• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name: Red Cross

Alias: Doc

Sex:Male

Species: Unicorn

​Appearance: a white stallion with red, scruffy mane and tail. His eyes are blue, and he stands at a short and lean stature.

Physique: lean

Origin/residence: Low town Marelia

Motivation: helping others.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. :

Strength - 5

Perception - 5

Endurance - 5

Charisma - 5

Intelligence - 10

Agility - 5 (+1 small frame)

Luck - 4 (+3 intense training (3))

Skills:

Explosives - 40 (-5 good nature)

Energy Weapons - 40

Repair - 50

Science - 100 (+5 good nature)

Unarmed - 10

Barter - 50

Guns - 40 (-5 good nature)

Lockpick - 50

Medicine - 100 (+5 good nature)

Survival - 100

Sneak - 50

Speech - 100 (+5 good nature)

Melee Weapons - 20 (-5 good nature)

Perks:

COMPANION PERK: Life Giver- when Red Cross is your companion, all team members slowly heal

1- Medic- Due to knowledge of how to make due with limited medical supplies, extra medical supplies, doctor bags have a 25% chance to be used twice, and healing potions are more potent.

2- good nature- +5 to science, medical, and speech, -5 to guns, explosives and melee

3- small frame- +1 agility, -25% limb durability

4- wildlife friend- due to his experience with wildlife, they will not attack him, and will join his side in battle unless its other wildlife.

5- med detector- 50% more likely to find more medical supplies such as healing potions, super healing potions or doctor bags, Radaway, MedX, RadX, in containers

6- Musician at heart- while listening to music from a radio for example, gains a +20% bonus to MEDICAL skill tests. NOTE: THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH HUMMING, WHISTLING, OR ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS ON A RADIO.

7- intense training (3)- adds +1 to SPECIAL skill of choice.

8- Overheal- extensive studies allows chems he administers to last twice as long.

Inventory-

Doctor Bag x5 restores all limbs

Healing potion x20 heals wounds, may also be concentrated to limbs to restore them.

Super healing Potion x5 heals wounds more effectively, allows "super healing potion" debuff, which temporarily ignores crippling.

Likes- helping others, medicine, science

Dislikes- death, killing, fighting, losing friends

Personality: very kind natured and rather shy. However, he will talk when he's spoken to.

History: Red Cross was born and raised in Stalliongrad, though when he reached about 9, his mother, who was a caravan trader, fell Ill with an unknown disease. Determined to help her, red began studying medicine to find out what it was, and cure her before it was too late... Sadly, She passed away from radiation poisoning... Knowing that it was too late for her, on her deathbed, Red's mother made him promise her that he was going to better his medical knowledge and use it to help others. Since she noticed that he had a niche for it, and it seemed to be something he was happy with. About two years later, at age twelve, he was wandering to her grave, which was a distant walk from Stalliongrad, to pay his respects to her when he noticed a dying dog. He took it and nursed it back to health, and it wouldn't leave his side, and then bandits attacked him on the road. and the dog managed to kill two of them, scaring the third to flee. Red named his dog Blue Shield, due to his protective nature, and his peculiar ice blue eyes, which his mother had. Ever since then, Red Cross and his dog have been finding travelers, citizens, etc. and nursing them all, and have become rather renowned for their intentions... To Red Cross, faction doesn't matter, if it's a living creature of some kind, he'll nurse it back to health. Steel Rangers, former Enclave, alicorns, zebras, griffins, travelers and the wildlife.

NOTE--- BLUE SHIELD IS IN FACT, A VERY OLD DOG, AND IS NEARING THE END OF HIS LIFE!!!!!

Hello and congratulate you to your third app.

Every once in a while I might have a lazy day or two, but other than that I have a hard work, including the occasional 12 hour day or 24 hour guard shift duty.

Because I have to review apps in my free time, and because this is already the third app I'd have to review, I decided that I will not review it unless you clearly say that your app is finished.

You know the drill: 35 SPECIAL points and 750 Skill points, 10 Perks and one Party Perk.

Name: Red Cross

Alias: Doc

Sex:Male

Species: Earth Pony

​Appearance: a white stallion with red, scruffy mane and tail. His eyes are blue, and he stands at a short and lean stature.

Physique: lean

Origin/residence: Stalliongrad

Motivation: helping others.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L. :

Strength - 5

Perception - 5

Endurance - 5

Charisma - 5

Intelligence - 10

Agility - 5 (+1 small frame)

Luck - 5 (+4 intense training (4))

Skills:

Explosives - 40 (-5 good nature)

Energy Weapons - 40

Repair - 50

Science - 100 (+5 good nature)

Unarmed - 10

Barter - 50

Guns - 40 (-5 good nature)

Lockpick - 50

Medicine - 100 (+5 good nature)

Survival - 100

Sneak - 50

Speech - 100 (+5 good nature)

Melee Weapons - 20 (-5 good nature)

Perks:

COMPANION PERK: Life Giver- when Red Cross is your companion, all team members slowly regenerate lost HP.

1- Medic- Due to knowledge of how to make due with limited medical supplies, extra medical supplies, doctor bags have a 25% chance to be used twice, and healing potions heal 15% more!

2- good nature- +5 to science, medical, and speech, -5 to guns, explosives and melee

3- small frame- +1 agility, -25% limb durability

4- animal friend- due to his experience with animals,, they will not attack him, and will join his side in battle unless its other animals.

5- med detector- 50% more likely to find more healing potions, super healing potions or doctor bags in containers

6- Musician at heart- while listening to music, Red Cross heals 10 times as much, while suffering a -2 to all SPECIAL stats.

6- intense training (4)- adds +1 to SPECIAL skill of choice, max rank 10.

7- Overheal- extensive studies allow him to heal 50% over the recipients max HP, except his own.

Inventory-

Doctor Bag x5 restores all limbs

Healing potion x20 restores 90 HP

Super healing Potion x5 restores 180 HP

Likes- helping others, medicine, science

Dislikes- death, killing, fighting, losing friends

Personality: very kind natured and rather shy. However, he will talk when he's spoken to.

History: Red Cross was born and raised in Stalliongrad, though when he reached about 9, his mother, who was a caravan trader, fell Ill with an unknown disease. Determined to help her, red began studying medicine to find out what it was, and cure her before it was too late... Sadly, She passed away from radiation poisoning... Knowing that it was too late for her, on her deathbed, Red's mother made him promise her that he was going to better his medical knowledge and use it to help others. Since she noticed that he had a niche for it, and it seemed to be something he was happy with. About two years later, at age twelve, he was wandering to her grave to pay his respects to her when he noticed a dying dog. He took it and nursed it back to health, and it wouldn't leave his side, and then bandits attacked his home, and the dog managed to kill two of them, scaring the third to flee. Red named his dog Blue Shield, due to his protective nature, and his peculiar ice blue eyes, which his mother had. Ever since then, Red Cross and his dog have been finding travelers, citizens, etc. and nursing them all, and have become rather renowned for their intentions... To Red Cross, faction doesn't matter, if it's a living creature of some kind, he'll nurse it back to health. Republic, Legion, Ranger, wildlife, travelers, anyone.

NOTE--- BLUE SHIELD IS IN FACT, A VERY OLD DOG, AND IS NEARING THE END OF HIS LIFE!!!!!

1.) S.P.E.C.I.A.L. or the Intense Training perk

We allow the perk "Intense Training" to be taken up to three times. In addition, stacking perks count as only one perk all together. You currently have 4 ranks of "Intense Training"

2.) Perks

This applies to many parts of your app, so:

We don't work with Hitpoints and instead apply logic. Don't use any numbers to determinate how much damage you heal.

2.1) Medic

"...and healing potions heal 15% more!"

Change that part to say that healing potions are more potent.

2.2) Animal Friend

Given that all of our chars are animals, change it to "Wildlife Friend". I think that suits better.

2.3) Med Detector

You might want to add stuff like Rad-X, Rad-Away and Med-X to the list. Those are rather common medical supplies (or at least Rad-X and Rad-Away have been for a long time. Now they ship in radiated water for those who need it.)

2.4) Musician at heart

Ten times as much healing? No.

We can change it however to him getting a bonus on Medicine-Skilltests while listening to music, without S.P.E.C.I.A.L. decreases. However, it has to be music, a radio for example, and not he himself humming.

2.5) Intense Training

As already said, we allow up to three ranks of this perk. In addition, with "Musician at heart" being number 6 already, Intense Training should be number 7 and so on.

2.6) Overheal

We are not at Team Fortress 2, you can't be healthier than fully healthy. However, you can say that, given to his superior knowledge in medicine, chems he administers to anyone (Yes, also including griffins, zebras and so on) last longer.

3.) Inventory

As I've already said, remove the points the potions heal.

4) History

Alright, the whole "unknown disease" stuff. Here we go...

4.1) Bandits breaking into his house.

Stalliongrad is a rather safe city. It's heavily fortified and in Steel Ranger control. Multiple big, heavy guns are facing outwards and there are more than a few Steel Rangers in there. Bandits being inside the city is a rather unrealistic concept. You can however make, that Red Cross was outside of the city and was attacked instead.

4.2) The many factions.

You might want to replace it with "Steel Rangers, former Enclave, alicorns, zebras, griffins, travelers and the wildlife.

One tiny last thing:

6-Musician at heart-while listening to music from a radio for example, gains a +10 bonus to MEDICAL skill tests.

You already have a Medical skill of 100. Better write that he get's a +20% bonus on Medical skill tests. This should give you a nice bonus.

Feel free to change it to unicorn.

And no, this is not an anthro rp. (Okay, by the strict definition of anthro it is, but...)

Our ponies don't have habds and walk on all four but can speak and everything.

K. I'll go ahead and change his race. I want him to be able to hold guns rather than resort to melee. Since his strength is only average, he'd probably deal more damage with energy weapons due to his intellegence. I feel he'd be completely useless with melee weapons and unarmed.

How big is the group on gdocs? If its five or less including me... Could we probably move it over to PM with 5 people total? Or perhaps open it up in 18+ with a different name? Just a suggestion...

I'll just start make another thread for it since I want the others to still be able to see if they want to. I'll post the thread here for you.

How big is the group on gdocs? If its five or less including me... Could we probably move it over to PM with 5 people total? Or perhaps open it up in 18+ with a different name? Just a suggestion...

Here is the new thread.

You are one of the unknown figures, once your first post is up it starts up for real.