alligator for a walk. She hummed to herself, enjoying the pleasant day until her wandering gaze settled on the most fantastic sight she had seen in at least a week, maybe even more. She gasped and lept into the air, her eyes going wide before she dashed toward the big cart filled with reptiles.

While Pinkie Pie had been walking, Gummy had been resting lazily on her back, his 'walk' actually being more of a sun bath. When she jumped, he was given a rude awakening, and he reflexively grabbed a mouthful of Pinkie's curly mane, yanking him along for the ride.

"Oh my gosh you have reptiles!? Do ya have any alligators like my Gummy here, do ya, do ya, 'cause my poor widdle Gummy hasn't even met another alligator before, though I don't think he's met any other kinds of lizards before either, well, except Spike of course, though I don't think he really counts 'cause dragons can talk and all, but even though Gummy's got tons of friends like me I sometimes think he might be lonely being the only lizard around, can he meet some of them?"

With scarcely a pause for breath, Pinkie continued. "Oooh, I wish I could buy one, but Mrs. Cake explicitly forbade me from getting any more reptiles when I got Gummy, she said 'Pinkie Pie, that thing can stay, but keep it out of my bathroom, and don't bring home any more reptiles, please, one is enough.' and I was all 'awwwwwww' and she was all 'grrr' but she's the boss and at least I got to keep him, even though he scares ponies sometimes, I mean, I don't know why, he's not scary at all, he's got no teeth and he's just the nicest sweetest little guy ever, not like that cat Rarity's got, she can be a real meaniepants sometimes. The cat, I mean, not Rarity, Rarity's super nice and generous, though she does get kinda angry sometimes, but usually only when people really deserve it."

As Pinkie rambled on and on, Gummy simply stood on her back, looking nonplussed.

(ooc): Just got approved to play Granny Smith, so here she comes!

episodeone095.jpg

This was a very good day for Granny Smith. She woke up feeling very spry and since she had all her chores caught up at Sweet Apple Acres, decided she'd take a stroll into town to do some shopping. Not moving as fast as she used to, the trip took longer than she anticipated. After taking a rest on a bench in the park, the green furred older mare continued her trip. It was then that she spotted the reptile cart and the crowd that was beginning to gather around it.

"Lands sakes! Wonder what all that commotion's about?" she said. "What in the name of apple cobbler is that thar contraption?"

Slowly, the elderly mare ambled over to the cart and managed to work her way up to the front of the crowd.

"Hay thar youngin'!" she called out to Skink, "Whatcha doin' with all them thar scaly critters? Don'tcha know them things is dangerous?"

Skink smiled, nodding her head at Sprite after the crested gecko was carefully plucked from her face. "He is a Water Monitor! They are one of the largest lizard species in the world. I raised him since he was a cute little baby. He's like my son. Don't worry about him, he wouldn't hurt anypony." The crested gecko gazed up at CookieSweets as it was held, its throat bobbing to and fro with its silent, excited breath, clinging to her with its sticky little feet. It licked its nose, the tongue surprisingly flat with no fork at all. "They can't be housed together, unfortunately. Leopard geckos need it hotter than crested geckos like. But when that crested gecko you have there is a female. You can keep it with another female crested gecko if you want! They don't really need another lizard, though. They are the better choice for traveling companions since they don't need special heating in the spring and summer and have easier to transport food." The leopard gecko clambered on to and about the new pony, its tiny, harmless claws tickling through her fur, testing the air with its tongue as it explored. It seemed much bolder than the quiet crested gecko, pressing its head against her to see if it could burrow there. Skink opened her mouth to continue talking about their care, but she was suddenly bombarded with noise and pink.

The vendor turned to watch as Pinkie Pie fired off her story about Gummy, looking between the earth pony and her crocodilian companion with a slight deer-in-the-headlights look. "I didn't bring any gators unfortuanetly, they-" Oh, she had more to say! The pegasus smiled and listened patiently, nodding. She seemed a little stunned at the mention of no teeth, however. "An alligator with no teeth? They usually grow them in after the first few months of age. It must be a genetic defect. He's lucky to have a pony like you taking care of him, I'm glad your boss didn't kick him in to the streets.. he wouldn't survive in the wild." She moved over, examining Gummy closely. Usually a lack of teeth was really tied to poor diet and calcium deficiency, but lucky Gummy here seemed to have good weight and clear (though admitably distant) eyes. "Well miss, ah-" she paused, mentally plucking through Pinkie's rambling for a title, "Pinkie Pie, you've done a good job raising Gummy here, he loo-" Oh! Suddenly she was being called to! However this voice was spouting less pleasant words than her current visitors.

Skink turned to Granny Smith with a wry look, obviously having heard such things before. She smiled as politely as she could manage, but it seemed an effort for her. "I'm sorry ma'am, but my animals are all safe. I don't take dangerous animals with me on my business trips, I only sell them to experienced handlers. All the creatures on this cart are completely harmless." THUD. Sprite flopped off the roof of the cart, slowly tromping his way over to the pegasus and Granny Smith. "Even sprite here ain't nothin' but a harmless puppy dog!" As his owner spoke, Sprite flicked his tongue in the older mare's direction, looking curious. "I promise there is no reason to be afraid of these scaly critters, or most of them, really.. rumors of them being vicious are myths." It sounded like something she had explained several times before. Perhaps a common fear to confront in her line of business.

As Skink explained the care of a crested gecko and a leopard gecko she looked at how the crested gecko was acting it was as timid as she was and couldn't help but feel sympathy for it, then Cookie looked back at the leopard gecko walking around on her back she giggled because of the feet and little claws were tickling her. It was a tough decision but she might go with the crested gecko over the leopard "Do you have any snakes that are as easy to maintenance a crested gec-" the rest of her sentence cut off by a bouncing bundle of happiness. Startled Cookie looked over to see a pink pony with cotton candy type hair she looked about as hyper and playful as she seemed as she examined the Pink mare she noticed a green creature it sorta looked like a. . . . . . ALLIGATOR! Cookie began to panic until she was told about how it had no teeth and seeing that it was a baby it couldn't do no harm she calmed herself down as she listened to Pinkie's story about all these other ponies who Cookie had no idea whom they were.

When Cookie tried to ask her question again they were interrupted again this time by a very old mare she walked slowly but her eyes shown she was ready to buck anything that tried to cross her. As Skink spoke with her Cookie took it upon herself to give the toothless gator a look her pace quickened as the giant water monitor whom the vendor called Sprite flopped onto the ground and hobbled over to his pony companion. She placed the crested gecko in her mane as she asked the bouncing pink pony now known as Pinkie Pie about her little gator "Excuse me Pinkie Pie was it? Why does this little fellow not have any teeth? Oh and my name is CookieSweets." bowing slightly as she introduced herself and making sure the two geckos on her don't fall.

"Hi Granny Smith," said Pinkie Pie cheerfully while completely ignoring the old mare's warnings. She grabbed Gummy off her back and sat him down next to the big lizard. "There you go, now you can make a new friend!"

Pinkie turned her attention to Cookie Sweets. "Yep, that's me. I don't really know why he doesn't have any teeth. It makes feeding him kind of difficult..." Pinkie trailed off and a faraway look came over her for a moment. She shuddered briefly before changing the subject. "Cookie, huh? I don't think I know anypony by that name, you must be from out of town. I know pretty much everypony in Ponyville. I don't know you either, miss lizard salespony." Pinkie smiled happily at Skink, whom she had not yet associated with the name written atop the cart.

"Pinkameena Diane Pie?" Granny Smith said, refocusing her tired eyes. "MY have you ever grown!"

The elderly lime furred mare then turned to look up at Skink.

"Young lady! Scaly critters ain't nuthin' to take fer granted! Why, the last time I came to Ponyville, I saw a rattler hidin' in an apple cart! One of them furry kinds too! Durn near scared me outta my skin! And furthermore.."

Granny Smith was interrupted by the sudden landing and appearance of Sprite on the ground, moving towards her.

"EEEEEEKKKKKKK! SCALY CRITTER ON THE LOOSE! HEAD FOR THE HILLS, EVERYPONY! RUN!" the gray maned pony panicked, leaping straight up into the air at a surprising height before landing facing the opposite direction. Trying to run away, the wobbly legged mare moved at a snail's pace, uanble to flee as fast as she wanted and not getting very far away from the cart or Sprite.

the gray maned pony panicked, leaping straight up into the air at a surprising height before landing facing the opposite direction. Trying to run away, the wobbly legged mare moved at a snail's pace, uanble to flee as fast as she wanted and not getting very far away from the cart or Sprite.

((I have to interrupt here but that was hilarious. That's all I see is Granny Smity trying to run away with her old self XD))

the gray maned pony panicked, leaping straight up into the air at a surprising height before landing facing the opposite direction. Trying to run away, the wobbly legged mare moved at a snail's pace, uanble to flee as fast as she wanted and not getting very far away from the cart or Sprite.

((I have to interrupt here but that was hilarious. That's all I see is Granny Smity trying to run away with her old self XD))

(ooc): Well, this is very much 'in character' for her, pretty much how she reacted in "Griffin the Brush Off" when Gilda frightened her with her tail. If Granny's scared of a 'rattler' in an apple cart, she's bound to be frightened by Sprite leaping down and walking towards her too!

Skink only managed to nod at CookieSweets when she was asked a question, acknowledging her curiosity, but her attention was being stolen by the old mare. Her brows raised as she heard tell of a "furry" rattlesnake. Perhaps her eyes were going bad on her. "I'm afraid there's no furry rattlesnake species ma'am, I've got a decent collection of them at home and-" Oh, oh dear, Sprite had gone and spooked the old goat unintentionally. After a moment of bemused spectatorship, the pegasus finally flapped up and fluttered over to the elderly pony. "It's alright! He is a friend. Sprite is a good lizard, he is very well behaved and thinks he's a dog. You're not afraid of dogs, are you?" She peered around Granny Smith at Sprite, giving him an expectant look.

Sprite looked a bit put on the spot. Who, him? Now? He looked at Gummy, then back at his keeper. Sure, make him embarrass himself in front of another large reptile species. However, on delayed command he flopped his tongue out, fake panting and waggling his butt to and fro. It seems the pair had gotten used to familiarizing him with more accepted species to keep from causing heart attacks. He made attempts to look sweet at Granny Smith, but the second she would look away he would drop to his belly and be still again, giving Gummy an unamused, apologetic glance.

As Pinkie's attention shifted back to her, the cart puller nodded. "I'm Skink. I'm from Fillydelphia, I'm just here for a short trip. I do have some pretty easy to care for snakes with me, CookieSweets, but I'd like to respect this fillie here's fear of them and not take one out while she's around." She nodded at the old apple gal, grinning.

"Oh it's okay I can wait I guess I'll get a little better acquainted with these little fellows!" CookieSweets chimed placing crested gecko on the back of her ear, the added weight made her ear bend forward a bit. She looked behind her to see how the leopard gecko was doing the cute little creature was relaxing along Cookie's spine sort of sun bathing she looked up at the sun shielding her eyes with a hoof her voice was low and soft when she spoke "Yea Celestia really made today a wonderful day for a sunbath huh little one?" the little lizard only looked at her with wide eyes she smiled and trotted back over to Pinkie once again "So what do you do around here Pinkie? Do you live here? Well one would guess so since the lovely old mare over there knows you" she smiled sweetly and looked at Granny Smith "It's okay Granny these little creatures she's carrying are as sweet as honey I was just as skeptic as you was 10 minutes ago till I met these little fellas and that big fella" she motioned then lizards that are resting on her and Sprite to show who she was speaking about.

Pinkie looked aghast at Granny Smith. "I've grown? Oh no!" She poked at her stomach with one hoof. "Mrs. Cake is always saying I'll start getting fat if I don't eat healthier. Hmm... nah, I can live with this," she said after a moment. She pondered for a moment if she should tell Granny Smith that the 'furry rattler' had been a mean prank, but decided against it, not wanting to embarrass the old mare.

She forgot all about it when the big lizard started acting like a dog. "Awwwww, that's sooooo cute!" She bounded over to Sprite and hugged him. She then bounced back up to address the out-of-towners.

"Skink, hee hee, that's a funny name. Skinkskinkskink." Pinkie broke out giggling for a moment. "Oh, sorry, I don't mean to make fun of it, really. It's just fun to say. Anyway, I live over at Sugarcube Corner, I get to bake stuff and eat sweets and my friends like to hang out there, ooh and one time Princess Celestia came by for lunch. She's a hoot!"

As the panicked gray maned pony was SLOWLY trying to run away, Skink fluttered above her and CookieSweets standing beside her calmly explained how these reptiles were safe and non-threatening. Their words calmed Granny Smith to the point where she stopped 'running' and turned around. The lime green elderly mare then looked down at Sprite.

"Awww! Now that I'm gittin' a good look-see at'm, that scaly critter ain't so bad. Least-wise that one's got legs. It's the ones with no legs that'll git ya if'n ya ain't careful! I can recolect long ago back when I was a young filly, I got face to face with a fierce lookin' stripy snake! Them stripy snakes is a heap of trouble if they gits into the house. Anyway, I scared the dickins outta him with my famous Granny stare! Wanna see it?"

Granny Smith's facial expression changed, her eyes 'bugging out' and her cheeks getting all puffed out before her face went back to normal.

"Now that's how ya scare the willies outta mean, angry critters. Works on grandkids too, jist ask AppleJack, Big MacIntosh or Applebloom! Y'all ain't sellin' none of them thar stripy snakes, is ya?"

Sprite seemed a bit intimidated by Pinkie's energy level as she bounced over, looking surprised as he was hugged, but he hung limply in her grip. Ponies were strange. His owner was able to come down to his level, but all this squawking and bouncing and hugging from the pink and green ones.. at least CookieSweets seemed normal.

Skink grinned nervously as Pinkie Pie fired off her name rapidly, a little bamboozled. Even she couldn't say her name that fast. This girl had some practice with speed, that much was certain. "I heard about Sugarcube Corners from the pony I came here to do business with. It sounds like he's a fan of your vanilla strawberry cakes. You must be as good as he said if Princess Celestia visited! I hope the shop is open since you seem to have the day off." She glanced at CookieSweets, keeping a close eye on the reptiles. The crested gecko was busy kneading his grippy fingers at the mare's ear like a cat does to a nice pillow, and the leopard gecko was simply enjoying the warm, safe basking spot. Good! they were behaving themselves. They must feel comfortable around her.

"Well.. no, I don't have any striped snakes on my cart today. I have some spotted ones, but no stripes." Skink insisted, knowing that was likely as far as she would get in convincing the older mare to not be frightened. "Most reptiles are pretty friendly to every pony, though. Don't worry ma'am, i don't have anything that'll hurt you." Sprite rolled his eyes n Granny Smith's direction, turning a yeah-duh look her way, only to see her eyes bulging and her cheeks puffed. She looked about ready to burst! Was she going to puke? Maybe she shot blood out of her eyes like horny toads. Any answer he could come up with was a disturbing one. He looked rather alienated, eyes round and diverting his glance to empty ground before sloooowly walking backwards and parking himself behind Skink. Whatever it was, it had effectively freaked him out. Skink snorted, trying to stifle her giggles and failing. "It definitely seems to work."

(OOC: Sorry man I HAD to draw Granny Smith's hate beam face grannysmith.png Y U IN MY HOUSE SNAKE?!)

• 2 weeks later...
(OOC: Sorry man I HAD to draw Granny Smith's hate beam face grannysmith.png Y U IN MY HOUSE SNAKE?!)

(ooc: Don't apologize! I LOVE THIS!!!! I am honored that you drew this! Thank you!!!!)

• 2 weeks later...

CookieSweets' ears twitched when she heard the word 'bake' she then headed over to Pinkie's side a twinkle of excitement noticeable in her blue eyes "Did you say bake? I love to bake! It's actually my job out in Manehatten that's where my shop is it's called 'Sweet Cookies' a silly name I know but I thought it was a cute play on words with my name you know?" she spoke with much passion and happiness in her voice while she was talking to quirky Pink mare. Her happiness soon faded when Cookie caught a glimpse of Granny Smith's Granny stare it was so odd and out of place that she thought something was wrong with the elderly mare but was soon comforted to know that she was fine.

Cookie's attention soon turned back to Skink "Since it looks as if Miss Granny Smith is fine around these little creatures is it alright now if you showed me some of your snakes? I would love to keep one of these lizards, however I think I should see if there might be another choice for me." she commented although Cookie felt a little sad that she may not take one of them home they were so cute the one on her ear just seem so well behaved and the one on her back seemed energetic enough to keep her happy then the thought occurred to her "Actually maybe you can help me decide which of these will be best for travel since that is what I wanted in the first place" laughing at her own forgetfulness.

"Aw, reptiles with no legs aren't so bad. There was one in the Everfree Forest who was pretty nice. Though he did have arms, so maybe that doesn't count." She paused, pondering for a moment. "Sea serpents are reptiles, aren't they? Well, I guess he'd be more of a river serpent. Anyway, the snakes you really gotta worry about are the ones with chickens for heads."

She shook her head, dismissing that line of thought. "Sugarcube Corner is open, yes. I just have the day off today." She grinned at Cookie's mention of her love of baking. "Me too! We should trade recipes some time! Like my super secret special savory sweet spicy sasparilla sugar salt scones! They're like all the best flavors all at once! Mmm... I could go for some of those right now, in fact." She licked her lips. The mere fact that every other pony who had tried them hated them hadn't dampened her enthusiasm for that particular experiment one bit.

Granny Smith nodded with satisfaction at the group of fillies and reptiles around her. The elderly mare is caught off guard by the fast talking energetic pink pony nearby.

"Lands sake, Pinky! Did somepony fill your feedbag with sugar?" the lime green mare asked before giggling. "Foals today!"

Now Granny Smith directed her attention towards CookieSweets.

"Did I hear tell that you're a baker? Great way to git established and popular with ponyfolk! I can remember when I was a foal and other ponies laughed at me cause of my name. I decided I'd show'm all and entered my homemade apple pies into a Pie Judging Contest at the Ponyville County Fair! No one could believe that a foal as young as me could've one First Prize, but I dunnit! Got my cutie mark that day too, along with a lot of respect! Keep on baking, kido!"

Then the gray maned mare walked over to Skink.

"Youngin', I have badly misjudged you and your critters. I hope you can forgive an old gray mare that ain't what she used to be. Don't think I could buy one of them thar reptiles to take home. My granddaughter Applejack's dog Wyonna don't take too kindly to strange critters she can't round up or corral. If'n ya do run into any stripey snakes, use my stare on'm! Works every time!"

• 4 weeks later...

(ooc): Informational post.

I am pulling Granny Smith from this RP due to it's slow movement. Just say she 'went back home' if you like. I regret having to make this move.

Read this blog entry for more details about why I am doing this: http://www.canterlot...y-im-making-it/